This week went to change my fuel filters on my ISX 525.  It had fleet guard filters on it and I was replacing with the identical filters.  The primary filter was very hard to  get the thread started but I finally got it  on,  The secondary filter a FF2200 we could not get to thread on.  Both filters were made in Mexico.  So I went and bought a new filter which is a Donaldson.  It threaded right on no problem at all.  

I just wonder if the Mexican manufactured filters are now inferior to the older American made fleet guards.

I usually have filters and oil changes done by RV mobile lube but they have not been to our last 2 rallys,  Am leaving for South Dakota Tuesday so wanted everything serviced.

Bill D always advocated using Donaldson

"I just wonder if the Mexican manufactured filters are now inferior to the older American made fleet guards."?

I would say yes for at least the threads. Basic machine shop work. Someone/s not paying attention.

Now you have me worried about my recently purchased Fleet Guard from AMZ? Not the same filter PN though as yours. They are spares and will only need them while on the road or at next filter change. Made in Mexico STRATAPORE?  It appears maybe the Stratapore is for both 12&24 valve engines, verses the std Fleetguard are for 12 valve?

81E13A76-0BE5-4934-898A-26A0A6A86B38.jpeg

10DB40D9-E578-4B28-B430-5F54FBC25967.jpeg

Edited by tmw188
Added photo edit text

On 7/9/2021 at 2:12 PM, cbr046 said:

Did you pre-fill your filters or cycle the ignition switch several times to fill them?

- bob

Filled them with diesel

3 minutes ago, bobdinsmore said:

I wonder if the threads are metric??? 

Don' know. filter was same as one we took off.

Seemed like the thread pitch was not cut very deep.

Guest Ray Davis

HUM,  makes you wonder if the filter inside the can is as poorly made,  and I though the junk came from China.