Leaning to the left

birdshill123

But not my politics. Yesterday our 08 Monaco started an extreme left lean. Am in Fargo,nd ans u til we got here not one truck shop would work on a mh. Finally the TA got us in. Not a very good mechanic. Could not get the correct valve for 3 or more days. He found one that will work but he installed incorrect tly. Today a real mechanic is trying. He has air to the valve but itdoesnot pass through. The last time this happened the front valve caused the leaning.  The good guy just told me the valve was flipped 90 degrees and the lines were reversed.  Here is hoping. I once had a problem on our Bluebird  and I was able to fix it on the road in Mexico. But it had lots of ground clearance. The Dynasty is like a low rider chollo vehicle! I was very worried yesterday that the Valid system was the problem.

11 minutes ago, birdshill123 said:

But not my politics. Yesterday our 08 Monaco started an extreme left lean. Am in Fargo,nd ans u til we got here not one truck shop would work on a mh. Finally the TA got us in. Not a very good mechanic. Could not get the correct valve for 3 or more days. He found one that will work but he installed incorrect tly. Today a real mechanic is trying. He has air to the valve but itdoesnot pass through. The last time this happened the front valve caused the leaning.  The good guy just told me the valve was flipped 90 degrees and the lines were reversed.  Here is hoping. I once had a problem on our Bluebird  and I was able to fix it on the road in Mexico. But it had lots of ground clearance. The Dynasty is like a low rider chollo vehicle! I was very worried yesterday that the Valid system was the problem.

I wrote a post on an “air & Valid” leveling problem on a friend’s 07 Dynasty.  He took it to one of the country’s leading chassis and such experts, Josams in Orlando.  They had to restore the entire air system and replace the Auxiliary compressor.  That was the “start” of it.  

They originally thought that the valves were “defective”.  Ordered new ones.  But  when they started pulling the valves out and ran more tests….BINGO, a Valid issue. The “new to my friend” Dynasty had had the Valid Control or maybe the keypad and the unit replaced prior to sale.  It would NOT level properly….but the ride height was OK.  Keith the SR, Monaco tech was stumped and finally called Valid.  Their tech support spent about 20 minutes and had Keith totally run the diagnostics and then do a complete “shutdown and cold reboot” of the system.  BINGO.  All was well.  System functioned and leveling was working perfectly.

My only advice….make sure that an unknowing tech doesn’t misdiagnose the Valid and replace parts needlessly.  Valid does have a good and responsive tech support line for technicians.  

I had my Camelot recalibrated at a chassis shop in Elkhart a few years ago.  All he did was adjust the corner sensors and we aired up and down many times til he got it tweaked.

Good Luck

Valid has a very good trouble shooting manual on the web, or at least they did and they are very helpful over the phone. Many of the control pad issues are tied to a leaky front driver window at least in my case with the exec. The ride height valves aren't the best design either, I once had to go through 3 new ones to find one that worked correctly and these were new out of the box.

55 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

I wrote a post on an “air & Valid” leveling problem on a friend’s 07 Dynasty.  He took it to one of the country’s leading chassis and such experts, Josams in Orlando.  They had to restore the entire air system and replace the Auxiliary compressor.  That was the “start” of it.  

They originally thought that the valves were “defective”.  Ordered new ones.  But  when they started pulling the valves out and ran more tests….BINGO, a Valid issue. The “new to my friend” Dynasty had had the Valid Control or maybe the keypad and the unit replaced prior to sale.  It would NOT level properly….but the ride height was OK.  Keith the SR, Monaco tech was stumped and finally called Valid.  Their tech support spent about 20 minutes and had Keith totally run the diagnostics and then do a complete “shutdown and cold reboot” of the system.  BINGO.  All was well.  System functioned and leveling was working perfectly.

My only advice….make sure that an unknowing tech doesn’t misdiagnose the Valid and replace parts needlessly.  Valid does have a good and responsive tech support line for technicians.  

I had my Camelot recalibrated at a chassis shop in Elkhart a few years ago.  All he did was adjust the corner sensors and we aired up and down many times til he got it tweaked.

Good Luck

Tom,

About 4 months ago, I had a problem of losing air in a day or two on my air bags and the front will lean down.   I have the Power Gear leveling system.  I think it is partnered with Valid.  Since the rig is 15 year old rig and the air bags are all peeling off at its bottom side, I replaced all 8 airbags using one of the truck service company.  The air issue was not resolved.  In two days, the air pressure gauge will show 65 psi from 115 psi.  

Do you know of a knowlegable and good company to resolve my issue.  I am based here in Ventura California.

What is the name and contact info of the chassis shop in Elkhart?  Or should I bring my rig to Josams?

Thanks for your help.

2 hours ago, weighman695 said:

Tom,

About 4 months ago, I had a problem of losing air in a day or two on my air bags and the front will lean down.   I have the Power Gear leveling system.  I think it is partnered with Valid.  Since the rig is 15 year old rig and the air bags are all peeling off at its bottom side, I replaced all 8 airbags using one of the truck service company.  The air issue was not resolved.  In two days, the air pressure gauge will show 65 psi from 115 psi.  

Do you know of a knowlegable and good company to resolve my issue.  I am based here in Ventura California.

What is the name and contact info of the chassis shop in Elkhart?  Or should I bring my rig to Josams?

Thanks for your help.

Being on the East Coast, I can only recommend Josams.  The truck chassis shop I used 4 years ago in Elkhart was a one man and two flunky helpers show.  If it was still run by him, maybe.  But Josams is the best bet.  I’m sue that there are some good shops. 

What I would recommend is finding a good OTR truck shop and having them go through your entire air system.  I have mine leak tested maybe every 4 years ago.  Mine leaks down to the alarm in maybe 5 days at ambient.  Colder….the quicker.  That is WELL within the DOT safety standards.  Now, when I say, leaks, the air bags do not.  Just the air system.  The usual fix is to replace the PPV or Pressure valves.  I have had to replace at least one,  I did some bubble testing.  Replacing the PPV and I think there are 3 of them would be a good start.  I also leak tested the Wabco. It had minor leaks on the  front and rear.  I chose not to have it rebuilt and bought a new one and had it installed.

From what I understand from talking to some more experienced and knowledgeable members, 5 days to leak down to the alarm is not worth chasing.  The Caveat is that the air suspension system not “droop”.  We have the same leveling system.  Mine just needed tweaking.  If you get a recommendation on a chassis or OTR air shop that knows how to adjust the 3 sensors, that is a piece of cake; there is one on each rear corner and a center one for the front axle.  

Henderson’s in OR comes highly recommended.  That would be a lot closer.  

Good Luck..,

I had the same problem with my 08 Dynasty last week, except it was on the right side. Your leveling valve needs replaced. There are three of these valves on your coach, one in the front and two in the rear. The rear ones are located just behind and above the drive axle. I went to a truck parts supply company and they said the valve is obsolete and was replaced with 6300BFAB13 at a cost of $127 each. However, they had only four in their warehouse and said those ones were discontinued. The only difference is the air connect ports on the replacement valve are 3/8" versus the 1/2" required to fit your air lines. I went to Fluid Dynamics and got adapters to go from 3/8 to 1/2. These are just plastic inserts.

Since I am unsure whether there will be another replacement, I bought three of the four valves they had. The adjustment needs to be set with the engine running and in travel mode. The distance between the air bag mounting plates needs to be 8".

11 minutes ago, Daryl Ammons said:

Doug,  How was the experience with Fantasy RV Tours to Alaska?

Sort of OFF a TOPIC….but was that the one that probably left the “welcome CG” around mid July.  Had 2 friends that left NC on 7/7.  Small world….PM ago not hijack this thread….

If you are of a mind to, then we have sections for reviews of CG and such….

Thanks,

21 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

Being on the East Coast, I can only recommend Josams.  The truck chassis shop I used 4 years ago in Elkhart was a one man and two flunky helpers show.  If it was still run by him, maybe.  But Josams is the best bet.  I’m sue that there are some good shops. 

What I would recommend is finding a good OTR truck shop and having them go through your entire air system.  I have mine leak tested maybe every 4 years ago.  Mine leaks down to the alarm in maybe 5 days at ambient.  Colder….the quicker.  That is WELL within the DOT safety standards.  Now, when I say, leaks, the air bags do not.  Just the air system.  The usual fix is to replace the PPV or Pressure valves.  I have had to replace at least one,  I did some bubble testing.  Replacing the PPV and I think there are 3 of them would be a good start.  I also leak tested the Wabco. It had minor leaks on the  front and rear.  I chose not to have it rebuilt and bought a new one and had it installed.

From what I understand from talking to some more experienced and knowledgeable members, 5 days to leak down to the alarm is not worth chasing.  The Caveat is that the air suspension system not “droop”.  We have the same leveling system.  Mine just needed tweaking.  If you get a recommendation on a chassis or OTR air shop that knows how to adjust the 3 sensors, that is a piece of cake; there is one on each rear corner and a center one for the front axle.  

Henderson’s in OR comes highly recommended.  That would be a lot closer.  

Good Luck..,

Thank you for the info...

20 hours ago, Doug and Nicki said:

I had the same problem with my 08 Dynasty last week, except it was on the right side. Your leveling valve needs replaced. There are three of these valves on your coach, one in the front and two in the rear. The rear ones are located just behind and above the drive axle. I went to a truck parts supply company and they said the valve is obsolete and was replaced with 6300BFAB13 at a cost of $127 each. However, they had only four in their warehouse and said those ones were discontinued. The only difference is the air connect ports on the replacement valve are 3/8" versus the 1/2" required to fit your air lines. I went to Fluid Dynamics and got adapters to go from 3/8 to 1/2. These are just plastic inserts.

Since I am unsure whether there will be another replacement, I bought three of the four valves they had. The adjustment needs to be set with the engine running and in travel mode. The distance between the air bag mounting plates needs to be 8".

Thank you for the info....

The saga continues. We hit the road this morning and now it is leaning to the right. Air is exiting quickly between the rear axles. I cannot get under. Too dangerous.  When I started the engine  air eas below 65 lbs. Took a long time to build up. Compressor loads and unloads quickly.  But it keeps it between 102 and 121. We drove to Omaha and are parked at a Love's right beside Freightliner.  They are opened 24/7 but full up today. They hope to get to me tomorrow. I really need some information. The Hadley part # for the rear levelling valves. I looked at the files for the rear ride height but could not find anything for an 08 Dynasty. If  I remember correctly you measure between the top and lower plates. Thanks

Spent all day yesterday at FL. I had them replace the remaining oem valve

Now all3 are Hadley 450. Left there with a much lighter wallet. Shop supplies alone were $160.00!!! Drove 2 miles to spend the night at WM. Left to go south this morning and I could see the digital air gauge going nuts . Pressure would drop from 120 to about 90 plus and then go up. Stopped and air was rushing out of the level valve. Went back to FL and once it was inside the leak stopped. I was able to drive it around the lot and it leaked.  Back inside and te h was checking everything and it stopped leaking.We are back at WM and will drive about 20 miles and go back to FL. I am thinking one of the valves is faulty.  But if they change it and it still leaks who will pay the labor $185  an hour. I am frustrated. It is 20 degrees in the am so maybe some moisture caused ice??

I have had two new levelling valves that intermittently raised the coach all the way up although they were off brand.  I thought perhaps they were manufactured in the same batch since they were from the same FleetPride and the second valve was a warranty exchange for the first one.  The third valve (Hadley 450) cured the problem.

I would think it would be a warranty repair if they just changed it.  It's not likely to fix itself and you will end up an another shop for the same problem down the road.

12 hours ago, birdshill123 said:

Spent all day yesterday at FL. I had them replace the remaining oem valve

Now all3 are Hadley 450. Left there with a much lighter wallet. Shop supplies alone were $160.00!!! Drove 2 miles to spend the night at WM. Left to go south this morning and I could see the digital air gauge going nuts . Pressure would drop from 120 to about 90 plus and then go up. Stopped and air was rushing out of the level valve. Went back to FL and once it was inside the leak stopped. I was able to drive it around the lot and it leaked.  Back inside and te h was checking everything and it stopped leaking.We are back at WM and will drive about 20 miles and go back to FL. I am thinking one of the valves is faulty.  But if they change it and it still leaks who will pay the labor $185  an hour. I am frustrated. It is 20 degrees in the am so maybe some moisture caused ice??

If you were in Florida, then Josams in Orlando and “Keith”, per prior reports, is the expert.  Barry is the service manager.  Perhaps your shop could call and get some additional advice and expertise…

Bummer.

Wednesday they changed the valve that the TA had installed. It was faulty. I went for a 10 mile test ride and air was exhausting at a high rate from one of the valves. But the unit remained level. Back to the shop and they started looking at where the line from the leaky valve connected to the system. The macanic eas ready to go home. He switched 2 of the lines and like magic all was good. I think the T A had fooled with thoseines. We drove 400 miles today and it is fine. I am going ro start a new thread on getting service at large dealer shops.

6 hours ago, birdshill123 said:

Wednesday they changed the valve that the TA had installed. It was faulty. I went for a 10 mile test ride and air was exhausting at a high rate from one of the valves. But the unit remained level. Back to the shop and they started looking at where the line from the leaky valve connected to the system. The macanic eas ready to go home. He switched 2 of the lines and like magic all was good. I think the T A had fooled with thoseines. We drove 400 miles today and it is fine. I am going ro start a new thread on getting service at large dealer shops.

Bruce, who is "they"?.  Is it Josams