MORPHED TOPIC. 2001 Executive - Fuse locations? Shade won't work? Steps messed up? Headlight issues? Taillight issues? MULTIPLE TOPICS being discussed and CONFUSING

terboggs
Go to solution Solved by Ivan K,

i have a moroco Exec 2001 , i found the fuse panel on the right side below the passenger side. Is there one under the dash where the petal are, i have not seen it but told it might be there. Are there other places for fuses to be hinding

On mine, there are fuses in the front run bay, while there, there is a placard glued to the inside of the door panel that lists hidden fuses and locations of most of the electronics. Then there is a fuse panel in the rear run bay on the passenger side of the engine bay. Then there is a fuse panel in the rear closet behind and next to the breaker panel cabinet. There are also fuses under the driver's and passenger side arm rests. Finally, the radio, air levelers, Aladdin and Vorad all have their own fuses in line behind the dash panel.  For the passenger shade, it's most likely the ground that's faulty. I had the same issue and ran a separate wire for ground to get it working again. A test light will tell you if it's power or ground at fault. The step is controlled by magnets in the door, Clean the contacts with alcohol, (not Jim Beam) the other kind. Often it's the switch that needs cleaning as well. Remove it and make sure all the connections are clean and tight....Dennis

here is a placard glued to the inside of the door panel  Do i have to take anything off to find it or yours was open glued to the door.  For the passenger shade, it's most likely the ground that's faulty. I had the same issue and ran a separate wire for ground to get it working again. " How did you find  the wires? mine goes up into the wooden shelf above it and i cannot get to the wires, is there a way to get to it?

On 11/15/2023 at 1:07 PM, terboggs said:

here is a placard glued to the inside of the door panel  Do i have to take anything off to find it or yours was open glued to the door.  For the passenger shade, it's most likely the ground that's faulty. I had the same issue and ran a separate wire for ground to get it working again. " How did you find  the wires? mine goes up into the wooden shelf above it and i cannot get to the wires, is there a way to get to it?

Here's what my coach says on the inside of the front run bay door. See pic. To access the wiring on the passenger shade, I had to remove two screws which held the cove on. From there the motor was accessible and easily jumped...Dennis

Fuse Locations.JPG

On 11/17/2023 at 4:36 PM, Paul J A said:

IF it's a faulty ground wire, just abandon it and use a new one you create. 

how do i get to the ground wire, some one said it could be the switch . Try the groud first?

part 1.jpg

part 2.jpg

where is the 12 Volt DC circuit breaker is located on the rear run plate bed room?

Start with the easy stuff first. Remove those two screws on the housing. That will expose the wiring. Use a test light to a known ground.. If it lights then ground it to the ground wire and see if it still lights. If not, then you'll have to run a new ground wire. If it does then move to your switch and connect the two hot leads and see if it now works. If it does, your switch is faulty. If both of these work then move to finding the fuse and/or relay.....do you have a 12VDC tester?....Dennis

• Tom Cherry changed the title to where are the fuses in 2001 Executive?
On 11/14/2023 at 12:07 PM, terboggs said:

i have a moroco Exec 2001 , i found the fuse panel on the right side below the passenger side. Is there one under the dash where the petal are, i have not seen it but told it might be there. Are there other places for fuses to be hinding

Do you have the original owner’s manual?  If so, then read  the two sections on the electrical (house & chassis).  If you have the original manual, the prints are in the back.  Find the print(s) that has the stuff that doesn’t work and go from there. If you don’t have the manual, google Monaco Coach Manual.  Go to the site and download youts

You are getting a lot of advice and comments from folks with motor homes that are much newer than yours.  Monaco made a lot of changes and upgrades from your 2001 to 2005….then they really changed in 2006….and you don’t have all the exotic printed circuit boards. 

Maybe the fuses and the circuits and such are the same?  Some yes, most probably not, especially from 2006 on. You need to follow the manual and locate all the fuses panel or the locations of individual fuses.

Good luck.

• Like 1

I agree with Tom. Get a set of schematics. A 20+ year old coach is gonna have problems, especially electrical.  I have the same year executive you have ....but I'm sure we have different options that we're added. Again, a set of schematics is essential to owning one of these coaches. Having a set will help you tremendously in finding small problems like you're having.

The steps not retracting.....

I could tap on the step motor with the end of a screwdriver and my steps would retract. I replaced my step motor and gear box.....works so much smoother than the original. 

Obviously you have multiple unrelated issues. Your 2001 model may be same as our 2000 in the wiring aspect. No PCBs, just fuses and relays. IF so... Our step fuse is in bedroom fuse box, labeled on its cover. Both your front shades are same as ours and share a fuse in Front Run Bay. If one of them shades works, it's not your problem.  I'd check the switch connections first (that's where the polarity reverses) and then, if good, slide the shade motor cover off to check for power there. The front and rear lights are a whole other issue with multiple possible causes depending which ones don't work. No sense changing parts until wiring is confirmed.

On 11/23/2023 at 12:05 PM, Ivan K said:

Obviously you have multiple unrelated issues. Your 2001 model may be same as our 2000 in the wiring aspect. No PCBs, just fuses and relays. IF so... Our step fuse is in bedroom fuse box, labeled on its cover. Both your front shades are same as ours and share a fuse in Front Run Bay. If one of them shades works, it's not your problem.  I'd check the switch connections first (that's where the polarity reverses) and then, if good, slide the shade motor cover off to check for power there. The front and rear lights are a whole other issue with multiple possible causes depending which ones don't work. No sense changing parts until wiring is confirmed.

check the switch connections  is that the switch on the left arm pannel

2 hours ago, terboggs said:

check the switch connections  is that the switch on the left arm pannel

The switch that operates the non-working shade. I expect it to have momentary up-off-down positions like ours and that's where the polarity is being swapped, both ground and positive leads power connect to it as well as both shade motor leads.

27 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

The switch that operates the non-working shade. I expect it to have momentary up-off-down positions like ours and that's where the polarity is being swapped, both ground and positive leads power connect to it as well as both shade motor leads.

@terboggs

There was a world of "rewiring and upgrading" that was done on the 2005, compared to the early 2000 Execs and Sigs....then they really went high tech in 2006.  There may be some carryovers in certain things, but Ivan's is much closer to yours.  I would see if he can't help you.

Ivan is that the switch on the left arm pannel where teh other switches are, and do i need a tool to replace it. how do it test if if so , is there a video?

I'd check the switch connections first (that's where the polarity reverses) how do i check them . and does it take a special tool to remove the switch to do so/

• Solution

Terrence,  my switch for passenger shade is in passengers side panel but it could be anywhere in reach, I can't tell where yours is. The switch connections are only accessible from under the panel so you'll have to lift it to remove the switch and check connections. Switch should have a couple of push tabs to press and pull it out. There are 6 pins on mine where to polarity reverses depending which way you flip the switch. The center 2 wires go to the motor and should have 12V power between them when the switch is actuated either way. If so and no movement,  you can use those 2 wires to check resistance through the motor to see if it has connectivity. Chances are that a connector slipped out of the switch but you have get to it first. And, I can only assume that the wiring is similar to mine.... here is how it is wired.

20231129_130640.jpg

• Like 1

• Tom Cherry changed the title to MORPHED TOPIC. 2001 Executive - Fuse locations? Shade won't work? Steps messed up? Headlight issues? Taillight issues? MULTIPLE TOPICS being discussed and CONFUSING
On 11/23/2023 at 12:05 PM, Ivan K said:

ok got the photo thank you

@terboggs

This topic and the title have been edited, at least twice.  The Site rules are ONE issue or "what's broke" per topic.  This is what we define as a MORPHED into madness or confusing topic. Ordinarily, we moderate and then separate and request different topics as folks have different skill sets.  Also, as you read the posts or members post....they will then jump from Headlights to Taillights or Steps or Shades.  This makes it very confusing for members to follow or for a member to search a issue or topic to get help before they start a new topic.

In this case, the Topic will remain open and members can contribute.  But, in the future, in order to get the most information from members that have your model or similar, please only list ONE issue per topic.  Multiple Topics for DIFFERENT Problems is expected....especially if one is having issue or not familiar with their MH.

Thanks for following that rule or logic in the future.

• Like 2