UPDATE - Bay lights not working - Possible CCM MPX system issues.

JTerry

None of my bay lights are working and the motorized bay slide is not working. I have searched for the fuse but have been unable to find it. Anyone have any idea where the fuse is located?

2009 Monaco Dynasty Yorkshire

Jay,

as a matter of information, you have (high probability) the Kongsberg Chassis Control Module system.  We have pictures here.  Put in KONGSBERG in the top right search box.  Then click on EVERYWHERE…a drop down menu will appear.  suggest that you choose TOPICS.  Read them.  The Kongsberg CCM is unique and if damaged or let an unknowing tech damage it…BIG TIME…that is almost the end of the Motor Home.  You need to read the topics to fulky understand and comprehend.

I suspect that you have a large bank of switches…two side by side and a LOT of them.  If you have that, upfront in the bay (Front Run Bay), FEB,  the CCM.  If the bay lights are in that bank…then there may be a problem.  However there are FUSES for each individual circuit .  Read your manual and look in the front,  If you see two BIG boxes, Silver and says CCM…that’s it.  If you see a conglomeration or a bunch of smaller printed circuit boards…the. You have the older style…or the Intellitec boards.  There are maybe 5 or 6…they have all sorts of buttons and LED’s and such and there are fuses on them.

You need to download the prints for the 2009 Dynasty.  Put WIRING in the search box and select Files from the drop down.  Pretty sure we have the 09 Dynasty’s in the the files.

31 minutes ago, JTerry said:

Thank you Tom. I have the Intellitec board.

To confirm….you do not have this….i get so many of the various systems mixed up.  The Intellitec board look like a “nightmare” of stuck on boards with all the LED’s and Buttons and such.  Frank published this….it is BLACK…but easily identifiable.  The second file has the CCM info.

IF that is the case, you probably need to download the 2008 Dynasty prints.  They have it all.  I have spent a lot of timd there when Frank was tied up.  There is a FRB overview….and a rear run bay overview.  I know…a local tech called me and I looked them up.  Look at them.  Read carefully, board by board….and that willlocate the board with the bay lights.  I think your manual, assuming you got the NON CCM will tell you how to test as well as the fuses…if your manual is the wrong 2009, download the REAL one from Momaco (google Monaco Coach Manuals).  Go to the REAL Monaco site… BOGO…the 2008 NON CCM are here.  Download the entire set

6 hours ago, philcarrell said:

I have a bay light switch inside front door looking in on left side, yours could be there

Like Phil basement light switch for our 2005 Safari Cheetah is located on the passenger arm rest under the window. If the switch doesn't solve your problem check the motor electrical connection for the slide motor. This may be like mine and available to access in the passenger first bay. I had a similar issue and it turned out the electrical connection was damaged when I slid in a folding chair and the clasp was broken. Easy fix.

We have the same coach.  Mine is an August 2008 build.  You most likely have a Kongsburg system. 

As Tom mentioned, be careful working on this system.  There is a tremendous amount of information on this forum regarding the Kongsberg system.  NEVER let anyone work on it that is not intimately familiar with this system.  

I've had an issue with my bay lights in the past, however it did not affect the power to the one power slide (factory install) on my coach. It is on a separate circuit.    

Are you having issues with any other dash switches?  My issue was related to one of the power wires coming off the salesman solenoid in the rear of the coach. #10 on the attached diagram.   It did affect several other dash switches.  

Please see the attached.  Check VCF-7-10

Vehicle Cabin PCB-1.pdf

Thanks Bob for your help. We just purchased this coach about 1 1/2 months ago and all I have done since getting it is discovering problems. This salesman solenoid, is it in the closet in the rear where the fuse panel is located?

Yes, inside the black panel, right side engine compartment.  The fuses I showed you are in the front compartment, under driver.  Check everything there. 

Welcome to the club, you will be chasing little issues all the time.   Part of the “joy” of ownership.  

132571.jpeg.3c2f19100a5700e33ae7d4859a94

Salesman switch solenoid looks like this. 

Bob, thank you for the photo. I see you also have a 2009 Dynasty Yorkshire. Does your's have the Kongsburg system? If so since the system is discontinued how do we get repairs going forward?

I am thankful I discovered this forum. Many of my questions have been answered already. 

On 8/8/2023 at 2:06 PM, JTerry said:

Bob, thank you for the photo. I see you also have a 2009 Dynasty Yorkshire. Does your's have the Kongsburg system? If so since the system is discontinued how do we get repairs going forward?

I am thankful I discovered this forum. Many of my questions have been answered already. 

This thread is causing quite a bit or confusion and offline comments and questions.  Jay will be contacted by phone to clear up some things and then unlocked so we can proceed with a good path.

FWIW...The 08 Execs and Dynasties were totally different.  Jay has an O9, which should be the CCM.  Until that is verified...it is futile to post further.  This will be removed once this is sorted out.

Thanks.

MODERATOR's UPDATE 8/10/23...

The issues are starting to be resolved.  After contacting Jay, he then called @Frank McElroy Therefore, based on the following, the topic is NOW OPEN. 

Jay DOES have a CCM or Chassis Multiplex coach, as we thought.  It appears, as quite often happens, that the PO did some "electrical" modifications.  It will take time, offline, to get them resolved, and hopefully back to the OEM configuration.  THEN whether or not the bay lights are a CCM or something simple, we will find out.

Jay also has a Wiper issue and now has a link and instructions for that fix...which also does, on the CCM units, impact the VIP wheel and the Cruise.  That should be an easy fix.

Therefore, this thread will remain open rather than combining it with the "ONGOING" CCM Repairs Topic.  However, I am posting a link to that thread for folks interested or having issues that might be CCM related.  Please use, if possible, as we want to keep the CCM issues and repairs in as few topics as we can for easy search and access.

Edited by Tom Cherry
Reopened Topic after clarification of the problem - CCM issues

• Tom Cherry changed the title to UPDATE - Bay lights not working - Possible CCM MPX system issues.
  • Tom Cherry unlocked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

I am still trying to track down the problem with the bay lights not working. I downloaded and printed the wiring diagram and it shows there is a 10 amp fuse in the rear run bay for the bay lights. I looked there and could not find a fuse for the bay lights. Anyone have any idea if there is actually a fuse in the circuit.

Jay, you have a chassis multiplex coach.  As mentioned in our offline discussion, there are NO bay light fuses.  Current to bay lights is regulated by MOSFETS in the rear CCM. If there is a short, the MOSFET will shut of power. The rear CCM is located in the ceiling of the first bay behind the steer axle.  Either there is a short, or one of the connectors are open or both MOSFETs have failed.  The switch lights up so likely not the multiplex switch.

Here is a screenshot of the circuit.

Screenshot_20230828-203026.png

• Thanks 1

Jay, Frank is the CCM expert, listen to his advice. 

My experience included several other functions, in addition to the bay lights, not working.  All of these functions were controlled by the dash and entry step switches. They included the overhead cockpit lights, porch lights, engine heater switched outlet in engine bay, overhead fan, video monitor and dash radio.

My issue was related to the power from the fused circuit on the salesman switch solenoid that feeds into a terminal (#10) on the front run bay fuse/relay board and to the CCM.   This circuit provided power to the VCF-8 fuse, which supplied power to a circuit in the CCM.  Restoring the power fixed my issues. 

Are you having any other issues with dash or step switches?

Bob makes a good point.  Although you mentioned that all the other dash switches work including the other two switches on the same module as the bay light switch, please confirm that you see a green LED labeled VCF SW HSE lit on the large PCB in the front run bay (FRB).  This LED is just to the left of the upper right connector.  Since all other dash switches work, I suspect that it is lit but I want to verify that it is.  

image.thumb.png.40f979f5fc3a42761b131153303b786d.png

1 hour ago, LakeBob said:

Jay, Frank is the CCM expert, listen to his advice. 

My experience included several other functions, in addition to the bay lights, not working.  All of these functions were controlled by the dash and entry step switches. They included the overhead cockpit lights, porch lights, engine heater switched outlet in engine bay, overhead fan, video monitor and dash radio.

My issue was related to the power from the fused circuit on the salesman switch solenoid that feeds into a terminal (#10) on the front run bay fuse/relay board and to the CCM.   This circuit provided power to the VCF-8 fuse, which supplied power to a circuit in the CCM.  Restoring the power fixed my issues. 

Are you having any other issues with dash or step switches?

Bob - Just for clarification, fuse VCF-8 is actually feeding a 12 volt signal to the CCM modules to wake them up from sleep mode.  When in sleep mode it is in a reduced power state.  Actual power going to the CCM is fed from the large cable coming from the house batteries but in sleep mode power doesn't feed out from the CCM.  When the salesman switch latching relay disconnects power to the coach it also puts the CCM into sleep mode and most dash switches won't work.  The CCM is still getting full battery power unless the house battery cut-off switch is turned to the OFF position.

Frank, I checked and the Green LED labeled VCF SW HSE in the FRB is on. As for switches, there are switches just to the left as you enter the door. These are: Porch (not working) Handle/step lights-works, Bay lights switch lights but bay lights don't work, Battery cut off- switch lights but I'm not sure what it does, Ceiling lights-works, External TV-haven't tried yet.

Battery cut off switch is what some refer to as the "Salesman" switch!

RV salesmen often use it when exiting an RV after showing it to potential customers, rather than going switchplate to switchplate turning off all the lights.

Edited by 96 EVO

3 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Battery cut off switch is what some refer to as the "Salesman" switch!

RV salesmen often use it when exiting an RV after showing it to potential customers, rather than going switchplate to switchplate turning off all the lights.

Ben is correct….  However, cutting power on and off from it is not recommended.  Your HOUSE Intellitec MPX is also powered by it.  Each time you “kill” or switch off power, then when you turn power back on, your HOUSE MPX CPU totally reboots.  The Intellitec CPU, my belief, was never intended to be repeatedly switched on & off.

Many Dynasty (& up) owners have bypassed or removed that function.  Others choose to leave it “as is”, but never turn off power unless the CPU gets into a funk and you loose certain circuits or key pads don’t illuminate or are “out to lunch”.  Then they will turn it off….wait a few minutes or longer for all the electronic gremlins to disappear or “dissipate” or discharge….then turn it on and let the CPU do a clean reboot and startup.

That is the only useful and practical function of the switch and feature…

5 hours ago, JTerry said:

Frank, I checked and the Green LED labeled VCF SW HSE in the FRB is on. As for switches, there are switches just to the left as you enter the door. These are: Porch (not working) Handle/step lights-works, Bay lights switch lights but bay lights don't work, Battery cut off- switch lights but I'm not sure what it does, Ceiling lights-works, External TV-haven't tried yet.

On your coach for the battery cut-off switch to work you must press and hold the switch for more than 3 seconds.  This will then shut off house battery power to the coach.  To turn it back on, press once.