Sauer Danfoss Hydraulic Pump Repair Needed

Hi Gang;

I have 2005 Dynasty Diamond IV with the Cummins ISL400. The Sauer Danfoss Hydraulic Pump is leaking around the end cap.

I have the model C45.0/20.5L 36844159160.

Is this repairable and if so are there parts available.

If it not easily fixable, where can I find a new or rebuilt one?

Thanks in advance for all your help

George Brennan

g.brennan01@gmail.com

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Sauer Danfoss Hydraulic Pump Repair Needed

George, is your pump mounted on the transmission PTO?  If so, I've replaced mine on my 2005 Exex with Detroit Diesel Series 60.  There is a guy who is having pumps made.  If your pump is mounted to the engine and belt driven, like my old Dynasty, Frank's recommendation above may be your best bet. 

- Rick N (met at Quartzsite several years ago) 

53 minutes ago, sailorp40 said:

Hi Gang;

I have 2005 Dynasty Diamond IV with the Cummins ISL400. The Sauer Danfoss Hydraulic Pump is leaking around the end cap.

I have the model C45.0/20.5L 36844159160.

Is this repairable and if so are there parts available.

If it not easily fixable, where can I find a new or rebuilt one?

Thanks in advance for all your help

George Brennan

g.brennan01@gmail.com

Google is your friend.  If you take the part number you provided and Google it ….

Used pump from salvage yard is $1,100.

Many companies listed that do work on them and rebuild them.

Go to Danfoss.com.  There is a dealer and repair center locator which asks for a location.

Call Danfoss tech support (there is a contact page that lists several options).  You will probably find, since you have the exact PN and such a lot of info as most companies need the exact info.   It may be that you can actually send it in directly to them…..lots of info there.

Little more googling,  Precision Fluid pops up as sponsored.  For some reason, that sounds familiar.  If you download the parts list, there is INFO and company names in it in the Pump section.

WoosterHydrostatics.com specifically says they do repairs on the “Sauer Danfoss”.  They list a complete index of pumps that they can rebuild.

Here is a copy and paste….

Sauer Danfoss Hydraulic Pump Repair Services

Do you need Sauer Danfoss hydraulic pump repair, rebuild, or replacement? We offer Sauer Danfoss pump repair and rebuilds. If you need a free estimate for any Sauer Danfoss pump, get in touch with us today to find out how much it will cost for repairs.

Curiosity…..what is the mileage on the MH?  We see a lot of issues with hydraulics, but those are only, like you, the “broken or leaking”….so no idea how frequently a pump leaks.

Good Luck.  Keep us posted and also if you locate a good dealer or service that does repairs.  I seem to recall a lot of positive comments over the years where people have had their pumps rebuilt with great success…..and some were much older than yours.

Based on the number you provided I believe it is the same as mine.  Attached is the parts page for my pump.   I know that Whitehouse Products has this pump, they use a different numbering scheme so it may be hard to find. I was able to find it once on their site.  You can email them and they should respond. 

REV parts shows a seal kit available for that pump, I used the Monaco part #, they don't have the pump in stock but show the seal kit. https://revrvparts.com/item-detail?itemId=1873325&organizationId=9

You can call REV and confirm.

1 Hyrdrualic Pump.pdf

More than likely your pump needs a new shaft seal.  I had to replace the seals on our hydraulic pump.  The rebuild kit was only $18.  

Call Gary with the model number.  He has rebuild kits in stock.  He can even rebuild your old pump or send you an already rebuilt pump. 

Gary Manchester
7315 W. Wilson Ave.
Harwood Heights, Ill. 60706
ph: 708-887-6320
Fax: 708-887-5009

manchester@qccorp.com

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 5:31 PM, sailorp40 said:

The Sauer Danfoss Hydraulic Pump is leaking around the end cap.

George - do you have a pic of exactly where the leak is?  Also, is it leaking engine oil or hydraulic fluid?