Very complimentary review of 2009 Camelot

Right afterwards.  Most of the oldtimers, due to seniority, were still employed.  One, no offense, does not want, unless obsessively compulsively possessed with chasing problems where the manufacturing mantra as “keep it moving….never test…it HAS TO START”.  There was a shortage of essentials when Navistar took over and the assemblers were new and it was “make it fit”.  Now, that was told to me by a HR GM & his chief tech.  The tech spent 2 weeks shaking down the GM’s 2010 Imperial.  Some of the components were hold over 6 VDC but put in.  Ordinarily, the tech would get a new unit ready for delivery in 3 - 4 days….

Then, every month, a failure….3 or so days….

I have no regrets for my “better to be lucky” New Camelot purchase.  Many of the 07 serious things were corrected in 08.

Monaco shutdown circa April 09.  All stranded units were titled as 2010….  I know several present and former members with 09’s and all were pleased. Mine was a August 08 build.

2 hours ago, JDCrow said:

Just watched that last night. Coach was in good shape. It's an 09 though........... When things started to unravel for Monaco. 

2009 year model but manufacturer date was 2008

1 minute ago, JDCrow said:

Yep I watched the video last night

Ditto. I wish James would be a member of this forum, because he has a vast wealth of knowledge he could contribute, added to the fact that he owns a 2001 Beaver Patriot Thunder.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FLynes said:

Ditto. I wish James would be a member of this forum, because he has a vast wealth of knowledge he could contribute, added to the fact that he owns a 2001 Beaver Patriot Thunder.

I think he could make a lot of money doing a master class type of set up. I’d pay to learn how to do some of this stuff 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

I think he could make a lot of money doing a master class type of set up. I’d pay to learn how to do some of this stuff 

He’d probably be too busy, seeing as how he seems to always be redoing Winnebago roofs. 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FLynes said:

He’d probably be too busy, seeing as how he seems to always be redoing Winnebago roofs. 😂😂😂

Exactly! He’s kinda at that point where he really could hire a crew to do the work and someone video and edit his stuff. He has such a good reputation and knowledge/skill set 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jdw12345 said:

The rear cap on that one looked like it had been buffed, just curious what happened there! Buffing black is tough to get it correctly done! Nice inspection, looks like the previous owners left in a hurry!

Looks like it's a repo.

• Like 2

Video made me really happy about my slides and roof on my 2007 in comparison to that one.

I've watched a lot of his videos and he always scares me, think he's going to fall off the roof at any time.

Also I'm sure it has ac drains, they're probably clogged.

Edited by FishAR

Guest Ray Davis
38 minutes ago, FishAR said:

scares me, think he's going to fall off the roof at any time.

I noticed that too,  I'm apt to be crawling when near the edge.

48 minutes ago, FishAR said:

Video made me really happy about my slides and roof on my 2007 in comparison to that one.

I've watched a lot of his videos and he always scares me, think he's going to fall off the roof at any time.

Also I'm sure it has ac drains, they're probably clogged.

I thought the same thing about the drains. I’m surprised he didn’t check for them. Clogged AC drains is pretty common. 

Mine is titled as a 2009, but the inside sticker shows a build date of Jan 2008.   I must admit (brag?) that the interior quality is significantly higher quality that a lot of newer dps I've seen from various manufacturers.    

The CDO part of me cringed at the mess inside, but doubt the repo angle.   It's in AZ with OH plates.