2006 Dynasty - Front (Galley?) fan replacement , no power to wires. Help appreciated.

Go to solution Solved by DanVickie,

Hey guys, 

very similar problem, changing out fan motor for Aqua hot under kitchen sink, no power down there . Old one was making noise and finally quit, then after a couple hours , I tried old one and new one directly to battery to be sure, old one started for a few seconds , new one fine , works . Checked fuses everywhere with multi meter , all good . Have not checked relays tho, which ones do I check ? , I see a bunch in the back closet, have not seen one in wet bay as you did , but will check again for sure. Fuse in wet bay above Aqua hot good. Thanks for any help. 

4 hours ago, DanVickie said:

Hey guys, 

very similar problem, changing out fan motor for Aqua hot under kitchen sink, no power down there . Old one was making noise and finally quit, then after a couple hours , I tried old one and new one directly to battery to be sure, old one started for a few seconds , new one fine , works . Checked fuses everywhere with multi meter , all good . Have not checked relays tho, which ones do I check ? , I see a bunch in the back closet, have not seen one in wet bay as you did , but will check again for sure. Fuse in wet bay above Aqua hot good. Thanks for any help. 

Monaco was NOT very good at the 2006 and up Aquahot prints....sort of treated them like step children.  I went through three sets of drawings...and found this.  I should have kept it before...but here is the print.  IT IS probably NOT in your manual.

@Frank McElroy is our expert and will, hopefully, chime in here.  First....here is the HARD TO FIND info on he AH Controller.  Zone 5 (top of the controller) is the system for the front register.  DO NOT, in ANY WAY, try to connect or associate the Thermostat Zones with the ones used in the Aqua Hot.

You will see leads from Zone 5 FAN (the blower) going to the motor.  HOWSOMEVER.....  There is a Parallel set of leads going to the lower Relay.  I THINK....and I don't have the fancy MPX switches, like you do...that the way to get the Front Fan to work is to have the the Furnace (Aquahot) ON in Zone 1....on the Thermostat.  Then, you set the temperature.  You MAY have to go to the MPX (Lighted) switch panel for the Front blower.  That is the output from the MPX F Relay....which is to the left....scroll down from the #5 Fan terminals and there is a signal going down to a relay.  THAT relay is what, I THINK, turns on the front blower.  There is a "mod" or circuit in the AH panel.  ALL (OK maybe MOST) of the other fans or zones come on from the Furnace...but this one is the exception.

You need to download these prints... They SHOULD work on yours...and your MPX should be like them.  This is the ONLY 2007 "set" that has the AH in them.  The OTHER 2007 (the Dynasty and up are the same) does not....neither does the 2006 prints.  DON'T YELL AT ME....this is Monaco.  Those of us that are in and out of them sort of "KNOW THIS".

SO....I would keep these as an "ALTERNATIVE" to what is in your manual....As I said...this is the FIRST set of drawings for the Dynasty and UP that actually has the complete HVAC system and the Aquahot...

Frank will have to explain the "HOW IT WORKS".  You CAN download a 2008 Manual....and read the section on the HVAC system.  The instructions for the various MPX switches were WRONG in 2007...and finally got it right in 2008....again...no one said the manual was perfect.

BUT....ODDS ARE...if you pull the cover and look in the AquaHot bay...you will see the relay....so you have it....just undocumented by Monaco.  NOTE that the print goes back to 2006....but why it was NOT in any manual...GOD ONLY KNOWS...

2007 DYNASTY & UP AQUAHOT AND HVAC PRINT.pdf

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2006 Dynasty - Front (Galley?) fan replacement , no power to wires. Help appreciated.
5 hours ago, DanVickie said:

Hey guys, 

I'm not sure if on your 2006 you have a separate fan speed switch in the galley or if your fan speed is controlled by keypads feeding input to the Intellitec multiplex system.  Attached are a few specific wiring diagrams that should help identify which system you have and how this blower motor is powered.

Screenshot_20240403-201523.png

2006 blower motor Aqua Hot.pdf 2006_Dynasty_Wiring_Diagram p131.pdf

Thank you gentleman ,!! You guys are awesome. I’ll take a closer look

now.
I have the low, med, high, one switch above countertop, which did work . As others stated in other posts, it would operate with or without calling for heat, so it would blow cold.

i assume cuz of operating from engine loop  antifreeze heat too , to heat coach .

thank you thank you !!

1 hour ago, DanVickie said:

Thank you gentleman ,!! You guys are awesome. I’ll take a closer look

now.
I have the low, med, high, one switch above countertop, which did work . As others stated in other posts, it would operate with or without calling for heat, so it would blow cold.

i assume cuz of operating from engine loop  antifreeze heat too , to heat coach .

thank you thank you !!

Yes, that is correct.  That blower should work to heat the coach with the engine heating loop.  Since the engine is heating the aquahot water, all the other heat zones should provide heat with the engine running.  However, if it's really cold outside, you still might need to run the aquahot on diesel to heat the coach while traveling.

MODERATOR EDIT.

The following comment is in error.  This post pertains to a Intellitec MPX system as it integrates with the 5 Button DuoTherm or Penguin MPX Control.

The solution below is for another post that is for an older system (4 button) and is directed at “abandoning” the DuoTherm or Penguin 4 Button MPX system….

END OF EDIT.

Here is a simple fix.  A short across the two blue wires will turn on the furnace.   A Honeywell Home RTH111B Non-Programmable will provide the short across the blue wires.

Chuck B

Edited by Tom Cherry
Edited as Post does not pertain to the system here

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

hey all,

i have good news on fixing my galley fan no power to wires which previously worked. finally changed out bad fan motor, 

relay and fuse both were good in aqua hot bay. i finally tracked down more fuses which i originally thought it had to be because of bad fan motor.

here is my findings with pics,  remember i have a 2006 dynasty 43 king III.  one and a half bath. 

3 fuses were blown in the rear closet, unmarked, and 2 looked good, i always put them on a meter to check. after i found one and 1 fan speed worked , i figured to keep going on this multiplex . these fuses were on E, channels 5,6,and 7. Thanks to all who helped on this with their knowledge.!!

IMG_3078 (1).jpg

IMG_3079.jpg

Great.  Unusual for that many fuses to pop..  read this. Great for understanding MPX.  Next one is Frank’s PRIMER…