2005 Monaco Executive - Feed Back is it worth the buy..

My last slow leaking tire was due to a leaking o ring in a valve extender.  Check those closely if you have them. 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 12:26 PM, Dennis H said:

Absolutely get that tire taken care of immediately. Until you know why it's leaking, it's an accident waiting to happen. I've had two blowouts. The first one did no damage other than to my nerves and that of my DW. The second took out a bunch of wiring and the hose to the driver's side rear slide. After waiting 3 hours for the replacement tire, I had to drive almost 100 miles with the rear slide out to get it fixed. Don't take a chance. Get it fixed.....Dennis

That's why you never drive without the mechanical locks on the slide.
Never depend on hydraulics to hold the slide in position.  They're not designed to do that, and even slow leaks can allow the slide to extend.
Imagine that happening as you meet someone on a motorcycle.  It could get deadly real fast.

4 minutes ago, dl_racing427 said:

Never depend on hydraulics to hold the slide in position.  They're not designed to do that, and even slow leaks can allow the slide to extend.
Imagine that happening as you meet someone on a motorcycle.  It could get deadly real fast.

The rear slides don't have mechanical locks, only the large front ones....Dennis

6 hours ago, Steven P said:

My last slow leaking tire was due to a leaking o ring in a valve extender.  Check those closely if you have them. 

Yep going to get this checked when i pick it up next. Having the sleeper couch re covered.  That is likely my next stop to the tire shop. I have one here that did my initial tire inspection. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dennis H said:

The rear slides don't have mechanical locks, only the large front ones....Dennis

Is it hydraulic or electric? 
I can see the electric ones being able to hold in place, as a worm gear can't generally be driven from the output shaft.
If hydraulic, I suspect there is a place to install manual locking bars as used on many lower end coach main slides.
It's likely a previous owner didn't use them, or pass them along to a new owner.
It's very common for people to take shortcuts, especially when they see something as redundant.

Edited by dl_racing427

Your Exec is equipped with the HWH hydraulic slide outs. The drivers side slide out has mechanical latches only. They are mounted on the each end of the slide outside and as Paul and Chargerman Stated are to lock the top of the slide in when the slide is retracted.. All the rest of the slides do not have manual locks and did not come with them. The HWH slide outs are held in the retracted and extended position with 1300 -1500psi Hydraulic pressure.

Per HWH when you extend/retract the slide out there is a hydraulic pressure switch that will open when the slide out reaches its full travel to open the solenoid to keep from over pressurizing the system and when you release the the extend/retract switch the pressure switch closes the solenoid to hold the pressure to lock the slide out in or out.

We have members that have an issue of slide out creep which is a common occurrence because in the majority of cases the solenoid pin seat has got contaminated. HWH recommends that when you extend or retract the slides that you hold the switch on for about 10-15 seconds longer after the slide out stops moving to help keep the solenoids clean.

Edited by David Pratt
Correction
  • Like 3

The “slide locks” on the drivers side flat floor slide are actually not locks.  They are there to assure that the top of this slide is pulled in tight when closed. The design of this slide allowed the slide to rock if not fully open or closed. They needed to design it this way to allow it to float down when deploying. If you loose hydraulic pressure on this or any other hydraulic slide it will have the potential of creeping out. The other slides utilize an X brace design which keeps the top and bottom solidly aligned so this mechanism is not required 

Edited by Chargerman
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, dl_racing427 said:

That is a LATCH, not a LOCK

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2023 at 5:14 AM, Steven P said:

So my slow leaking tire on the inside. Was the O Ring on the valve it self. Took it to the tire shop. And the smallest Kid ended up doing the work. When i released i needed to air up the bags for him to get the tire out of the wheel well it went smooth. 

Check the tread and what i could see while it was opened up. Little guy popped that bead on that thing and got her all back together. 

Went inside to pay for the service. $46 dollars. I was shocked and felt like it was cheap and at the end of closing. Gave the kid a tip hope he had a good dinner or beer afterwards. 

• Like 4