04 Dynasty rear brake shoes and drums replacement

Hello all,  I know this has been discussed before, but after searching thru the files I haven't found what I'm looking for.  Does anyone have the part#s for the rear brakes(drive axle) and drums? I am going to replace them this spring when we return home.  It is the RR10s chassis. Thanks

5 hours ago, vito.a said:

What length is your Dynasty?

Our 42' Signature should be similar.  It's an "S" series chassis.  RR designates rear radiator and you have a side radiator. 

The drive axle brakes are disc. 

Vito, I was under the impression that the RR stood for "Raised Rail" and the 10 in this case indicated how many air springs (bags) the chassis had.  My Cayman has the RR4 chassis and only has 4 air springs, and it seems that I remember reading that there was also an R4 chassis, in which I would assume that the main structural rails that run front to back were not set as high in the construction of that chassis.  I'm certainly no expert in this topic, but I would like to know if my assumption is correct.

Thanks,

Carey

11 hours ago, Idoc57 said:

Vito, I was under the impression that the RR stood for "Raised Rail" and the 10 in this case indicated how many air springs (bags) the chassis had.  My Cayman has the RR4 chassis and only has 4 air springs, and it seems that I remember reading that there was also an R4 chassis, in which I would assume that the main structural rails that run front to back were not set as high in the construction of that chassis.  I'm certainly no expert in this topic, but I would like to know if my assumption is correct.

Thanks,

Carey

It does stand for raised rail.

The 'r' or 's' at the end is the designation for rear or side radiator, ie... RR10(s)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ronnie, on the bottom of the differential center section is a welded or glued on tag listing information about the rear axle. It might be covered with quite a bit of black Monaco paint.  Take a look. Then you can call a truck parts store to see if that works for them.  Also look at the drums for a number, most likely cast into the drum. 

If no one else chimes in, you might have to take the shoes and a drum to the parts store. 

F39A07F9-CF20-4DD4-BE5C-3C4BC1DEAA68.jpeg

• Like 1

Guest Ray Davis

Speaking of brake drums caused me to remember this post by Ed Jones that hopefully will help.

For got to add, any brake parts you need can be sourced at a Utility Trailer dealer.  In my experience they have the parts and the best prices.  I priced Webb drums a couple of days ago at our local Utility Trailer dealer and they were $150.00 each. "

Here's the thread.....  https://www.monacoers.org/topic/5025-parts-dealers/#comment-47235

Edited by Ray Davis

• 6 months later...

Ronnie did you get the parts you needed. If so, do you have the part numbers. I need to new rear shoes and drum per a shop here in N. Texas but I’m tired of waiting on them to do it. I have another guy that will do the work I just need to find the parts. TIA

• Like 1

ThamksRonnie did you get the parts you needed. If so, do you have the part numbers. I need to new rear shoes and drum per a shop here in N. Texas but I’m tired of waiting on them to do it. I have another guy that will do the work I just need to find the parts. TIA

Think this has been covered before.  Check the ID tag on the axle (Rockwell/Meritor or Eaton/Dana).  Both shipped "dressed axles" (complete with wheel ends/brakes/slacks/etc) to HR/Monaco.  Contact customer support at the appropriate axle manufacturer's customer service line, provide the axle serial number and they should be able to call up all the components used to assemble that assembly.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, lake49068 said:

Think this has been covered before.  Check the ID tag on the axle (Rockwell/Meritor or Eaton/Dana).  Both shipped "dressed axles" (complete with wheel ends/brakes/slacks/etc) to HR/Monaco.  Contact customer support at the appropriate axle manufacturer's customer service line, provide the axle serial number and they should be able to call up all the components used to assemble that assembly.  

Yep. Any good truck shop can do that, or order parts from that/those tag information . When a chassis issue, ALWAYS THINK TRUCK.

• Like 1