Splendide Washer/Dryer Combo not drying

Russell

After the drying feature konked out on the Splendide, I got on the phone with them. They were SUPER helpful with regard to diagnosis. There is a simple fix, if that's the problem. A couple little sensors on the top of the machine. Don't even need to remove it from the cabinet. If it's NOT that (in my case) the second test is a computer board which is at the bottom in the back. I was instructed by the helpful tech dude to just get it out of the cabinet and lay it down. I can do that in the closet and test this board. The bad news, according to tech dude is that if it turns out to be that, they don't have a replacement. 

So I'm wondering if anyone else has run in to this problem. The little sensors are about a $60 fix. Since that was not it on mine, it seems like the only thing I'm going to know after testing the board is that it IS in fact, the board. Since they don't have this part, I was hoping to get some suggestions here. 

I'm bucking-up to buy a new one, but I figured I'd check to see if there's another solution when I find out that it's this board at the bottom. 

Thanks. 

2003 Windsor

3 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

Did you check your vent??   Ours started to take longer to dry and when I check my vent hose it was almost blocked. 

I failed to include that in the OP. It's not drying slowly. There is no heat whatsoever. 

I had a drying failure on my splende. It turned out to be wire fatigue in the connections to one of the 2 sensors. Fixed it once by putting a new fitting on the wire and it lasted a few cycles before breaking again. I then fixed it by lengthening the wire a few inches and it had worked for over a year. Need to remove the shelve above to access in place, but otherwise the sensors or connectors are on the front right side of the unit as you look at it. Good luck.

• Like 1

I needed to purchase a new one a year ago after I purchased our coach from the original owner, he had told me he tried twice to have it repaired only to have it fail not to long after the repair so he gave up. I wasn’t going to mess with it. Our new one seems to dry pretty well, some of what I’ve read was that because they are only 120V they tend to take a long time to dry clothes, we were actually impressed with the drying time on the new one but we don’t over pack it. JMO.

• Like 1

Here are several files. There is one that shows a parts supplier. I have been told they have used parts available.

I had to replace my snap thermistors after the squirrel cage came loose and created some havoc. 

Just last month I went through the door handle  latch failure which is common. Getting the door open was a neat trick and the wife really likes having the lockout disabled now. She does not have to wait for the thing to timeout.

Snap Disc Order from Amazon.jpg

Splendide thermal snap disc vertical tabs.jpg

Splendide thermal snap disc.jpg

Splendide Washer repair source.jpg

Cleaning Procedure.docx RVLaundryWrinkle.pdf Splendide door handle replacement.pdf Splendide Training Guide newer model.pdf Splendide Training Manual Pre 2002.pdf Splendide Washer DryernCombo_PartsBreakDown.pdf Splendide.pdf

10 hours ago, myrontruex said:

Here are several files. There is one that shows a parts supplier. I have been told they have used parts available.

Myron - Thanks for posting these files.  I added them to our collection in the Downloads File section.

https://www.monacoers.org/files/category/46-washerdryer/

• Like 1

I would suggest making your own set of files for future reference. You might not have an internet signal and need them. 

Of course, I have gone a bit bonkers and have over 7GB of files. They get used almost daily keeping me busy on the forums. 

My files are kept on a thumb drive, Onedrive (cloud), and on a network addressable storage machine for even more backup and a couple of hard drives.

It has taken years to develop these; losing them would have been a total disaster. Fortunately, there are enough people on the forum that have been given the files on a DVD and these days can download them. I mailed many DVDs out over the last years until Onedrive became available. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, tmw188 said:

Yes I should, and will do that. Not sure how large of a thumb drive I should get, I’m not great with figuring file sizes. Thumb drives are cheap I’m sure. 

I have one folder with all my files saved.  If you right click on the folder and then go down to properties and click it will bring up a window that will list the size of the folder.  In my case I have +1.8 GB of files. 

Thumb drives are really cheap right now and the can hold a lot of info.  But in order to back up my whole laptop I use a Seagate.  I try to back everything up on a regular basis since you never know when crap can happen. 

On 11/12/2022 at 1:32 PM, Flyinhy said:

How old is your unit? I just purchased a splindide a month ago. Seems like they would produce enough parts to cover past models....at least 10 years worth.

I have no idea how old the unit is. Could be original. 

21 hours ago, myrontruex said:

I had to replace my snap thermistors after the squirrel cage came loose and created some havoc. 

Just last month I went through the door handle  latch failure which is common. Getting the door open was a neat trick and the wife really likes having the lockout disabled now. She does not have to wait for the thing to timeout.

Snap Disc Order from Amazon.jpg

Splendide thermal snap disc vertical tabs.jpg

Splendide thermal snap disc.jpg

Splendide Washer repair source.jpg

Cleaning Procedure.docx 11.76 kB · 12 downloads RVLaundryWrinkle.pdf 77.18 kB · 8 downloads Splendide door handle replacement.pdf 1.24 MB · 8 downloads Splendide Training Guide newer model.pdf 2.11 MB · 4 downloads Splendide Training Manual Pre 2002.pdf 1.92 MB · 3 downloads Splendide Washer DryernCombo_PartsBreakDown.pdf 1.48 MB · 5 downloads Splendide.pdf 2.09 MB · 7 downloads

Those three switches are what the tech said is the first step. We went throught those together on the phone. It was not those. But I'm going to dig through these PDFs and see if I can find that board (before I pull the machine out) and see if there is a replacement. Thanks for sending those. 

There's a lot of "storage" talk here. I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents on this topic. If you get a Gmail address, you have free access to many tools that Google produces. There's a very clever app called "Keep" that I use for these kinds of things. It's got great sorting and categorizing capabilities. You can insert text, links, p ngs saved under a label I created for "Motorhome." Best part of this app is two-fold. You can use it on any device where you can log in to your Gmail. So laptop, desktop, phone, tablet and be anywhere in the world when you do so. If your laptop gets run over, you still have access to everything. The other thing is that information can be stored locally, so if you don't have internet (or phone internet) a lot of what you put there is saved. With Google, you get 15GB for free (per account). I quickly figured I would simply add an e-mail address in order to save more data. For me, this is a great item for RV people. Saves space. I don't want to deal with printed material if I don't have to. And if I do need to print something, I can always do that. Hope this helps someone. 

image.png.d8e33f5b113d7aabf9efb8e3de5537a9.png

2 hours ago, myrontruex said:

I would suggest making your own set of files for future reference. You might not have an internet signal and need them. 

Of course, I have gone a bit bonkers and have over 7GB of files. They get used almost daily keeping me busy on the forums. 

My files are kept on a thumb drive, Onedrive (cloud), and on a network addressable storage machine for even more backup and a couple of hard drives.

It has taken years to develop these; losing them would have been a total disaster. Fortunately, there are enough people on the forum that have been given the files on a DVD and these days can download them. I mailed many DVDs out over the last years until Onedrive became available. 

That's very good advice.  When I bought my coach in 2007, I started to compile files.  Today I have over 1,500 files totaling just over 2 GB.  They cover a lot more than just my model year coach.  I have them all stored on both my laptop hard drive and a copy on my Dropbox account.  With my cell phone, I have DropBox access almost anywhere I have cell phone service. 

When we moved over to monacoers.org, I transferred all the old files from the old Yahoo group and added all the extra files I had acquired.

It would be good to do through the files we have online that apply to your coach and copy them to your own computer hard drive or thumb drive for future reference in case you don't have an internet connection.

I also use carbonite to backup my pc. I can get to those files anywhere as well as the Onedrive, with internet of course. The carbonite keeps all of my MH files and the laptop fully and constantly backed up. 

I use a program called synch drive to sync up a thumbdrive to my mh files every few months. This just gives me a fresh set of data on the thumbdrive. The synch is set to overwrite old files so I don't end up with a bunc of duplicates.