Drain on Center Penguin III

I would normally climb up on the roof & check this b/f asking - but - an ankle injury prevents me from my usual gymnastics around the coach & has me planted on the couch!

On our 06 Dynasty (3 AC units), I know where the front & rear Penguin IIIs drain. However, I don't know that I've ever noticed where the middle Penguin III drains.

As I'm somewhat affixed to the couch (w/the AC running full tilt), I noticed water running off the driver's side front slide window awning. Does the middle AC unit drain on to the roof or should there be a concealed drain similar to the front & rear AC units?

Thanks for your input!

Look where the filter is, remove filter and see if you can see the tubing that the AC drain cups attach to.  This may give you an idea where the drain is.  If there is tubing I'd try to make sure it is not stopped up.  Every couple of years I use compressed air to purge mine out both going up into the cups and down into the tubing.

All 3 drain onto the roof in 'Heatpump' mode.

In A/C mode, my mid unit drain is tee'd together with the bedroom unit and drain at the passenger side of the rear cap.

{edit} Scrap that. Just remembered it's tee'd to the front unit. Drains at drivers side front cap.

Edited by 96 EVO

If your original Penguin A/C units have been replaced the drain cups are a different design and the old ones will not fit.  It's up to the installer to order the new style drain cups and many times that doesn't happen. 

My 09 Dynasty middle AC unit drains via a separate line to the front of the coach, just behind the driver side headlight.  Both front and middle units terminate in the same spot. 

The tubing from the collection cups to the front line is a little kinked on mine, and doesn’t always drain well. I’m going to address this over the summer.  

While different model coach…....My front AC drain line is by the generator at the front. The middle and rear ACs have separate drains that exit in the engine compartment.

Edited by DZZippy

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the feedback! After a quick visit to the roof & then accessing the AC units from inside I learned that our front unit drain exits in front of the driver's side front tire. The mid AC unit has a dedicated drain that exits through the wet bay on the drivers side - and - our rear AC drain exits in the driver's side of the engine compartment. I also learned that on our mid AC unit the "T" in the drain line b/t the 2 drip pans was clogged. Cleared the clog & blew the line out & we're good to go again!!!

Thanks again!

3 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Lesson learned, our coaches are snowflakes, same year and model may have a completely different set-up. It's best to do your own investigation to discover exactly how things work.

That's what I did. Turned on one unit at a time, and after an hour or so, looked for the condensate dripping out the bottom.