Plumbing in Galley

Ron P.  2004 Monaco Executive 

The plumbing in the galley of my RV is broken.   There is a piece  of plumbing attached to a rail that moves back and forward when the slide moves.  My flexible hose on one end has detached and broken on the other end. 

Any ideas/suggestions on the best way to repair.   Is that slide piece sold somewhere?  Any information would be Appreciated.   Thanks.

20210315_135136.jpg

20210315_135144.jpg

20210315_154919.jpg

The white pipe is "spa hose".  Generally, all parts you will need are at Home Depot Plumbing department.  I PVC glued an adapter to a rubber coupling in that high stress area.  Mine is a Newmar so likely a bit different but looks similar.

Guest Ray Davis

Look at top of this page for downloads then in the right hand column find water systems.   There you will find sink drain,  that's probably the help you're looking for

I had this same problem on my 2000 Diplomat. It's a huge pain to fix, and helps if you are on the flexible, slim side.

I did two things: Installed flexible coupler, the type with screw clamps, which extends the hose a little to relief the stress; and, changed the attachment point where the flexible hose is clamped to the slide to relief a little more stress. It's still right on the edge of whether it's going to hold, but I think I'mm OK. It's been a few years with no failure.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I replaced our kitchen flexible drain hose also.  I found a replacement hose and fittings at a large hose supply house.  

I also had to repair the trolley that the hose hangs on so that it would run smooth. 

The difficult part is getting in there.  I was able to remove a panel under the cooktop adjacent to this area and access it that way.  

When done, it's important to zip tie it all properly so it will slide in and out smoothly.  

• Thanks 1

I added a 45 degree fitting to the rigid black plumbing to relieve the stress on that flex hose when it moves back and forth. Made a quick note to go on a diet while I was working in there. It does make it a lot easier to remove the drawers below the cooktop for access....Dennis

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Dennis H said:

I added a 45 degree fitting to the rigid black plumbing to relieve the stress on that flex hose when it moves back and forth. Made a quick note to go on a diet while I was working in there. It does make it a lot easier to remove the drawers below the cooktop for access....Dennis

I had to do the same when we returned from our trip out west last year.  Fortunately I had the help from the expert who had replaced it previously.  We had to remove the small cabinet under the cooktop also in order to be able to get in there.  You need to be sure you put in the same length hose as to short, OR to long, will cause you problems.  It's very stiff 1-1/2" or 1-1/4" Spa hose that has to be glued in place and the hose is about 3 ft long.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had to replace the flexible hose as well. It was soo ridged that the flex hose had actually shattered as if it was lite schedule ridged. thank goodness I inspected the plumbing wire pass flex area before turning on water. I had so many leaks prior to that however it was a no brainer to follow all supply drain routes.