Best Source for Toyo M144 Tires?

Go to solution Solved by Twomed,

So I've searched and cannot find what is the best source to order 6 new Toyo tires?  Mine are aged out... the fronts need replaced for wear, and one of the rears has some about 1 inch diameter 'chunks' that have popped out of the tread area.  I figured time to buy 6 new tires before we take our summer trip to North Dakota.  

Thanks in advance!

Looks like you’re in the South. I got my M144’s from Southern Tire Mart. Lots of locations. They will install them too. They do trucks, Motorhomes, pickups and cars. Date codes were up to date. Had them put in balance beads. Good service. 

• Like 1

Thank you all!  I found a local shop that is matching Tires Direct price for 6 Toyos.  Their cost to mount and balance is $750 including tax...but overall about $4200 for all six installed...and I don't have to haul around tires!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, malcoll said:

Thank you all!  I found a local shop that is matching Tires Direct price for 6 Toyos.  Their cost to mount and balance is $750 including tax...but overall about $4200 for all six installed...and I don't have to haul around tires!

In today’s market….that ain’t bad.  2 years ago, I spent $2,500 or so on 4 rears….

On 6/12/2024 at 7:01 AM, malcoll said:

Sell the take offs to local truckers. 150-200$ EACH.

There you go. Just make sure they’re up to date on the codes .  Inflation has them $2,000 higher than I got my six three years ago. I think you’ll like those M144’s. 
Depends on the condition of the used tires what you can get for them from

truckers. They usually just use them on trailers. Good luck.

Josam's in Orlando will be your best price installed. However, that is a two and one half hour drive each way unless you take a vacation trip that way to visit Disney World or some other attraction.

• Like 1

When I needed tires in 2021 I contacted 3 tire vendors.  Unfortunately the Toyo's were not available, I ended up getting Yokohama's which I believe are comparable to Toyo's.   I paid $3600 installed. 

All 3 of the vendors pulled from the same regional warehouse and quoted the same brands that were available.  A couple of the brands I never heard of, at the time the country was still recovering from supply/demand issues due to Covid.  I could not wait so decided on the Yokohama's which I was familiar with and actually used in the mining company I worked for.

• Like 1

How old are you saying is “aged out” on Toyo Tires?

I see 5.5 year warranty.  I hear 7 years, seems low if 5.5 year warranty.  I see online 10 years, but I cannot find “official” from Toyo.

I've always used 6 years as max..but I've gone longer.

My fronts are worn on the outside on curbside so I must need an alignment too.

I also have some small "chunks' missing on the rears..Just one or two on the outside tires....

55 minutes ago, malcoll said:

I've always used 6 years as max..but I've gone longer.

My fronts are worn on the outside on curbside so I must need an alignment too.

I also have some small "chunks' missing on the rears..Just one or two on the outside tires....

When I bought by rig the front tires had a bad rivering wear pattern on the front tires, Goodyear tires so that may have been the problem but to be on the safe side I had a set of Bridgestones put on the front and then immediately took and had an alignment done.  With the sold front axle the shop had to pull out a large jig that they chained to the axle and then used a hyd portapower to bend the axle.  Scary but that solved the problem.  when I finally changed tires the Bridgestones had +50K miles on them and the tread looked like new.  They were way aged out so I had to change them but they looked good inside and out. 

Edited by jacwjames

My 02 Windsor had a similar problem except the tires were cupping when I purchased it in 2003. Took the Goodyear G760 tires off the front then had Michelin Tires installed followed by an alignment where they had to bend the front axle to get the alignment correct. Never had any more types of unusual tire wear in the front or anyplace on the coach.