Hello everyone,

I have a weird issue that may be no issue at all. My 400 ISL has zero power until it hits 35mph then bammmm. The odd part is after you turn it off and back on a time or two the power is back. I got it to operating temp just to be sure it wasn’t a built in safety but it still did the same thing. All filters are brand new and yes it did the same with the old filters. One other thing I noticed was Aladdin read like 6 psi and the dash gauge was around 28.  Thoughts? 

Edited by JeffM31

22 minutes ago, JeffM31 said:

one other thing I noticed was Aladdin read like 6 psi and the dash gauge was around 28.  Thoughts? 

I don't have your engine or Aladdin but here is what I see as a potential problem. My dash gauge has a air line to intake manifold reading the boost. ECM is using an electronic boost sensor. You appear to have a BIG mismatch that makes me suspect your sensor. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

I don't have your engine or Aladdin but here is what I see as a potential problem. My dash gauge has a air line to intake manifold reading the boost. ECM is using an electronic boost sensor. You appear to have a BIG mismatch that makes me suspect your sensor. 

100%

I would agree with a sensor or a leak somewhere, but strange that the ECM isn’t picking this up and turning on a warning light. Have you hooked up a code reader by chance?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BradHend said:

I would agree with a sensor or a leak somewhere, but strange that the ECM isn’t picking this up and turning on a warning light. Have you hooked up a code reader by chance?

No I haven't. Yep no check engine or anything on 

2 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Does your Aladdin remain showing 6psi boost for a long time after your dash boost gauge goes to 28psi?

I find my Aladdin a little slow to respond changes.

Yes it’s super slow. 

1 hour ago, 96 EVO said:

I also have a Scan Gauge, and while idling the engine, can see the coolant temp increase by about 5F before the Aladdin reports  any increase.

I need to get a Scan Gauge 

5 minutes ago, BradHend said:

Spewing out any soot at all?

Nope small normal puffs here and there. 

I had a similar issue. When I step on the throttle/foot pedal, It would not hardly respond until I got moving a little and then whamo, it takes off. I see yours wont respond properly until you get more speed. Not sure if its the same issue but mine was my throttle,,, its a Throttle Position Sensor fault,,,TPS. The footfeed is electronic,, I replaced it and all is well. Best of luck.

40 minutes ago, Greg Coffey said:

I had a similar issue. When I step on the throttle/foot pedal, It would not hardly respond until I got moving a little and then whamo, it takes off. I see yours wont respond properly until you get more speed. Not sure if its the same issue but mine was my throttle,,, its a Throttle Position Sensor fault,,,TPS. The footfeed is electronic,, I replaced it and all is well. Best of luck.

Thank you 

I have the same engine, and the same year.

I took my turbo off this winter to have it looks over.  My variable vane was very sticky.   

I would suggest calling Fair Valley Performance in Sauk City, WI.  608-643-0200.  They will be happy to ck it over for you.  That is not a cheap turbo, so having yours run through the shop would be a good thing. 

I run Cen-Pe-Co Diesel Max fuel additive all the time as well now and you will pick up a very small amount of HP and fuel mileage.   But more importantly will lube the pintel in the injectior  and have a cleaner burn and less carbon to make the vane stick.   

2005 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV.