2008 Monaco Cayman XL - Jacks Warning Light

If your Cayman has a rear radiator like my Knight then the reservoir may be on the left side behind the access panel with the special barrel key lock.  Open that and then open the air conditioner coils using the same key and swing both out of the way and you should see the reservoir. I would check your owner's manual to determine what kinds of fluid are acceptable.  It will probably list a couple that are suitable.  Searching other threads will also give some clues by color of the fluid. 

Let us know if the fluid solves the problem...

16783811104125887559995072279190.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stephen Walsh said:

Location to add fluid? And what type of fluid?

Stephen,

Follow the hydraulic lines to find the landing gear reservoir.  There are typically two reserviors on most coaches:  The hydraulic steering reservoir and the hydraulic jack reservoir.  The hydraulic jack reservoir uses ATF (automatic transmission fluid).  Once you fill the reservoir, cycle your landing gear ~3 times then check the level again.  Then, inspect each jack to insure it is fully retracted.  If you find a jack that is not fully retracted, there are two types of jacks that require different repair actions:

- Jack with external (visible) springs: Replace the external springs if the jack does not fully retract

- Jack with internal (non-visible) springs: Replace the entire jack if the jack does not fully retract

12 hours ago, Stephen Walsh said:

Location to add fluid? And what type of fluid?

Hi Stephen,

In my 2006 Cayman 37 PBD, the reservoir for the hydraulic jacks is located in the generator access on the passenger side.  It is attached to the pump and valve assembly.  I use Dexron III in mine.  Mine drove me nuts on a return trip from New Mexico and Colorado last year.  I stopped and added fluid up to the "mark" on the dipstick (attached to cap).  The line on the dipstick looked like someone scratched it into the dipstick.  It continued beeping on and off until I got tired of it and just pulled the fuse.  When I got home, I couldn't find a reason for the beeping, so I just added more fluid, and it stopped beeping.

Carey

• Scotty Hutto changed the title to 2008 Monaco Cayman XL - Jacks Warning Light
On 3/9/2023 at 7:36 AM, ncsteve said:

Check your fluid level in the reservoir. This is the cause most of the time. The fluid movement during driving causes this if low. 

I see the hydraulic reservoir in the back passenger side compartment with the oil and transmission dipsticks. It looks like it takes 10-40 motor oil. The hydraulic jack reservoir calls for Dextron transmission fluid. I lifted the top stair cover, there was screwed in plywood. I looked by the radiator, didn’t see anything there. There’s a drawing of it in the manual but not a schematic of where it is. Does anyone know where to find it?

On mine it is in the front generator compartment, to the left of the generator. There is a plastic cap on top that screws off so you can add fluid. It should pretty obvious as there are hydraulic lines attached to the solenoids if it is there.

Can you post that whole pic?  You may have to remove the screws at the bottom of the panel covering it and swing it upwards to gain access if it doesn't have a door like mentioned above.  Pics of your coach in that area may help. 

I found the reservoir behind the driver side rear wheels  in between the power cord bay. Opened it with the round key (two doors). When we get back home I’ll try to pull the dipstick. I tried to unscrew it but it just kept turning. Don’t want to force and break it while on the road. Will look at it at home.

• Like 1