What wind speed do you pull in your slides?

2008 Signature

Lovely spot in Destin Florida on the beach.... 30 mph wind gusts coming in at 10 o'clock position looking foward.   Wondering about tje slide toppers on the driverside.   Making lots of noise and shaking the coach

Agree with Peter,

I use the impact on the slide toppers to determine when to bring them in. If it's rattling too much, I bring it in on the slide or slides impacted. 

If they are flapping, I usually retract the slides until the wind dies down. It’s kind of a pain, as coach should be at full ride height before retracting, but better than replacing toppers. Hope this helps, good luck!

Yep brought the front in, back slide is protected by the neighbor.   

Brought it in, i am just a tiny bit from dead level.  Will ride heigth/level before I put it back out

1 hour ago, timaz996 said:

That's one of the reasons I converted mine to True Toppers.

Any water leaks in the corners with the true toppers? Do you have to clean the debris off the slide top before retracting? Have you seen a true topper on a full wall slide?

Thanks

I bring the awnings in with any significant wind. 

But I leave the slides out even with strong winds.  I've replaced my slide toppers with Stone Voss material and its thicker and stronger.  

• Like 1

No water leaks of any kind and they do sweep everything off the top of the slide out as it comes in. Look up true toppers on YouTube and you can see many videos and a good one by AZtech. After I watched his video and a few others including the company videos, I made an appointment to have it done and they did it over memorial day weekend last year, and I am very happy with them.

I have seen the true toppers video a few months ago.  Still working my way through more 'mission critical' items to this 'new to us' coach.

It is clear that all the awning fabric is up for replacement in the next 6-8 mos as time allows.

thanks for the reminder on true toppers.

5 hours ago, Mike Barrett said:

I have seen the true toppers video a few months ago.  Still working my way through more 'mission critical' items to this 'new to us' coach.

It is clear that all the awning fabric is up for replacement in the next 6-8 mos as time allows.

thanks for the reminder on true toppers.

You’re welcome. If you go to their website, you will see my motorhome hooked up to my pilot as I was leaving shown as a happy customer.

Edited by timaz996

Ive never brought in my slides in wind and we have had gust up to 60 mph with sustained wind at 35-40 mph. But any awnings I bring in at 15-20 except my door awning which usually stays out except in extreme wind like 40 or above

Awnings

15-20 mph.  The automatic wind control set at 22 mph. I think it’s a little high tho , I lowered mine to 18 mph

Edited by DanVickie