2006 Diplomat mystery power connector - Entertainment Center - Stumped

Looks like a power cable for some device.  I would put a multimeter on it to see if it has 12 volts.

What's not working that is part of the infotainment system? (I see that's the Box of Buttons is in same area).

Edited by DavidL

It looks like the power supply wire (+12V & Gnd) for the original TV selector switch / antenna amplifier.

That's my guess and I'm sticking to it.

- bob

9 minutes ago, cbr046 said:

It looks like the power supply wire (+12V & Gnd) for the original TV selector switch / antenna amplifier.

That's my guess and I'm sticking to it.

- bob

Thats there too and plugged in and working 

Posted (edited)

Your gona find loads of those on a Monaco built coach!

They installed the same wiring harness, whether it was going to be a 'bare bones' coach, or fully loaded with every option available!

Couple of examples... In my PS armrest, coiled up is wiring for every patio awning available.

In the DS armrest, is the wiring for a 2 stage compression brake, even though the '08 Scepter only came with a exhaust brake..... but the Dynasty of that year did!

One more..... There's a plug dangling at my front hyd pump, likely for a hyd gen slide. I don't have a hyd gen, but the equivalent Beaver model did.

Edited by 96 EVO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Your gona find loads of those on a Monaco built coach!

They installed the same wiring harness, whether it was going to be a 'bare bones' coach, or fully loaded with every option available!

Couple of examples... In my PS armrest, coiled up is wiring for every patio awning available.

In the DS armrest, is the wiring for a 2 stage compression brake, even though the '08 Scepter only came with a exhaust brake..... but the Dynasty of that year did!

One more..... There's a plug dangling at my front hyd pump, likely for a hyd gen slide. I don't have a hyd gen, but the equivalent Beaver model did.

Yes, I have found lots. Im just curious of what this plug is    Always hot 12v

I agree with @cbr046 for my rig that looks exactly like the 12v supply to the multi selector unit.   Look on the back of yours to see if you already have that.   For my selector it provides the 12v for the OTA antenna.   

• Like 1

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2006 Diplomat mystery power connector - Entertainment Center - Stumped

Edited title for clarity.

If you read the manual, there are a number of devices, some option, some standard that are 12 VDC powered in the "Entertainment or Informational" center. If this is essential, then using the House Fuse Panel and a Toner on each fuse should easily trace the circuit.

If you determine what it is or what it is for, please advise.

Monaco often dot matrix printed a label on their harnesses. Have you examined the the white wire or exposed enough of it under the video switcher to see if it is labeled?

• Like 1

Well sometimes the brain doesn't consider the obvious. My coach is equipped with satellite prep, so that should be the 12v for the satellite box. There is also a phone cable there. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My question IS,,,,, where can I get those IDENTICAL, connectors?   They ARE everywhere, double, triple, quad, and more.   I have a couple of places I could tap in to for work I want to do, IF I COULD find a directly compatible connector.   I have become tired of using  work arounds.

Edited by TomV48

1 hour ago, TomV48 said:

My question IS,,,,, where can I get those IDENTICAL, connectors?   They ARE everywhere, double, triple, quad, and more.   I have a couple of places I could tap in to for work I want to do, IF I COULD find a directly compatible connector.   I have become tired of using  work arounds.

I saved this a while back. Try Digikey  maybe maybe not 

• 2 pin straight: conn 480698-0, term 350536-1
  • 3 pin straight: conn 1-480701-0, term 350536-1
  • 4 pin straight: conn 1-480702-0, term 350218-1
  • 2x3 rectangular: conn 1-480705-0, term 350536-1
  • 3x5 rectangular: conn 1-480711-0, term 350536-1