Removing Aladdin components

The monitor in  our Aladdin died.

I have installed Bluefire, and a new camera system to replace the Aladdin.

Will be removing all of the Aladdin components. Do you think it is ok to just cut all connections to the Aladdin controller and sensor boards? I know I will have to cap(or find and disconnect from the source) the hot AC and DC connections.  

Have a fellow Monaco owner who  ask asked for the parts.

Does anyone have the Aladdin electrical diagrams?

Any other thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks 

Mike

2004 Dynasty

As you can see in the pdf diagram, there is more involved than just cutting wires and removing components.  It would be a major project for the new owners of the components to find all the wires to hook them up correctly.  The more one alters and removes components, the less money they will receive if they try to sell their coach.

Chuck B

Unless one understands electricity and all the applications involved in Correctly hooking up outlets, a neophyte trying to follow one's instruction can send him to the promise land.  I would never try to instruct someone in how to hook up a receptible or what to plug their RV into.  I would not want that on my conscience.  I recommend hiring a licensed electrician who Fully Understands the electrical requirements of a RV at best.  Then there are those who don't.  Chuck B

The Aladdin Wiring Diagrams are in your Electrical Wiring Diagram Schematics Manual.  The Drawing Numbers are 38050049, pages 1-2, and Drawing Number 38050050, pages 1-2.

If you Monitor failed, why did you not just replace the Monitor??? Inquiring minds would like to know.

• Like 1

At the very least, uplug and abandon in place.  We converted our '06 Dynasty from the Aladdin to Silverleaf.  Silverleaf used virtually all of the Aladdin wiring and connectors, and their new equipment was built to accept those connectors.  If you cut the connectors off, you don't gain anything, but you potentially lose, in the long run.  If those connectors had been cut off, a twelve hour project would have been easily two or three times the labor.  Hypoxia is right on.

22 hours ago, David Pratt said:

The Aladdin Wiring Diagrams are in your Electrical Wiring Diagram Schematics Manual.  The Drawing Numbers are 38050049, pages 1-2, and Drawing Number 38050050, pages 1-2.

If you Monitor failed, why did you not just replace the Monitor??? Inquiring minds would like to know.

I replaced most of the features with newer state of the art components.

Yes I marked and left all connectors in place.

22 hours ago, Chuck B said:

As you can see in the pdf diagram, there is more involved than just cutting wires and removing components.  It would be a major project for the new owners of the components to find all the wires to hook them up correctly.  The more one alters and removes components, the less money they will receive if they try to sell their coach.

Chuck B

Unless one understands electricity and all the applications involved in Correctly hooking up outlets, a neophyte trying to follow one's instruction can send him to the promise land.  I would never try to instruct someone in how to hook up a receptible or what to plug their RV into.  I would not want that on my conscience.  I recommend hiring a licensed electrician who Fully Understands the electrical requirements of a RV at best.  Then there are those who don't.  Chuck B

I actually have removed the components and labeled and left connectors intact. 

I am  appropriately reprimanded thanks all for the responses.

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2021 at 8:30 AM, David Pratt said:

Thanks, I found them in my Schematics Manual but with entirely different Drawing  numbers. Ours is  2004 Dynasty Wiring diagram Manual Drawing Numbers 38040068 (pgs 1 and 2).

I have Replaced most of the Aladdin components with state if the art replacements. 

Could you post some pics of the final product w gauges on please?

On 4/14/2021 at 6:58 AM, Chargerman said:

If the only issue is that it needs a new monitor why not just replace the monitor? That’s what I did at a cost of about $50

Steve, could you tell me what brand and model monitor you used for replacement. Mine is part of the radio with the flip up screen which is a POS, Thanks....Dennis

Sorry I’m not near my Coach but will be by Tuesday. I got the monitor on eBay. Brand doesn’t matter. My monitor is separate and just uses a video cable. My guess is that your radio has a video input. Take a look and if so you can get any monitor with the same cable input type

20 hours ago, Dennis H said:

Steve, could you tell me what brand and model monitor you used for replacement. Mine is part of the radio with the flip up screen which is a POS, Thanks....Dennis

I went through rvcams.com and got a Weldex monitor.  It wasn't the same size, so it's attached to the dash w command strips which I like bc it allows me to take it off for access. 

• Thanks 1