TA Service Diesel oil Change / Chassis Lube

I’m due an oil change and chassis lube, and have been using Speeco for the last several years.

However there is also a TA Fuel/service center very close to the Speedco.

Has anyone used TA for this kind of routine service, and how did it compare to the same service at Speedco?

Most truck stops refuse to work or service RV's or motorhomes because of the amount of trucks that they have come through their shop needing service. Speedco is one of the exceptions.

Luckily I have found a truck repair shop in Orlando where the owner previously owned a Class A motorhome. They now do all of my engine repairs and service the fluids and filters at a very reasonable cost.

• Thanks 1

I used to drive OTR as an O/O and avoided the T/A's shops...most of them had inexperienced techs and the consistency of service was always an issue.  I've used Speedco almost exclusively, as their techs follow a process when servicing your vehicle. 

If Richard's shop in Orlando is close, that'd be a better option than a T/A, or taking it to your engine shop.  I have a Cummins and couldn't get a service appointment until July anywhere here, so I drove from Tampa to Jacksonville for service of my ISC 330HP and Onan Genset.   They also allow for over-night stay, as they have water and electric hook-ups. Great techs and great experience...not cheap, but thorough and provides for piece of mind, at least from my experiences. 

I've been using SpeedCo for my annual for the past 13 years. Other than their increase in pricing over the years, (which is expected) I've been really pleased with their service. They even let me go into the 'pit' to look at the undercarriage which is awesome as I don't have to worry about the rig falling on my head. I had a loose air compressor which they allowed me to tighten up while they did the oil change. Great service techs. You can either bring in your own filters or they will supply them. The shop I go to (Eloy, AZ) checks the SCA, lubes, oil change, fuel filters and diff check for about $300. YMMV....Dennis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dennis H said:

I've been using SpeedCo for my annual for the past 13 years. Other than their increase in pricing over the years, (which is expected) I've been really pleased with their service. They even let me go into the 'pit' to look at the undercarriage which is awesome as I don't have to worry about the rig falling on my head. I had a loose air compressor which they allowed me to tighten up while they did the oil change. Great service techs. You can either bring in your own filters or they will supply them. The shop I go to (Eloy, AZ) checks the SCA, lubes, oil change, fuel filters and diff check for about $300. YMMV....Dennis

Hi Dennis, Speedco in Eloy charged me $400.00 in March 2020. 2006 ISL, including Generator.

Terry

• Thanks 1

Guess I'm lucky.  I use a local shop, bring my own oil and filter if i have an extra, if not he gets one from local Cummings.  Charge less than $150 plus parts.   No wait as appointment.   Only issue is shop floor is filthy as all his truck work is done inside and years of crap have built up.   No pit.  Most of business is road calls in his fleet.

I quit the RV shop as minimum was $500 5 years ago for oil change.  No pit there either.

Rich Cutler

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2021 at 9:19 AM, Dennis H said:

I was considering using Speedco rather than servicing myself, but then I read they won't touch a coach with a motorcycle lift, even if you take the bike off, and will lower it to the ground once parked! 

I used Speedco once and will never go back, even if they offered free oil changes.  They destroyed my generator filter getting off, then told me they didn't have a replacement.  They twisted the wires on the water sensor on my fuel filter to the point that it shorted out and that cost me some money since the problem did not show up until I was in another state.  And they are not cheap at all.  I can't say anything good about the Cummins Coach Care also.  I do the changes myself or go to independent shops on the road.  Finding good RELIABLE service is getting harder and harder to find.  But so far these little mom and pop truck repair shops have done a great job for me.  Sorry to trash these national chains, but they need to do better for the money they get.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have used Speedco for a number of years.  However, tried today and was told they NO LONGER service RV's. Had issue with one and stopped the service for liability reasons.  I am now looking for another shop in the Phoenix area.

On 5/3/2021 at 1:06 PM, Larry Laursen said:

I have used Speedco for a number of years.  However, tried today and was told they NO LONGER service RV's. Had issue with one and stopped the service for liability reasons.  I am now looking for another shop in the Phoenix area.

Larry,For what it's worth if you are still looking for a place to service your Bus in Phoenix , I found a place that I would highly recommend based upon using him for past 5-6 years for several projects on my bus .His name is Steve Davenport owns business,Davenport Diesel ,he is a very well qualified diesel mechanic,nice person to deal with,honest etc,you know...all those qualities that are hard to find! Steve still has same employees that worked on my rig 5 years ago..tell's me something. He allows me to bring own oil/filters/parts etc and I feel he treats me fair.His shop is easily accessible from I17/ Deer Valley RD @22855 N  1st Ave,Phoenix.

Larry I live in Sun City,Az Feel free to contact me if you have any questions I'd be happy to help you if I can,good places are hard to find. Can drop me an email @skykingii@yahoo.com would be happy to answer/share what you may want to know! Looking forward to chatting if interested.

Bruce Crocker

2004 Diplomat40"PDQ 

• Like 1