HR Endeavor 40DST Alternator for 8.9L ISM CM850

I just changed the alternator on my 2007 diplomat with a 400ISL. It appeared to be a P/N 8RG2142, it had overspray on it and hard to read. AJ - Electric will know what you need. I just replaced mine with one from them and was working like it should.

It’s a Leece Neville “Sales Number: 110-912”. Not a DUVAC. This is from a 2006 Dip, but my engine is a 2005 ISL400 (8.9L). My dip is the Monaco twin of your Endeavor  

IMG_7425.thumb.jpeg.e4676cc91a60a26b785f0f35c1c8ff19.jpeg

PS - for about the price of a rebuild, you can just replace it with a Delco 28Si

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scotty Hutto said:

It’s a Leece Neville “Sales Number: 110-912”. Not a DUVAC. This is from a 2006 Dip, but my engine is a 2005 ISL400 (8.9L). My dip is the Monaco twin of your Endeavor  

IMG_7425.thumb.jpeg.e4676cc91a60a26b785f0f35c1c8ff19.jpeg

Just replaced mine with a Delco/ Remy alternator.

Let me know if you want the part number.

I just replaced mine with a Delco 28SI, it was a 200 AMP with J mount. Battery and ground wiring only.

If you have your old one off and call this place they can make sure you get the right one to convert. https://www.qualitypowerauto.com/

There are a lot of variables so double check. With the 28SI I figure I can now easily walk into any major auto parts store in the US and get a replacement if I need it.

Edited by Grey Goose
  • Like 1

Thanks for everyone's help.  I went to the motorhome and crawled up in to take a picture of the alternator.  d*** its tight with the intake right there...

The build sheet only said it was a 160 amp with no details.

The tag said Leece Neville Model 8RG2112    B    Volts 12   200501  Sales No :  105-360

If anyone has the spefic part number and data for the Delco 28si that would be much appreciated.  Is there any other changes that need to be done to fit it in where the Leece Neville was?  Cable or connector changes?  Pulley?