House Disconnect Switch

tmw188

Trying to find the solenoid location for the House Disconnect switch? I haven’t gone to the coach yet to look but I’m thinking it’s in the right rear access door area? The switch itself inside the door is good but it is not turning the 12v house power off.  It’s not the same as the Battery Isolator in this pic is it? 

image.jpg

A062F416-8092-4B6F-AC9B-ED6CF4866C3B.jpeg

Nope, it is the solenoid directly below that one and it's labeled Battery Cut-Off Relay.

Frankly I would strongly suggest that you bypass the damn thing as they are a high failure item. SO if you replace it chances are that one will fail also some day. Many people including myself have bypassed the relay and we no longer have to worry about losing 12 VDC power to many of the house devices at the worst possible inconvenient time.

I have the same coach and have also replaced that relay. If it fails again I will do as DrFilm has done and just bypass it.

Nice. Have you by chance replaced any of your switches? I just ordered 6 new of the red indicator lights most of which for the wtr pump. But the switches are small and will take awhile to get use to there locations. Bezels are old and brittle too. 

F18AA2D3-33AE-4FE2-B764-49CF742174E0.jpeg

34 minutes ago, vito.a said:

It's in the front electrical run bay outside just below the drivers feet.  

Vito, His coach is a 2002 Windsor and they put all of what is in the photo inside the RRB on the passenger side.

Todd, I replaced a lot of the small 12 VDC switches with Carling Technology small 12 VDC switches which are better built and smoother to operate than what came on the coach from the factory. I also replaced all of the RED indicator lamps which are incandescent with RED LED ones I had purchased from the RV Repair shop in Wildwood Florida which Lazy Days now owns. I mainly bought those for all of the water pump indicators as those are on ALL the time 24/7 as we always leave the water pump on even though we are hooked to shore water because sometimes the shore water pressure will drop which then the onboard pump will kick on to supplement the pressure.

Edited by Dr4Film

1 hour ago, vito.a said:

It's in the front electrical run bay outside just below the drivers feet.  

Mine is in the rear engine compartment Electric panel passenger side.

I removed mine 15 years ago. Good riddance.

That's where his should be ?

Any jump wire will work

Turn your switch on at front door

Turn your radio up maybe half way

Leave your coach door open

Go to engine compartment and jump the domestic solenoid,  your radio should blare away..

Or try another back next to it.

Replacement is your choise.

It's your preference. 

NAPA has them in stock.

Cary extras 😉🤗

1 minute ago, tmw188 said:

Engine compartment, not the rear electric bay?

Open your engine compartment 

Look on the right side 

They , the solenoids will be facing you.

Mine is covered with a clear lexan sheet 

Engine compartment drivers side

Starter Solenoid20210608_193007.thumb.jpg.1d3493073bfda0f960fa89c29df929b2.jpg

Passenger side

Removed solenoids 

Sorry for glass reflection 

20210608_192953.jpg

20210608_192936.jpg

2 minutes ago, fredelkamp said:

Anybody know where this Battery Cut-Off Relay is in a 2008 Diplomat 36 PDQ? That thing has bit our butt to many times...

Don't you have a manual?

Electric schematic 

How did the repairs get done before ???

If it failed before 

15 minutes ago, John Haggard said:

Don't you have a manual?

Electric schematic 

If it failed before 

I don’t know if it failed before because I’ve only owned about two weeks now. I’m going thru some things that aren’t working. I do have a manual with the schematic that’s where I took the pic in the first post.  

26 minutes ago, John Haggard said:

Don't you have a manual?

Electric schematic 

If it failed before 

Now ( 2 ) seperat issues going ?  confused 😕 😀😃😄😁😉

33 minutes ago, John Haggard said:

Don't you have a manual?

Electric schematic 

If it failed before 

I have a manual but no Electric schematic and none in the download section, I have asked REV but no response yet. I can only wish it would fail because I would never fix it. That button has been pressed dozens of time accidentally.

On my '07 Holiday Rambler Endeavor it's in the outside compartment under the driver's side window.  Mine went out in February, I ordered from Amazon and replaced it, but also bought a 12-14 inch battery cable to bypass it while waiting for delivery of new solenoid.  I agree with others, if it fails again permanently bypass it.

Here is the preferred bypass....assuming you do not have ENOUGH slack to move one cable to the other side's stud and bond them together. If you use a longer one, you will run the risk of a small voltage drop.

I actually pulled mine out and ran the "house" side straight off the Blue Seas House Cutoff Switch....way less clutter and if I ever had to replace a component or the Blue Seas switch, I would have had to removed the idiotic relay (Solenoid) anyway...

NAPA P/N 781144
12" 4 Ga Cable with Eyes - Terminals
NAPA - Salesmans Switch Jumper Cable

Todd, you are looking at the wrong relay that I had stated in my very first post in this thread. That relay you have photos of above is the Battery Isolator Relay which combines the two separate battery banks, chassis and house, together in case your chassis battery gets too low to start the diesel engine.

The White-Rogers Relay just below that one is the Battery Cut-Off Relay which is attached to the useless "salesman switch" at the entry door.

Look at my photos that I had posted previously to see the difference between the two and where they are located.

• Like 1