Tire date curiosity

Ivan K
Go to solution Solved by Scotty Hutto,

Today I got delivery of 6 Toyos ordered last week. Immediately I checked the dates before accepting them and realized that at the time of purchase, they were made in the future, 03/23. Made in Japan and shipped from CA last week, still in February. No doubt there they are fresh but shows how trustworthy the dates are.

Screenshot_20230302_173432_Gallery.jpg

13 minutes ago, Scotty Hutto said:

That date code indicates the 3rd week of 2023, not the third month. 😉

Oops, that's right, totally forgot that's a week, so all good. I got too excited seeing this year's date. I never bought big tires from Amazon and was quite a bit suspicious because of the price and free delivery but it worked out. And they were made unavailable the next day eventhough they showed 14 available when I bought them.

Edited by Ivan K

Not sure what to think about the tire age issue and using a fixed expiration for all conditions. A friend of mine is looking for new tires for a 60s muscle car . He was told that the date did not matter on limited run repro tires because they were wrapped and protected from sunlight. I want to buy some repro tires for my classic Monaco next time.

HA!

I've got a matched set of mounted 1996 Dodge Ram tires (should work on most Monaco's, just stand clear while inflating to 150psi), sitting in my garage, always out of the sun, I could give you a deal on 😂!!

Edited by 96 EVO

36 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

HA!

I've got a matched set of mounted 1996 Dodge Ram tires (should work on most Monaco's, just stand clear while inflating to 150psi), sitting in my garage, always out of the sun, I could give you a deal on 😂!!

Bumpy ride like this? Don't even need TPMS to know...

Screenshot_20230302_212105_Facebook.jpg

• Haha 1