Interior lighting upgrade

Having gone LED in a 04 Dynasty 18 years ago… reducing the amps from 32 to 4 (all 32 ceiling lights on) you want G4 12SMD 5050 bulbs in warm white (3000 temp) or daylight (5000 temp).  Daylight wasn’t available even 10 years ago and it’s my preference today for inside. I sometimes use bright white (7000 temp) outside, but it’s too bluish for many situations.

Over the years I’ve experimented with various LEDs and the 5050 chips run the coolest. Cut half the length of the pins off and bend in slightly. Use a flashlight to help get the pins in the small holes. The only LEDs I’ve had poor service out of are the strips so I use panels with 48 SMD 5050 chips.

12 bulbs for $17 on Amazon… $14 ones are 7000 temp and too blue.

https://www.amazon.com/EverBrightt-12-Pack-Camper-Reading-Marine/dp/B00NNJF1FO/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.MZEFGUGP2wJxHt1ZfjFdnZKiGMpoeekRXOd_dZd5iZQKdSAhoH8wPMtl85JfTUi-Nv4TIjsJ-8tw-9YcludpGys3ledjkVSzFtUlILlGwSubPJa6xGJMT3qPNCl6urVd--D_ylJxyvJ5ajNszsYL7GwyBxQ6TRY4Bh0iyr6wooONer9ABWGBJAZ2tQmJ7eV_azsIB_eZqzs5LnW7rTeVTw._QkBguEsjZb4Agxj72wRMeF7OgHwka5L0y2Ls1Y6SWk&dib_tag=se&keywords=g4+super+bright+flat+lights+12+5050+smd+car+led+light+bulb+lamp+dc12v+2w&qid=1711296104&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

IMG_8744.png

Edited by Ivylog

If your existing Halogen bulbs are dimmable make sure you get dimmable LED that won't flicker.  I went with 20w equivalent pucks that were a little whiter than the yellowish Halogen but be careful about going too blueish. Probably 10w equivalent is fine for the BR as I end up dimming those down, but like the full 20W brightness in the LR.  (My source from 8 years ago doesn't seem to be around anymore or changed their domain name.)

Edited by amphi_sc

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B861854J?psc=1&ref=product_details

I use these in all my puck lights now. I really like the 4000K they are white or clear?  My wife does not like the warm 3000K lights anywhere.    It just depends on the interior colors of your rig and what you like.  These run nice and cool also.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 1:25 PM, Joint Venture said:

Depends, if yours are 3" puck lights then mine will work just fine.