2006 Exec. No water pressure. Help requested

Jenny Woods

When I can’t attach water hose and want to use the water in the holding tank,  I turn the pump on and I see water coming out of the water line but very little  out of the taps. If I do it it is going to drain my tank outside. Any ideas? Thank you all!

How long have you owned this rv? Do you have a selector lever to switch from shoreline water to tank fill? Could be in wrong position or partly wrong. That is, not fully turned. 

If I understand, water is coming out the "inlet" where you would connect a garden hose to fill or provide water from shoreline?

Having weak pressure inside and having water go outside indicates a selector valve or perhaps a ball check valve. I have had to replace both items over the years. 

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2006 Exec. No water pressure. Help requested
13 hours ago, Jenny Woods said:

Thank you! I will get a plug for the end of the hose and see what happens!

a "plug" will be temporary.  If you don't have time or such to have or replace the check valve, and I agree with Richard, then here is a fix that will work and you can still use your hose when you are planning to use Shore.  You also need a "Washing Machine" screen washer on the valve to protect the inside of your system.

There is ONE MORE thing to try....and it has worked for many and is a good thing to do once a year or so.  Hook up to a good water source.  I would advise going to Home Depot or Lowes or Ace and getting a small pack of 2 or 3 Washing Machine screen washers.  Put one in.  THEN, with full pressure from your source, cycle ON and OFF the city water fill valve.  That MIGHT clear the debris and "unstick" the check valve.

You have more of a complex water system than most.  Your 2006 Exec came with a Manabloc system and a water filter(s). I would remove the filter(s) element...don't know if you have ONE or TWO.  Then I would also cycle the fill/city valve to make sure there was no blockage there. 

Try your system after that.  There is a good section in your Manual to read under the WATER systems.  You can individually drain each device and also check for pressure there.  BUT, for the Interim....order this.  It will get you FULL flow when on the CG water.  Once you have the system back to normal, then you remove this valve.  You will need a small plastic plug with a "tether".  Use a zip tie and ALWAYS put it on the Hose when NOT hooked up.  That keeps bugs out.  You can then get a small 36" garden hose extension and hook it up, with teflon tape of plumbers "dope" to your backwash...with a screen washer inside.  Then you put the valve on the end of that extension and backflushing is much easier as you can turn on and off the backflush...I doubt you have a valve on that.  Really easy.

That's it.  Good Luck.

I assume you have your manual, but in case...here is a link to down load one.  I would ALSO, DEFINITELY, download the sales brochure.  It is like a BIBLE of what came on the Exec....just choose the year (2006) and the model (Exec) for both...

https://www.monacocoach.com/service-and-repairs/

Here is the link to the Amazon site for the shut off valve you need.

https://www.amazon.com/HQMPC-Super-Heavy-Garden-Connector/dp/B078RHDWZY/ref=asc_df_B078RHDWZY/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=242015693684&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9931002389627058396&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9060439&hvtargid=pla-480193841197&th=1