Valid touch pad

GypsyJo
Go to solution Solved by GypsyJo,

20220318_143740.thumb.jpg.29b0e8c3f9bc8c1189c2f993501e32a8.jpgI know I've seen this question but can't find it.  I'm having an issue with my valid touch pad on my air system on my 2006 Camelot.  I've been driving and  when I stopped for a break the fault alarm came on.  I did the reset and it cleared.  I drive a mile and it comes on again.  I did the reset again and  about 50 miles I stopped for fuel and walk the dog.  When I started down the road about 1 mile,  it came on again.  Now I sit by the road and it keeps coming back on.  

Edited by GypsyJo

That is what I did.  I unscrewed the 4 star screws and carefully pulled out the controller.  Then I unplugged the controller power and data connection, waited 30 seconds and plugged the data in first then the power.  Worked for awhile (few months) but had to finally replace the controller.

Good Luck!

25 minutes ago, GypsyJo said:

Yes and it's still the same. 

I unplugged and reset and still same.  I looked at the faults in the down load and what I have is different. I only have 1 red light almost center of drivers side and travel button lit up.  

See page 40 - left front travel valve is the problem.

Is the fault light or the light on the front left flashing?  If so the manual will explain what that means.  Are you able to manually adjust heights?  Does auto level work?

The manual also will tell you how to override the system so you can drive to a repair shop in most cases.

Had a similar problem with mine, except it was the passenger side tag axle.  Ended up being a faulty wiring harness.  The Valid folks were a massive help in diagnosing and getting me the new harness.  250 832 6477 or  https://validmfg.com/product/vehicle-leveling-system/ 

Good Luck.  At least your front wires are easier to reach than the rear ones.....

18 hours ago, Dbircky said:

Had a similar problem with mine, except it was the passenger side tag axle.  Ended up being a faulty wiring harness.  The Valid folks were a massive help in diagnosing and getting me the new harness.  250 832 6477 or  https://validmfg.com/product/vehicle-leveling-system/ 

Good Luck.  At least your front wires are easier to reach than the rear ones.....

Thank you

We had an issue with ours a while back; fault lights and warning beeps for miles and miles.  Turning off the batteries at the disconnects would solve the problem for most of the trip.  Good luck.  Outside of the warning lights and beeping the coach ride height was fine and the coach rode and parked level.  Shop said it was a bad controller and solenoid.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty

Our 08 Camelot tag Valid quit . Was told the computer board went bad . I unplugged the ribbon sprayed with electrical cleaner. Hasn’t missed a beat in 7 years.l was told if the board went bad it would default to travel mode. Boards aren’t cheap plus duty tax out of Canada.

• 6 months later...
  • Solution

I am back to my Valid system. I last posted about my Valid issue back in March. Well I finally pulled out of the park where I worked all summer to go have my slideouts looked at and I had NO alarms from my Valid system. Although now, instead of laying 10 days pretty level, since returning and parking, it’s now lasting 2-3 days. I’m thinking it’s time to call Valid and see if it is a Valid issue or something else.  Any thoughts and Thank you 

• 4 months later...

I took my 2006 Monaco Camelot into Josam’s in Orlando to fix the air leaks in my system. My coach could not maintain level for 24 hours and I could hear leaks. They called and said they only found tiny leaks and fixed them. 400.00 later, two days off work and the drive and I get back to my site to set up. Went to level and from drivers seat I could hear air rushing out. I crawled under the coach and found first a tube that wasn’t in place where there is a compression fitting. I put it in and made sure it was well seated, then proceeded to crawl to the front of the coach where i I continue to hear air. I found a brass fitting that was literally hand tightened. After splitting plumbers tape and tightening it, the air leak stopped but still I could hear air. My neighbor crawled under and his friend stood next to the front passenger tire where they were heading the air leak. They found a T that was leaking and went to Lowe’s and found the same fitting for 7.00 and replaced it. It’s been 5 days and my coach has maintained level completely. 
needless to say, I won’t be going back to Josams again. problem is fixed now.  Valid is working perfectly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Wow 🤨!

Guess some owners swear by Josam's, others swear at them!

Don’t know all the circumstances, but this is a rare occurrence and if Barry was aware of it, he would have moved Heaven and Earth to rectify it.  Many folks have driven from NC to get things fixed..l.on the Valid system,

I am sorry the GypsyJo had a bad experience and hope contacts Barry and he takes care of it.  He has one person, Mike I was told, that is the Monaco Air tech…and he fixed an unbelievable problem for a friend…

12 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

Don’t know all the circumstances, but this is a rare occurrence and if Barry was aware of it, he would have moved Heaven and Earth to rectify it.  Many folks have driven from NC to get things fixed..l.on the Valid system,

I am sorry the GypsyJo had a bad experience and hope contacts Barry and he takes care of it.  He has one person, Mike I was told, that is the Monaco Air tech…and he fixed an unbelievable problem for a friend…

I have been the recipient of experiencing Barry moving “Heaven and Earth” to rectify a problem. I trust JoSam’s because of Barry.

When I bough the Dynasty, I couldn't go in travel mode. After talking to Valid, they said it was most probably a bad keypad. 

I changed it and everything as been fine for the last 5 years.  

They mentioned that it is common to have water coming from the driver window sneaking under the pad and corroding it. 

Good luck 

2 hours ago, Michel Galarneau said:

When I bough the Dynasty, I couldn't go in travel mode. After talking to Valid, they said it was most probably a bad keypad. 

I changed it and everything as been fine for the last 5 years.  

They mentioned that it is common to have water coming from the driver window sneaking under the pad and corroding it. 

Canned answer by Valid when their keypad fails! Myself and many others have heard it!

Mine can't be turned on without ignition key on anymore, otherwise it's still functional (for now).

I pulled it out for inspection. No signs of ever having water intrusion!

1 minute ago, 96 EVO said:

Canned answer by Valid when their keypad fails! Myself and many others have heard it!

Mine can't be turned on without ignition key on anymore, otherwise it's still functional (for now).

I pulled it out for inspection. No signs of ever having water intrusion!

Hi Ben, 

i didn't want to imply that it was your case. I mentioned that on mine it was the problems. I removed the plastic over the button and it was all corroded. 

Have e great day 

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2022 at 2:54 PM, TigerMar said:

That is what I did.  I unscrewed the 4 star screws and carefully pulled out the controller.  Then I unplugged the controller power and data connection, waited 30 seconds and plugged the data in first then the power.  Worked for awhile (few months) but had to finally replace the controller.

Good Luck!

Where did you find another controller?