Jump to content

2007 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ Hydraulic Oil Cooler, Filter and ATF


Recommended Posts

Hello,

My Hydraulic Oil Cooler needs to be replaced or repaired due to hairline leak in one of the welds. I tried to fix the leak by using JB Weld, but leak came out again after traveling more than 3,000 miles.  The welder is asking me to remove the cooler and bring it in to his shop. Since I am removing the cooler, I would like to change the three Drop In Hydraulic Oil Filter and the Dextron III ATF Fluid. I have been researching for the listed filter in the owner's manual CSG100P10A manufactured by MP Filtri. For some reasons, the search came up with a spin-on filters (as opposed to drop in). I can't find the drop in filter with the CSG100P10A part number.

Did anybody in the group have similar issue as mine? If so, where did you purchase the drop in filters? Is there a replacement part number for this?

Another question is Dextron III vs. Dextron VI. The manual recommends Dextron III. Can I use Dextron VI since it is available in my local Walmart.

I attached pictures of the hydraulic oil cooler leak, reservoir and copy excerpt from the owner's manual.

If the cooler cannot be repaired, does anybody know where I can buy the hydraulic oil cooler? There is no part number in the manual for the cooler and there is no markings in the cooler as well.

I would appreciate any direction I could get from the group.

Thanks....

2007 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ Hydraulic Oil Cooler Leak.jpg

2007 Monaco Camelot Hydraulic Oil Cooler 2.jpg

Diagram 1.jpg

Hydraulic Oil Reservoir.jpg

Manufacturer Part No..jpg

Newly JB Weld  Application.jpg

After traveling 3000 miles with JB Weld.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had my hydraulic cooler repaired twice failed both times. I ended up buying one at radiator supply house they shipped right to the campsite fast delivery highly recommend. I’m going on two years no problems.http://www.radiatorsupplyhouse.com/  In the two years that I had problems with it I bought a lot of Dexron 3 transmission fluid from Walmart. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I purchased the filters from RyderFleetProducts.com

Also purchase a new seal for the cover just to make sure.

As far as fluid, use either Dexron 3 or 4 for the reservoir which ever is easier to find.

1     V52 99955A      Filter gasket kit                         Stocking Item               4.70(ea)    4.70     

3     NEL 84101B      Filter hydraulic                          Stocking Item              10.29(ea)    30.87    

Edited by Dr4Film
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

I purchased the filters from RyderFleetProducts.com

Also purchase a new seal for the cover just to make sure.

As far as fluid, use either Dexron 3 or 4 for the reservoir which ever is easier to find.

1     V52 99955A      Filter gasket kit                         Stocking Item               4.70(ea)    4.70     

3     NEL 84101B      Filter hydraulic                          Stocking Item              10.29(ea)    30.87    

Thank you so much for these information. 

 

Do you happen to know the part number for the hydraulic oil cooler and where I can get it?  Just in case the cooler cannot be repaired.

 

Thanks..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, weighman695 said:

Do you happen to know the part number for the hydraulic oil cooler and where I can get it?  Just in case the cooler cannot be repaired.

No, mate! I only have part numbers for the radiator assembly for my 2002 Windsor side radiator stack.

I would guess that any good radiator shop could replicate the oil cooler in a days time or less.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

No, mate! I only have part numbers for the radiator assembly for my 2002 Windsor side radiator stack.

I would guess that any good radiator shop could replicate the oil cooler in a days time or less.

Thanks.

 

I just researched RyderFleetProducts.com.  It appears that they closed down back in 2020.

 

Any other vendor you can recommend?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I changed the hydraulic fluid and filter on our coach after we purchased it and refilled it with Valvoline DEX/MERC fluid.  It's $13.97 per gallon at Walmart and our system holds 50-55 qts.  It says:  For use where DEXRON*-III or a MERCON* fluid is specified

Valvoline DEX/MERC Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) 1 GA - Walmart.com - Walmart.com 

A couple of years later I rebuilt the hydraulic pump as it was leaking Allison Transynd from the trans into the hydraulic system.  This time I refilled with Valvoline Max Life Synthetic ATF.  It says it's 95% compatible with traditional Dex/Merc.  It also contains seal conditioner.  It's $17.97 at Walmart.  

Valvoline MaxLife Multi-Vehicle Full Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) 1 GA - Walmart.com - Walmart.com  

I can't help with the filter as ours uses a spin on type.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, vito.a said:

I changed the hydraulic fluid and filter on our coach after we purchased it and refilled it with Valvoline DEX/MERC fluid.  It's $13.97 per gallon at Walmart and our system holds 50-55 qts.  It says:  For use where DEXRON*-III or a MERCON* fluid is specified

Valvoline DEX/MERC Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) 1 GA - Walmart.com - Walmart.com 

A couple of years later I rebuilt the hydraulic pump as it was leaking Allison Transynd from the trans into the hydraulic system.  This time I refilled with Valvoline Max Life Synthetic ATF.  It says it's 95% compatible with traditional Dex/Merc.  It also contains seal conditioner.  It's $17.97 at Walmart.  

Valvoline MaxLife Multi-Vehicle Full Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) 1 GA - Walmart.com - Walmart.com  

I can't help with the filter as ours uses a spin on type.  

Thank you.  Ill buy the Valvoline DEX/MERC fluid to be consistent with the manual.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just replaced my filters and changed fluid. Fluid Dextron III (basically equivalent check label it will show the # your looking for) from Auto Zone. Filters from Modern Group $40.

Edited by tmw188
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2021 at 7:16 AM, Dr4Film said:

I purchased the filters from RyderFleetProducts.com

Also purchase a new seal for the cover just to make sure.

As far as fluid, use either Dexron 3 or 4 for the reservoir which ever is easier to find.

1     V52 99955A      Filter gasket kit                         Stocking Item               4.70(ea)    4.70     

3     NEL 84101B      Filter hydraulic                          Stocking Item              10.29(ea)    30.87    

Good pricing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, tmw188 said:

I just replaced my filters and changed fluid. Fluid Dextron III (basically equivalent check label it will show the # your looking for) from Auto Zone. Filters from Modern Group $40.

These are the filters installed in the reservoir.  I drained the hydraulic oil, but there is no part number identifying the filter.  I brought it with me to Auto Zone.  They can't figure out the part as well.

20210712_143156[1].jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a Cummins PN 84101B-20         Google it and there will be numerous options.

8670D3FD-E535-48ED-9C9A-AF5EB3552DA0.jpeg

Edited by tmw188
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, tmw188 said:

This is a Cummins PN 84101B-20         Google it and there will be numerous options.

8670D3FD-E535-48ED-9C9A-AF5EB3552DA0.jpeg

Thank you.  I just called Cummins here in Ventura California and they have it ion stock in three days.

 

Thanks again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...