Locating Speaker wiring

I'm working on outfitting stereo in the bedroom of my 2006 Monaco Camelot. I have an RCA cable behind the TV. It has Left Right and Video. There are two speakers over the bed that work independently from the house stereo. I'm trying to locate the amplifier between these two.

I've traced the RCA cabling under the bed and will continue looking around. I'm asking if anyone knows the location of low voltage wiring for the bedroom area. It will certainly save me time

A cable tracer might be money well spent in that case. They cost somewhere in the 25 to $40 range and are available at most home supply and electrical supply dealers. They will allow you to trace wires behind non conductive walls as well as helpingt o verify individual wires once you find the end.

17 minutes ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

Could the RCA cable left, right be a connection to the speakers over the bed. 

Gary 05 AMB DST

The Rca cables are for the sppeakers but they have to process through an amp at some point

My 06 Diplomat has 2 speakers in the bedroom that are factory wired to the main dash radio.  Make sure your dash radio is set to center and not front.  I added a small soundbar to my bedroom TV.  Make sure those RCA are hooked to output if looki g for speakers.   If hooked to input, then probably a DVD or vcr, etc...

My coach has Bose surround sound throughout. The bass is under the sink and speakers outside in a lower bay....but I have NO clue how they turn on......I have a remote for it but it's not turning on anything. I have this satellite thingermabob...(technical term) in the overhead front cabinet with all kinds of wires going to it....counting all of the video, tv and elec remotes earlier.....9 total.

I have been using the Actiontec  MY WIRELESS TV 2 from best buy and on line for a few years. Yes it Disconnects with power but reconnects easily enough. Sure was easier than running wires through my 24 ft slide having slack enough to move etc etc.  It a very viable solution.  

4 hours ago, Steven P said:

My 06 Diplomat has 2 speakers in the bedroom that are factory wired to the main dash radio.  Make sure your dash radio is set to center and not front.  I added a small soundbar to my bedroom TV.  Make sure those RCA are hooked to output if looki g for speakers.   If hooked to input, then probably a DVD or vcr, etc...

I have four speakers in the bedroom. 2 are connected to radio. 2 are connected to bedroom tv via RCA cables and an amp somewhere. The 2 with radio work fine. You're right. They are rear channel and only work when radio activates the rear channel.

Overall. Just not happy with the sound in this rig. I swapped the head unit and it helps. Planning a large up-fit with some quality amplification and speakers. Control is still up in the air.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have acquired a 2002 Monaco Diplomat very well kept inside and out.

I was not satisfied with the sound coming from The Kenwood radio in dash radio with CD  changer. Before going after the radio

I found that one of the 6 speakers in the coach was not working at all. I pulled that one speaker to find out why and found that it was completely dry rotted.

The other 5 were in the same condition they made noise but not sweet. I replaced all 6 with Pioneer TS-F1634R 6.5" 200W 2-Way Speakers they fit perfectly in the grilles.

The sound is great no need to change the radio. 

• Like 1

Cliff918,

Makes complete sense. Speaker technology is light-years ahead of the 2002 speakers.

I'm working now to replace all speakers, reposition the sub-woofer, add a new source (Head unit for TV), and streamline the wiring. Tracing and bypassing the Aladdin system is a bit of a chore but I'll live.