We spent the night at a rest area in Colorado. In the am I tried to open the door and nothing happened. When my Dynasty as in my shop I had removed the inner door panles and checked that the latches were timed correctly. All was good so I lubricated everything with white grease. Worked great. But here I was locked inside. My old body could  not get out the emergency window. Another RV'r came over to help but without making a hole in the inner door panel one cannot access the  bowels of the door. Finally I called an RV shop. He had a tech that lived next to the  rest area in a KOA. We still could not open the door. He finally realized that the problem was the dead bolt. With a bent putty knife we got it open. The dead bolt had split. I taped up the openings and we made it back to Canada. I tried the paryts list but found nothing. Did some googling and found this: 

Deadbolt Lock for use on entry door I 08408788 I 10116265 (findmyrvparts.com)

This is an exact duplicate of the oem lock. But $62.00 for Chinese junk is outrageous. Any ideas? It is a weird lock.  Thanks

Chinese junk it may be, but 2/3 of everything we buy in this country is made in China these days so I wouldn't assume it to be total junk. Reading it, it looks like it may be the only game that's left. 

If I was in that pickle I think I'd order it and see how it comes out.  I didn't get in to looking at the company's return policy but they did indicate that compatibility is your responsibility.  Looks an awful lot like mine good luck.

Can you post a picture of the part that is split? 

Since you've posted this I've tried to search to find a replacement.  Veurinks pretty much sources parts from REVRVParts.com  They also show the part out of stock.

https://revrvparts.com/item-detail?itemId=39980&organizationId=9

The important part is the 6.375" Back set, but in the picture it looks like the bolt portion is an add on to get that distance.  I have not found a source so you may have to resort to trying and repair yours. 

I am very frustrated. Yes it is obsolete. You can buy a deadbolt latch with a 5 inch backset but this one is over 6 inches. The bolt on the Monaco latch is removable and I think I can tighten it up.  When I could not open the door that bolt extension was loose and fell out. Hard to believe that someone does not make that part or a workaround.

I found a deadbolt lock that looks like the one that is installed on my 2005 Dynasty Countess lll.  I found it on the Vizilok website. It is called a "Commercial Entrance Lever Lock".  I don't have a product number or part number.  You might google the VIZILOK website to see if it is a correct match.

Bob R

2005 Dynasty Countess lll

Bob. My problem is with the deadbolt. An entrance lever lock uses a spring loaded bolt

Not the same

I went to that website and did not find anything

However I am going to visit a few of the warehouses that supply commercial locks. Might find something. Thanks

Funny thing happened on the way to the forum Caesar... came home from a wedding late last weekend to a lock cylinder that the key just turned, nothing happened.  11:30...dark but got out the drill and drilled out the cylinder until I could open with a screwdriver.

Yep after extensive searching lock is no longer available.  ODD non standard bolt throw.  I got a Schlage BN60 and have modified/mated the bolt from the old lock and finishing install this morning.  I did take pics because this is going to be a problem for others someday too....will post later.

Bob. My problem is with the deadbolt. An entrance lever lock uses a spring loaded bolt

Not the same

I went to that website and did not find anything

However I am going to visit a few of the warehouses that supply commercial locks. Might find something. Thanks

The deadbolt on the find it parts site you found is a standard kwikset with a drive-in bolt adjustable from 2 3/8 to 2 3/4 that has been modified with the sub sized bolt extension. That bolt in its original form will be available at any locksmith. What it will take to retrofit the extension back to the new one I am not sure without better pics or in hand. Maybe kwikset supplied it you can check with them. Actually the entire deadbolt with the exact bolt you need I don’t think is that badly priced but obviously that’s subjective.

order one and convert it yourself?

https://www.amazon.com/Kwikset-83186-001-Adjustable-Deadbolt-Replacement/dp/B00IIVC8EE/ref=asc_df_B00IIVC8EE/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=693377295758&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15552032901841698263&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1021197&hvtargid=pla-375858874227&psc=1&mcid=574aff15dcbc3d45873f3f19a4358191&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5J3Mg8j7hQMV3jIIBR1sYAooEAQYAyABEgKN4fD_BwE

Yes,In retrospect that price would have been ok. The round bolt extension has a pin at one end. The latch has 2 small holes. You insert the bolt and twist it into the latch.I don't think the kwikset part has those holes but it could be modified. I actually thought it was a Shlagge. I will buy one and give it a try. Thanks

"When you get finished, you will want to replace the black plastic bushing that sits in the door edge where the deadbolt extends and retracts.

https://www.radwell.com/en-US/Buy/EAGLE PLASTICS/EAGLE PLASTICS/MP7510

"

DO NO BUY FROM RADWELL!

I saw this note and link that Harry posted and thought "THAT is the stupid little part I've been looking for. THANK YOU HARRY !"

So I called to order. Spoke with the rep Matthew.  Nice guy.  Kept going on about price matching...now I know why.

Minimum quantity = 10 pieces @ $0.35 (35 cents each).

"Ok, that seems reasonable"

"Handling charge = $15.00"

Ok, that seems excessive....

"UPS shipping charge = $18.70"

Ok, WTF????

$39.11 for 10 little plastic pieces, of which $35.61 is shipping handling and tax.  For a 35¢ piece of plastic.

I told them (nicely) to cancel the entire order.  I'm sure one of us can find another place that isn't such a blatant ripoff.

- John

• Thanks 2

Harry, that is a very good question.

1-2 week lead time, so somebody has stock.

They offer original Eagle packaging, or Radwell re-packaging (two different SKUs).  Both were available.

These things are standard grommets used in electrical products. I see them all the time on BOMs.

I'll look for a cross reference.  They are a pretty common size made of nylon.

Amazing home much time and work a person will go through for a perceived pricing injustice, right?

Deadbolt Replacement with Schlage lockset.20240501_121526(Small).jpg.7b2e0814acefab3198282fbd04fc194a.jpg

What you have above...a non-standard long throw.

20240501_124017(Small).jpg.0f43e59c6b45eb5f37d942a29089031f.jpg

What you need...two lap cuts and the lockset twisted out for "long" the double arrow.

20240501_122513(Small).jpg.bdc6ea5a84753ed296cc38c519677dca.jpg

Cut back new bolt for lap the anti saw bar will provide stability for JB Weld

20240503_141245(Small)(1).jpg.a80ecfb0bbbc405d9a8ec303850c9867.jpg

Two small screws or roll pin...JB Weld filling the void under. smooth up when hard set 24 hours.20240503_141956(Small)(1).jpg.988ae706dfb2a11bb92a70a1feee19c9.jpgRemove trim ring Schlage uses a different hole size than the one in our door...now it ill flush mount.

20240505_120235(Small).jpg.ebe35a45c5f96f071ceb5bfdbed9a98c.jpg

Note the different position of lock cylinder to mounting bolt holes.  Now you get to

grind out a spot for clearance so cylinder turns freely.

20240505_121801(Small)(2).jpg.e9369b8171db7882c5c4ec4fd37d9752.jpg 

I put tape on the inside to catch filings, you don't want that in latching linkage.  Dremel with a stone worked fine.

20240505_132652(Small)(1).jpg.9abd299673113a5870c57ada86172799.jpg 

20240505_132629(Small).jpg.f468853a814c26f7fdf7fbcba0611562.jpg

VIOLA...all done.  Happy wife, it matches color.  Quality mechanism Schlage BN 60 $38 at Home Depot, several colors.  Once again have foiled the Engs at Monaco.  Cut the lock set part with my 4 1/2 side grinder and metal cutting blade.  Vise on picnic table at campsite...you all carry a vise right?

• Like 2

Great write up. Monaco must have used different suppliers. The bolt on my oem lock has a pin at one end. This inserts into the latch. The latch has 2 holes for that pin. I opened up the end of the latch,inserted the bolt and used a vicegrip to close  the latch around the pin. I will post some photos. The Kwikset that was posted seems to be correct. No need grind anything. But your Shlagge redo is better engineered. We're you able to get a bushing for the end of the door to accept the bolt?

Same bushing I've always used.  Home Depot part.  I bought a bag of them a few years back and handed them out to M folks.  If I can find the part online will post it or check next time I go to the store.  My lock was identical to yours with the rubber bushing holding the extension in place...felt like it was glued in place, maybe yours just slipped out of the rubber.  Had to drill out my key cylinder sono way to replace it.