Sewer Bay Questions

Adam_C

I've got a few questions about my sewer bay I hope some of y'all can answer. 

1) The access port to the outside for the sewer hose doesn't line up well with dump pipe. Has anyone else had this issue? How did you resolve it? 

2) What is the thing that's circled? 

3) Anyone else have a similar sewer hose storage that has broken? It appears the fascia/flange is one piece to the pipe so I'm not sure how to go about fixing it. My search for parts has proved fruitless so far. If anyone has dealt with this or has any ideas, I'd appreciate it. 

20220227_141716.thumb.jpg.bf008768c72c8c6f8bbc15ec800efb64.jpg

20220227_134800~2.jpg

The deck cover for the sewer hose doesn't line up correctly on my Windsor. Many coaches have the same problem. I have learned just to deal with it.

The circled item is a soap dispenser. The hose storage area is one thing I have never used on my coach EVER. My dumping equipment is stored in a clear storage container with a lid that goes into a storage slide next to my service bay.

33 minutes ago, Dwight Lindsey said:

I believe the thing that you circled is a soap dispenser

Dwight

Let me guess . . . . The paper towel dispenser gave it away?  Both are a nice touch.

And the cable TV jack, so you watch tv while dumping?  Ok, probably for hooking up to campsite pedestal, but strange location for it.

- bob

The round sewage hose storage tube is useless without modification. I removed the existing round tube because the fitting on the ends of the sewage hose wouldn't fit in the tube.

I removed the round tube,  then enlarge the opening to the size of the back square panel (with circular opening) using a cutoff wheel. I then purchased a 4" square pvc fence post cover with cap on the other end and installed it in place of the round tube. It slides right over the 2 sides on the existing square box and held in place like the round tube.

The enlarged size allows stowage of any sewage hose. If you make the tube the fill width of the vehicle you can get 2 section of hose in it. Hope this helps to solve some of your problem.

20220227_133015.jpg

As too the pass through port being off, I would get a 1"-2" larger size port and enlarge the hole to the right. This will center up the larger pass thru. You can easily cut the new, larger hole by hand if need be.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Old Dog said:

The round sewage hose storage tube is useless without modification. I removed the existing round tube because the fitting on the ends of the sewage hose wouldn't fit in the tube.

I removed the round tube,  then enlarge the opening to the size of the back square panel (with circular opening) using a cutoff wheel. I then purchased a 4" square pvc fence post cover with cap on the other end and installed it in place of the round tube. It slides right over the 2 sides on the existing square box and held in place like the round tube.

The enlarged size allows stowage of any sewage hose. If you make the tube the fill width of the vehicle you can get 2 section of hose in it. Hope this helps to solve some of your problem.

20220227_133015.jpg

As too the pass through port being off, I would get a 1"-2" larger size port and enlarge the hole to the right. This will center up the larger pass thru. You can easily cut the new, larger hole by hand if need be.

Unless your pipe is running up hill, should put a drain hole in the end cap or the bottom side.

Gary 05 AMB DST

49 minutes ago, Wrayj1 said:

Apparently when Holiday Rambler/Monaco told the workers to put the port under the 3 inch dump port they said get it close, I also replaced mine with a 10 inch boat port that allows the bayonet fitting to hook to the 3 inch dump port.

Where did you get the boat port? I have the same “get it close” situation. I have to use a very old, almost worn out sewer hose. I purchased a new one but can’t use it. I also have a clear 45 connector but it just magnifies the misalignment. 

34 minutes ago, tomevansfl said:

Where did you get the boat port? I have the same “get it close” situation. I have to use a very old, almost worn out sewer hose. I purchased a new one but can’t use it. I also have a clear 45 connector but it just magnifies the misalignment. 

I was looking at this one from DPI Marine, part number DPPULL8PW

On 3/5/2022 at 1:59 PM, Adam_C said:

I just ordered it. Not sure what to tell you... 

I guess Amazon was holding stock in there warehouse but when I went to the DPI website there was a long letter explaining what happened and there were no links to any of the products.

i did found a 10” marine inspection port on Amazon. When I place my next order I  am considering ordering it and enlarge the hole with a Dremell. I can get the hose (typical CAMCO brown hose with orange connectors) attached; it just pushes against the edge of the opening enough to deform it a small amount.

• 1 month later...

It never fails with this group that I find out I am not unique in my MC experiences. I too have a discharge pipe that does not quite line up with the deck plate. I am glad to be inspired now to install a larger one. 

Upon looking I am still trying to find a deck plate that had a small slide type opening in the cover to pass the drinking water hose through. MC installed a 3" deck plate to push the water hose through and I usually need to stuff two towels around it to keep critters out. Sheez..

Any ideas/links ??

Thanks Ken

You can do this. Also, you can do that for the power cord and the water hose in another one.

R V Deck Fitting Plug 2 of 3.jpg

R V Deck Fitting Plug 3 of 3.jpg

On 2/27/2022 at 3:33 PM, Old Dog said:

20220227_133015.jpg

Good job. A bunch of full timers at a FMCA Rally in Pomona, Ca. did that back in 2006. There were 6 of us. 2 days to do all.

A great sourse for those deck fittings;  https://www.westmarine.com/

On 2/27/2022 at 3:33 PM, Old Dog said:

20220227_133015.jpg

That looks like a great place to store my folding ladder, thanks for the idea!

On 4/11/2022 at 6:12 AM, Paul A. said:

You can do this. Also, you can do that for the power cord and the water hose in another one.

R V Deck Fitting Plug 2 of 3.jpg

R V Deck Fitting Plug 3 of 3.jpg

Good job. A bunch of full timers at a FMCA Rally in Pomona, Ca. did that back in 2006. There were 6 of us. 2 days to do all.

A great sourse for those deck fittings;  https://www.westmarine.com/

Great Idea using the plungers. Cheap and effective!!