Bill D's Monacoers' Gathering Update!!

Just a few questions . . . . How many typically attend? 

Is there a maximum # of registrations? 

Does Lazy Days get sold out?  (it is the peak of snow bird season)

I won't know my 2022 calendar until December

- bob

Bob,

We typically have 40-50 coaches, and currently have 40 slots on hold with Lazydays. We typically use all of the slots reserved at some point in early fall, and depending on what LazyDays has might be able to pick up a handful more,  but that could be different this year due to the pandemic. 

Based on the level of interest I’ve experienced so far, I think our allocation of slots will be used up pretty quickly. 

As far as a maximum, I’ll have to defer to @David Pratt

But in the end, all of that is a guess based on experience. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scotty Hutto said:

Bob,

We typically have 40-50 coaches, and currently have 40 slots on hold with Lazydays. We typically use all of the slots reserved at some point in early fall, and depending on what LazyDays has might be able to pick up a handful more,  but that could be different this year due to the pandemic. 

Based on the level of interest I’ve experienced so far, I think our allocation of slots will be used up pretty quickly. 

As far as a maximum, I’ll have to defer to @David Pratt

But in the end, all of that is a guess based on experience. 

I'm kind of interested in the cost. I'll be about 3 hours away in S. Florida anyway.

That's taking for granted I have this thing ship shape by then.

Cost is on the flyer - $498 for couples + camping cost.  Right now LZD is $50/night for Dec, less whatever the group rate will be. 

You really need to look at the flyer (click on the insert in OP) as there's some early agenda items and which meals are included. 

- bob

• Thanks 1

When Lazydays announces that will begin taken reservation for the Gathering, my suggestion is that anyone that is contemplating coming to the 2022 Gathering should make your reservation ASAP. All of the information is in the Flyer, Follow the instructions as written. The cancellation policy is in the instructions and I will insert it here;

Cancellation Policy: All reservations may be cancelled with no penalty until one (1) month prior to your arrival date. Reservations cancelled less than one (1) month prior will incur a 50% penalty. For no calls or no shows, no refund will be given.

As Scotty said in a prior post, Based on the level of interest I’ve experienced so far, I think our allocation of slots will be used up pretty quickly. So get your reservation in early and if you need to cancel just follow the cancellation policy. I have 40 sites blocked for the 2022 Gathering and Lazydays will only have other sites available only if they are not booked up, but you may not be parked with the group if you are not in the initial 40 sites.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cbr046 said:

Cost is on the flyer - $498 for couples + camping cost.  Right now LZD is $50/night for Dec, less whatever the group rate will be. 

You really need to look at the flyer (click on the insert in OP) as there's some early agenda items and which meals are included. 

- bob

Just a Slight correction…. The $498 includes the cost of your site.  Here’s the full info:

“Rates for the gathering include a full hook up site with 50amp service, all (5) of the evening buffet meals, all seminars/presentations during the week and vouchers for breakfast in the Lazydays cafeteria (main building). 

2022 Gathering Rates:
Couples - $498.40 plus tax, Two adults per coach, pets included
Single - $403.92 plus tax, One adult per coach, pets included
Seminars and meals only for those not staying onsite - $94.48 plus tax per person”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PLEASE NOTE: Lazydays is now accepting reservations for the Bill D's 2022 MONACOERS GATHERING as of JUNE 7th 2021. 

Please follow the instructions to REGISTER in the The Information Section of the Schedule and Seminar Agenda here:

Once you make your reservation, please RSVP on the Monacoers.org site calendar (here). This allows us to keep a record of everyone attending and ensure your reservation with Lazydays is included in the group.

Scotty, should I be concerned? I registered today and was quoted $494.13/. Paid 1/2 down and it is for our 2022 gathering. They have sent me a cost break down. The one thing I quest is the quote for meals @ $11.48 totaling $153.00. I assume this is for the breakfast suggested in the Monacores flyer. 

Please confirm I have the correct pricing etc...  Thanks

Dave Elsner 

Reno NV. 

2004 Camelot PST 40' 

The rates that were posted in the original notice was; Couples - $498.40 plus tax, Two adults per coach, pets included. The rate is all inclusive. This rate includes your site, all the seminars and the evening buffets. The breakfast is a no charge item provided by Lazydays. Read the information in the original post it is covered in the information and instructions. It appears that Lazydays may have reduced the rate after I posted the Information and Agenda to the Forum.

It appears they have reduced the rate, I will contact Lazydays on Monday for confirmation on the rates and notify everyone of any other changes, if any.

David, Thanks for the response. But I am still confused by the cost breakdown provided by Lazydays. The attach is the price breaking I was provided. Something is not right...

GuestStatement.pdf

Edited by dlelsner

Dave, the $11.48 is for the Tax. The total price for all meals is $153. The only thing that stands out to me is that they have it as 1 adult attending but you are paying for two. The single adult price is a lot lower than the $494.13 if in fact only 1 adult is attending.

Dave, After looking at your Statement, I see that the only issue is that it is less than the rate that I was originally quoted and it includes taxes. The original quote  was $498.13 plus taxes and was for the Site with 2 adults and includes all the evening meals and Seminars. If there is only one adult then you will only pay $403.92 plus taxes.

I do not know if the person that took your Reservation made a mistake and did not charge the rate that was originally agreed upon in the contract. I will call Lazydays on Monday and find out why the change or if there was a mistake made and get it corrected.

Also, in the past for the Gatherings, Lazydays did not require a Deposit in advance when you made your reservation and charged you the full amount when you arrived. They now require a 50% deposit when you make your reservation and send you an Itemized statement of the charges. Lazydays will collect the balance when you arrive for the Gathering.

The original Quoted price for the gathering was $498.40 plus taxes. your statement total is for $494.13 and includes taxes so it is a win for you if it was not a mistake. 

I will post what I find out and make any corrections necessary in the information that is posted.

AS OF TODAY OVER HALF OF THE SITES FOR THE GATHERING HAVE BEEN RESERVED! IF YOU ARE GOING TO ATTEND THE GATHERING MAKE YOUR RESERVATION EARLY!

Thank you David & Richard! I had not noticed that. I called Lazydays this morning. I was told that there is still a problem with the reservation system. The correction will be made within the coming week, at which they will be calling me with the update. So I will continue to watch...

Dave Elsner

04 Camelot 40ft/PST

Reno, NV.

Edited by dlelsner
Had'nt seen David input.

I was able to contact the Event Coordinator for the  2022 Gathering and confirmed why the changes in the cost.

The original cost for the Gathering of $498.40 did include all taxes and is for 2 adults attending. The $403.92 cost is for just 1 adult and includes all taxes. I misunderstood that it was inclusive and will make the change in the information posted.

Lazydays made an error on the taxes and adjusted the All Inclusive Rate to reflect this mistake and it reduced the cost by $4.27. The new cost is $494.13 as reflected on your statement.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I stubbled upon this Gathering and would like to attend being we will only be about 50mi away. I would have not known of this if I didn’t happen on to it. I’m new to the Monacoers but wish I would have received an email telling me about it. Hope to make the decision soon and get signed up.

Edited by tmw188
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2021 at 2:30 PM, Sharon L. said:

What is your can only stay for part of the time?  We already have a trip booked starting on Friday in GA.  

Sharon,

Sorry it's taken so long to respond.  That's really a question that only @David Pratt can answer, and I believe he's on the road right now.  I mentioned him, so hopefully he'll see this and respond.

Scotty

On 6/30/2021 at 9:06 PM, tmw188 said:

I stubbled upon this Gathering and would like to attend being we will only be about 50mi away. I would have not known of this if I didn’t happen on to it. I’m new to the Monacoers but wish I would have received an email telling me about it. Hope to make the decision soon and get signed up.

We'll send out another email update in August that will go out to everyone on the site that has not opted out of receiving emails (if someone opts out, we're prohibited from sending them emails.)

The Contract with Lazydays for the 2022 Gathering Registration Fee is an all Inclusive price that includes your Site, Seminars and the Evening Buffets for the Entire Gathering's Five days and includes discounts and amenities and are contingent on a minimum of 50 coaches attending that otherwise would not be included in Lazydays regular site charges.

I would suggest that you call Lazydays and discuss your situation and see if something can be worked out. You will want to speak to either Rebecca Proper or Brooke Daley at 813-246-4999. They are our event Coordinators and may be able to help you.

I cannot change the contract or make that call.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...