Thomas air compressor?

Brandon

The Thomas pump is the quietest around.  They are used in dentist offices.  

You can get a very nice used one for $210 or a rebuild kit for $95.  

Thomas 405ADC38/12 Piston Air Compressor, 1/10Hp,12Vdcv,10Amp. 4 Robot Building! 94700357458 | eBay

NEW THOMAS 405ADC38/12 Service KIT Piston CUP Only 614421-B 215ADC38/12 405AA38 994140943047 | eBay

Or, you can replace it with a Viair but they are noisy.  

IG-Series Compressors | VIAIR Corporation

I replaced mine with a Valid Continuous Duty high volume unit, will last longer then I do. I can barely hear it run and it only stays on for 20-60 seconds unless the coach is on bad side slope. Seems to use more air side to side then front to back.

Viair does have a quiet series model, it is lass than half as loud as the regular series models, I can only hear mine if I sit outside near the rear tires, has a very quiet humming sound and has an external line with foam filter on the inlet side that can be tucked up into chassis to also cut down noise.

1 hour ago, Dads Dog House said:

Viair does have a quiet series model, it is lass than half as loud as the regular series models, I can only hear mine if I sit outside near the rear tires, has a very quiet humming sound and has an external line with foam filter on the inlet side that can be tucked up into chassis to also cut down noise.

Do you have a model number?

I replaced my Thomas with another Thomas I found on eBay for less than half the price. The Thomas compressors don’t seem to be very water resistant and dirt resistant. My old one had dirt caked all inside the motor brushes that caused it to fail. When I put the new one on I got some breathable foam and basically incased it to keep the dust and dirt out. Some others on the site have built a box to protect it or even moved it to a different location. Mine has been working fine for over a year. I just recently had a bunch of air bags replaced that were slowly leaking but prior to that the compressor came on a lot keeping the coach level and has worked great. 

Edited by Georgia Mike

• 5 months later...

I rebuilt the thomas compressor on our 99 windsor and moved it from behind the front axle into the drivers side electrical box mounted it right beside the washer reservoir re plumbed the air lines it has no quit in 8 years now

• 4 weeks later...

My winter project this coming winter is to remove the HWH compressor system from in front of the rear axle, clean it, rebuild what needs attention then relocate it on the other side of the bay wall in-between the Aqua-Hot and Glendinning Power Cable Accumulator. Once there, it will be in a much easier and accessible location for any maintenance it may need in the future.

On 3/6/2023 at 9:33 PM, vito.a said:

The Thomas pump is the quietest around.  They are used in dentist offices.  

You can get a very nice used one for $210 or a rebuild kit for $95.  

Thomas 405ADC38/12 Piston Air Compressor, 1/10Hp,12Vdcv,10Amp. 4 Robot Building! 94700357458 | eBay

NEW THOMAS 405ADC38/12 Service KIT Piston CUP Only 614421-B 215ADC38/12 405AA38 994140943047 | eBay

That rebuild kit that you referenced above is only for the piston cup.

An actual rebuild kit is $240  https://tinyurl.com/bdzdpn3d

A new pump these days is over $400  https://tinyurl.com/mr38pdxf

10 hours ago, Michael Powell said:

This is what I did and very happy with it...My Fass fuel filters are very East to get to and swing out no mess spillage and makes servicing air compressor very easy including access to the fuse..

That is exactly where I relocated the HWH Air Compressor in my previous 02 Windsor. Photo attached.

Since the HWH in the 06 Dynasty is located WAY back in the rear of the coach just in front of the rear drive axle, it makes more sense to relocate  to a convenient place in the bay next to where it presently sits.

8 hours ago, Old Dog said:

Might I suggest a auto drain water separator as part of your install. If you spend any time in high humidity areas it will drastically increase the life of your pressure switch etc.

The HWH Thomas Air Compressor already comes with a water separator included. You can see the spitter valve at the bottom of the water separator bowl.

IMG_1753.JPG

Edited by Dr4Film