My motorhome is an 02 dynasty. The seats were becoming very worn looking with many surface cracks in the top layer of the leather where the color layer had flaked off. I was considering having new seat covers manufactured or possibly installing new seats. After doing much research i found that the seat surfaces could be renewed.

I purchased the products i needed from a Canadian company called leathertouchupdye. Their webs site is leathertouchupdye.com. They have many videos on how to apply their products that can be found on their web site  or on u-tube.

I watched several of their videos several times before working on my seats. I followed the instructions and the seats came out looking new!

On the underside of the seats is a label that tells the color of the seats. My seat color is called oyster. I believe that is the color for many if not most monaco seats for many years.

I sent in a sample of the color to be  matched and the color matched perfectly. You can order this color using the number i received without paying a custom color fee. On their order site when it asks for color choose color is on file then at checkout in the notes field type in the number 48033. I ordered 8oz of dye so i would have extra but i only used 4oz to do the driver , passenger and recliner seat surfaces.

I mention the name of this company because i have used their products and i am thrilled with the results.

Joe Klasch 02 Dynasty

• Like 2

I’m curious too as I had new seat covers made by an ex employee of Flexsteel who bought all Flexsteel patterns from 2000 and up. She shipped to us in California at the time an had them installed also by an ex employee of Flexsteel in riverside ca.

On 2/23/2023 at 1:24 PM, Gary M said:

I’m curious too as I had new seat covers made by an ex employee of Flexsteel who bought all Flexsteel patterns from 2000 and up. She shipped to us in California at the time an had them installed also by an ex employee of Flexsteel in riverside ca.

Hi Gary, how did your seats turn out?

Have any contact info for the ex employees?

3 hours ago, Corkman said:

Hi Gary, how did your seats turn out?

Have any contact info for the ex employees?

https://bauerrvupholstery.com/

Lisa has the name of the installer if you go that route. He is in Riverside , California .

6A501DA3-E174-466D-A69F-148084611F00.jpeg

CD948F48-80DF-4875-82E9-694E7CEE5391.jpeg

63D43A31-2868-4120-A462-77DBBBAFFEE5.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Our motorhome storage building has been snowed in so i have not been able to get there to take pictures of my renewed seats, to post.

If you go to the product web site  https://www.leathertouchupdye.com   on their home page on the right side of the page click on the' watch us on you tube banner'. The page that comes up has videos of how to renew leather seats. The fifth row down on the right has a video titled "Automotive Leather Repair on a Bolster". The seat shown in that video is very similar to the condition of the seats in my motorhome before i applied the products and the renewed results are what i have with mine.

I will post some pictures of my seats when i am able.

Joe Klasch

The pictures on the camera are very good with sharp uniform color. I do not know why the colors of the pictures on the post are different from the camera . I am not very knowledgeable about computers. If someone can tell me how to delete these pictures and the best procedure to post pictures i will try again.

Joe Klasch

Guest Ray Davis
7 hours ago, highsierra37@att.net said:

If someone can tell me how to delete these pictures and the best procedure to post pictures i will try again.

Joe Klasch

One of the moderators can probably delete them for you.   There seems to be a limited time that we can edit or delete.

7 hours ago, highsierra37@att.net said:

The pictures on the camera are very good with sharp uniform color. I do not know why the colors of the pictures on the post are different from the camera . I am not very knowledgeable about computers. If someone can tell me how to delete these pictures and the best procedure to post pictures i will try again.

Joe Klasch

I would not sweat the colors.  If you looked at the pictures on your PC and the color is uniform....then that is what will be transmitted or uploaded.  Looking at the small panel on the back of the camera usually does not give "true" color rendition.  Exposure errors will show up. But, unless you upload first to your PC and then check for color and contrast, that is the only realistic check. I have been using Digital cameras since 2006 or so. Maybe shot over 5000 images. The color in the pictures looks like what I get off my cellphone.  The color depends on the ambient lighting....so, if you wanted true color, you would have had to closed or blacked out all the windows and set up strobes.  Don't sweat the color....but if it does bother you, then you will have to get a photo editor such as Photoshop and then go through a multi step process to get the colors to match your "tastes".  They look fine to me....

Look at SEM products, I just did my airplane seats and they look new, easy to use rattle cans lots of colors to choose from. 

Or find the guys that car dealers use to recondition seats, 

20 hours ago, strangebird said:

Look at SEM products, I just did my airplane seats and they look new, easy to use rattle cans lots of colors to choose from. 

Or find the guys that car dealers use to recondition seats, 

I see stuff for vinyl, nothing for leather. Am I missing something?