Holding tank issues

Abandon the current tank level system used by Aladdin as the sensors are basically useless.

Purchase a SeeLevel System and install that to your tanks. You will never have any more issues with sensors or inaccurate tank readings.

You can purchase new sensors for your existing system for about $80-$90 each but it will be a waste of money. 

Aladdin tank sensor for use on holding tanks I 500-10050-07 (findmyrvparts.com)

• Like 1

I don’t have the Aladdin system. I replaced mine with the Sea-Level system. I just posted pictures. 

The best part for me is I got a second control panel and installed it in the Wet Bay. That way I can easily see how the filling of the fresh water or the rinsing of the black is going).

Good Luck

The black and gray tank each have their own sensor located in the sides of the tank at the bottom. At least on my signature. They get crusted over with time. You can try removing and cleaning them or replacing them. I believe they are still available. Mine are not reading correctly either. Too many other things need attention so it's on the back burner for now. Hope this helps

The Aladdin system uses pressure transducers installed in the bottom of each holding tank.  They require periodic replacement and calibration.  

https://www.shop.catconproducts.com/product.sc?productId=15

They are also available from Northwest RV Supply.  Air Stream parts also has them but they are $180 each.  

The toughest part of replacing them is locating them.  Just follow the gray RJ11 telephone cord to the sensor screwed into the bottom of each tank.  Wrap the new sensor with several turns of Teflon tape and insert it by hand.   Screw it in as tight as you can by hand.  If it still leaks give it 1/2 turn but do not over tighten. 

If you need help with calibration check back and I can post the procedures.   

Edited by vito.a

As stated in previous responses, the sensors can accumulate “debris” or foreign material that will impact their operational accuracy.  May want to try using Caravan RV tank sensor cleaner?  I have used this and great results.  Still have original sensor’s on my Aladdin.  Also once you get the sensor cleaned, I maintain my tank sensors with the Caravan Full timers holding tank treatment.   
these can be purchased via Amazon.

You need to re-calibrate the Empty and Full levels of the tank.  Be careful when cleaning the sensor.  There is a jell like substance in the sensor.  Do Not Remove that jell  because you will destroy the sensor.  When you remove the sensor, obtain a 90 degree elbow.  Screw the elbow into the tank with the other end of the 90 degree pointing up.  Install the sensor into to 90 degree elbow that is pointing up.  That way you will not get any crud on the sensor.

Chuck B 2004 Windsor

For the price of replacement sensors you can buy a new Seelevel system. With their system the sensors mount on the exterior of the tank and are very accurate and do not require maintenance. It’s a very easy system to install and I am very happy with it since installing it early this year

I purchased a second monitor also. One is in the dash and the other I put in the wet bay where the Alladin display was. I left my Alladin functioning and ran a new wire for the dash monitor from the wet bay. I think my total cost with the second monitor was right around $275. Without the second monitor the cost would be around $190. I did purchase from rvupgrades.com

Edited by Chargerman