New Website Feature & Call for Videos

I’ve been working on adding a new feature to the website lately to add video to our repertoire.  My “test” case are videos from the discs that came with my coach.  

For now, it’s in “test” mode, and you can only view and comment on videos.  Also, only Members can see the forum. 

Here is a link to the “test” forum:

https://www.monacoers.org/forum/39-videos-test/

My vision is that we create a library of these videos produced by Monaco Coach Corp for as many coaches as possible. Many times the original disks have been lost and subsequent owners never get to see the information on their coach. 

…to that end, I’d like to ask… if you still have the disc or discs that came with your coach, would you allow me to use them to upload videos to the site?  Please private message me if so, and we can make arrangements for me to borrow your disc for a few days. 

Let me know what you think!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great idea Scott. Sorry but I don’t have the DVD for our coach. The first batch of videos you posted are great. I look forward to seeing the growing library

Thank for all you do!

We have, or so I thought, every bit of paperwork that came with our coach, including the plastic briefcase. We do not have a disc, sorry, though I would love to see if such a thing exists.

For some reason I can't get the video  to work.  I normally use Firefox but have two ad blockers, couldn't get to work on that.  I then tried using Chrome, no ad blockers, but still couldn't get the video to work. 

Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, jacwjames said:

For some reason I can't get the video  to work.  I normally use Firefox but have two ad blockers, couldn't get to work on that.  I then tried using Chrome, no ad blockers, but still couldn't get the video to work. 

Any suggestions?

Did you try right clicking and opening the video in a new window?

Guest rangerboat

Scotty

Sincere thanks for all you do for us. You and the crew monitoring our website are fantastic. Thanks!

17 hours ago, jacwjames said:

Yes I did, still won't play the video. 

Any other suggestions?

Other than disabling the ad blockers, I can’t think of anything else, other than trying Microsoft Edge.

17 hours ago, jacwjames said:

Any other suggestions?

The videos are a standard format: MP4.  I tested with a couple of different browsers and they seemed to work ok.  

Here is an article I’ve used to work through a similar problem. This is for Microsoft Edge, but the overall steps work to troubleshoot video in any browser, although the menu commands will be slightly different.  

https://www.makeuseof.com/microsoft-edge-not-playing-videos-fixes/

In my case (YMMV), corrupted files in my browser cache were the problem. After clearing the cache and restarting my PC, it worked fine.

PS - I never really understood why, but it affected Chrome, Brave, and Edge browsers on my Win10 64 bit Professional based PC. Fixing it in Chrome resolved the issue for all three browsers. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, jacwjames said:

Thanks, 

I guess it time to clear the cache, been a while since I've done that so it's probably time. 

I've used CCleaner on my computer for years.....does wonders for cleaning out unwanted files.

Great idea to have these videos.  We bought our coach new and there were no videos that came with the coach.  However, I do recall seeing these video on the original Monaco web site back when I bought my coach.

On 7/10/2022 at 12:32 PM, jacwjames said:

Thanks, 

I guess it time to clear the cache, been a while since I've done that so it's probably time. 

Jim,

Did you ever get the videos working?

scotty