Fold down hot tub.

Kenster

Don't start laughing. I see people hauling motorcycles, golf carts, and ATVs on carriers attached to the back of their class a pusher. Why could you not have a fold down hot tub attachment? Granted, you could not travel with it full of water but, imagine pulling into a park, folding down and filling your hot tub and tapping into your 50 amp breaker. You would probably need adjustable jacks on the carrier but, I guarantee you would be the hit of the park. Okay, I've been married, give it to me I can take it.

• Haha 2

Kenster, do not think you are alone in thinking about this. My dear wife has been trying to talk me into dragging a portable (blow up) hot tub. Its all about finding ways to bring more of home on the road with you. lol.

1 hour ago, Ivan K said:

We spent one winter in south TX beside a guy from Nebraska with a hot tub on a trailer behind his Class C and used it every day. Nothing wrong with that.

LOL.... I assume that the individual used it in a "G for General Audiences" mode and not R or XXXX.  Could not resist....

OK...assume he covered it up when not in use.  My DW recently had a knee replacement.  Our nice interior Garden Tub, even though it is somewhat oversize, does not lend itself to her contortions and bending and moving her legs for safe and easy entrance and exit... She is asking about a Hot Tub...and we are considering upgrading the bathroom or just adding one on the deck outside...

I guess that she may want one towed behind the Yukon when we travel.  Clever idea...thanks for sharing...

12 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

LOL.... I assume that the individual used it in a "G for General Audiences" mode and not R or XXXX.  Could not resist....

OK...assume he covered it up when not in use.  My DW recently had a knee replacement.  Our nice interior Garden Tub, even though it is somewhat oversize, does not lend itself to her contortions and bending and moving her legs for safe and easy entrance and exit... She is asking about a Hot Tub...and we are considering upgrading the bathroom or just adding one on the deck outside...

I guess that she may want one towed behind the Yukon when we travel.  Clever idea...thanks for sharing...

Haha, no X rated situation at that age. Yes, he had a cover on it, in fact, I helped him to reuse my old baggage door gas struts to lift the cover on hinges easily. He had a bad back and this was his therapy. 

18 hours ago, Kenster said:

Don't start laughing. I see people hauling motorcycles, golf carts, and ATVs on carriers attached to the back of their class a pusher. Why could you not have a fold down hot tub attachment? Granted, you could not travel with it full of water but, imagine pulling into a park, folding down and filling your hot tub and tapping into your 50 amp breaker. You would probably need adjustable jacks on the carrier but, I guarantee you would be the hit of the park. Okay, I've been married, give it to me I can take it.

I have seen several full timers with inflatable hot tubes that hold 300 gallons. Watch a guy fold his up and roll it up inside a med sized suitcase. Fills it up with his Aqua Hot.  Has a 12 volt circulation pump for circulations and drain.

10 minutes ago, Chargerman said:

Crazy cost. So running the fridge would cost somewhere around $30/month. I’m guessing propane is crazy expensive out there also.  

Absorption fridge, or residential?

Think my fridge has 475W electric element.

I won't need to fill my propane tank on this trip.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2024 at 8:18 AM, 96 EVO said:

$.53 KWH

With all due respect, I think I need to call you out on that 53 cents per kwh. According to the government's websites, Hawaii currently has the highest rates at 42 cents. If I'm incorrect, please enlighten me.

Does the $0.53 include all the fees.   Seems ridiculous. 

We have a fee for the service, winter or summer surcharges, but even with that my cost have ranged from $0.115 to $0.125.   My 12 month average ending Feb was $197/month.   I live in East TN and am serviced by a local coop but the grid provider is TVA. 

17 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

I believe you. Just another reason we california.

Does the $0.53 include all the fees.   Seems ridiculous. 

We have a fee for the service, winter or summer surcharges, but even with that my cost have ranged from $0.115 to $0.125.   My 12 month average ending Feb was $197/month.   I live in East TN and am serviced by a local coop but the grid provider is TVA. 

On 2/23/2024 at 8:18 AM, 96 EVO said:

$.53 KWH

With all due respect I'm going to call you out on 53 cents a kilowatt hour.

Kenster.... I could post a pic of the bill, from the power company, but I'm not going to!

You can believe it, or, don't believe it!

Oh, the $0.529 per KWH is between 4pm & 9pm, and BEFORE the other add on fees!

Other hours of the day / night it's around $0.369 KWH.

Does the bill come directly from the supplier? My guess is that the owner has an account with them and bumps the price to the end user