Overhead Cockpit Lights - On all the time??

LakeBob

Wondering why my the overhead cockpit lights on our,  new to us, 2009 Dynasty weren't working.  Removed lenses and found the bulbs had been removed.  

Turn off both switches, dash and passenger armrest, put in new LED bulbs and they light up without the switch turned on.  However, they are very dim, about 25%?, when I turn on either switch, I get full brightness, however when switched off, I get the dim mode.

Anyone have any ideas on this on?

Thanks!

If the LED bulbs are lighting up, even slightly, there is current flowing through them.
With halogens in there, that current will likely be higher, but still not high enough to make the filaments glow.

Either way, you're leaking battery power 24/7.

Something is leaking current through that circuit. If you have a multiplex system controlling lights, that's where I'd start looking.

1 hour ago, dl_racing427 said:

If the LED bulbs are lighting up, even slightly, there is current flowing through them.
With halogens in there, that current will likely be higher, but still not high enough to make the filaments glow.

Either way, you're leaking battery power 24/7.

Something is leaking current through that circuit. If you have a multiplex system controlling lights, that's where I'd start looking.

Thanks for the feedback, the lights are controlled by two separate cockpit switches, should be on the coach battery circuits.   I haven't tried halogens yet, will get my meter in there to see what's happening. 

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Mine does the same thing after putting LED's in it.  And ONLY this one light.  I decided to just leave it, it's a great night light for walking around at night.  Mine looks closer to just a small percentage of full brightness, less than 10%.  Is it a parasitic draw?  Yeah, one of many.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty

I think it might be related to the remote lock system.  As the light above the passenger come on when you unlock with the fob.  
I just went back to halogens.