Entry step fuse 2007 Executive

We have a fuse for the step in bedroom 12v fuse box. But it also controls the handle and porch ligh and more. An other option I used is a magnet or magnetic tape ( like the magnetic business cards) taped over the magnetic switch in bottom side door frame. That way it simulates the door closed at all times.

• Like 1

In my 07 (built in 06 Beaver), fuse is in the front run box and clearly labeled "step".  My FRB is the many board version and not the multiplex version that was introduced a bit later.  Your 07 Monaco may be same.

I also somewhat recall a tricky procedure with the timing the position of the step switch and ignition switch and timing of turning ignition on/off and when to change the step switch position.  It usually happens to us by accident when the switch is accidentally bumped and I stop for lunch or something where the coach is off before I ever thought about needing to go outside and I fall out the door as the steps didn't come out. 🤬  I've managed to do it once or twice on purpose, but I found it tricky and don't remember the exact sequence. So I retract the steps and pull the fuse when needed.

FWIW

• Like 1

Just looked at our manual for the '06 Dynasty to see if there were steps you could take to do what "amphi_sc" described, but there was nothing.  Rats.  Sounds like something that would have been a good idea.

BUT, it does say that the fuse for the step is in the REAR run box.  I looked at my pictures, and yes, it is there.  It is on board #4, in the stack of boards on the left side of the run box.  The manual says it is labeled "STP IGN", but on our coach it is labeled "STEP".  On ours, it is the bottom fuse and is a 20A fuse.

I hope that helps.

• Like 1