Valid touch pad

20220318_143740.thumb.jpg.29b0e8c3f9bc8c1189c2f993501e32a8.jpgI know I've seen this question but can't find it.  I'm having an issue with my valid touch pad on my air system on my 2006 Camelot.  I've been driving and  when I stopped for a break the fault alarm came on.  I did the reset and it cleared.  I drive a mile and it comes on again.  I did the reset again and  about 50 miles I stopped for fuel and walk the dog.  When I started down the road about 1 mile,  it came on again.  Now I sit by the road and it keeps coming back on.  

Edited by GypsyJo

Did you try unplugging and plugging back in the connector below the keypad display.  It might be as simple as a loose connection.

That is what I did.  I unscrewed the 4 star screws and carefully pulled out the controller.  Then I unplugged the controller power and data connection, waited 30 seconds and plugged the data in first then the power.  Worked for awhile (few months) but had to finally replace the controller.

Good Luck!

In case resetting the connector doesn't work, here is a link to the service manual where it explains how to read the fault codes.

25 minutes ago, GypsyJo said:

Yes and it's still the same. 

I unplugged and reset and still same.  I looked at the faults in the down load and what I have is different. I only have 1 red light almost center of drivers side and travel button lit up.  

See page 40 - left front travel valve is the problem.

Is the fault light or the light on the front left flashing?  If so the manual will explain what that means.  Are you able to manually adjust heights?  Does auto level work?

The manual also will tell you how to override the system so you can drive to a repair shop in most cases.

18 hours ago, Dbircky said:

Had a similar problem with mine, except it was the passenger side tag axle.  Ended up being a faulty wiring harness.  The Valid folks were a massive help in diagnosing and getting me the new harness.  250 832 6477 or  https://validmfg.com/product/vehicle-leveling-system/ 

Good Luck.  At least your front wires are easier to reach than the rear ones.....

Thank you

We had an issue with ours a while back; fault lights and warning beeps for miles and miles.  Turning off the batteries at the disconnects would solve the problem for most of the trip.  Good luck.  Outside of the warning lights and beeping the coach ride height was fine and the coach rode and parked level.  Shop said it was a bad controller and solenoid.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty

Our 08 Camelot tag Valid quit . Was told the computer board went bad . I unplugged the ribbon sprayed with electrical cleaner. Hasn’t missed a beat in 7 years.l was told if the board went bad it would default to travel mode. Boards aren’t cheap plus duty tax out of Canada.