STUCK!

Kjungles

10 hours ago, Ivan K said:

Yes it does, thats why I thought of it. I carry a 80k breaking lbs bungee in the hummer just in case I might need it off road and was imagining that it could be used for some light case of getting stuck with the coach too as we do a lot of boondocking when possible. The bungee ropes can help to do quite incredible recoveries even when pulled with a smaller vehicle because of the spring action. 

That's a good idea! We Jeepers appreciate it when we have to get y'all unstuck.

Gary 05 AMB DST

3 hours ago, Ivylog said:

Would like to see a picture or link to it…80K bungee. You can’t break a 1” nylon 3 strand 100’ rope with a PU truck starting bumper to bumper … 24K breaking strength.

Yeah, I have overrated the rope, got it at some Colorado outfit few years back but there is a Smittybuilt 60k rope available online. Still a huge overkill.

1 hour ago, Ivan K said:

Yeah, I have overrated the rope, got it at some Colorado outfit few years back but there is a Smittybuilt 60k rope available online. Still a huge overkill.

I did find some 2” ones that were rated that much. I was surprised to see they were all braided ones that do not stretch near as much as the 3 strand twisted ones. A full size PU can’t get going fast enough in 100’ to break a 1” nylon rope…I’ve tried.

11 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

I did find some 2” ones that were rated that much. I was surprised to see they were all braided ones that do not stretch near as much as the 3 strand twisted ones. A full size PU can’t get going fast enough in 100’ to break a 1” nylon rope…I’ve tried.

I believe mine is only 30 feet long, still in the bag on roof rack along with the rope shackles, boards and stuff. Hope to never need it for myself but it's there.

20210504_141310.jpg

1 hour ago, Gary Cole said:

I've been toying with the idea of buying a set of mud and snow tires like the loggers and dump truck operators use around here for those trips when I'm feeling adventurous. I'm been told that you can plow a wet field with them.

The noise would be outrageous.  I had an all terrain type tire on the old gasser.  Never noticed the noise . . . over the V10.  Still got stuck (more than once). 

- bob

Guest sunriseranch2000

As many of you know we have had three Dynastys. '04, 05, 08. On one trip to Washington we took the '04 to all the San Juan  islands on the ferries. One island we were instructed to park overnight in a campground that was all grass. Yep, sank tight in and to boot listing to starboard 20 degrees. Went to the office and was told there was no tow truck on the island but the sewer sucker truck would be there the next day. Spent the night jammed in the bed because of the list. Next day no sewer truck, Another night, no sewer sucker truck the third day. Went to the town and got two guys with pickups to hook up to our MDX and all  three vehicles pulling I was able to back out to hard ground. Those were the days my friends!

The third and last Dynasty was being towed 100 mile to a Cummins shop. The bus lift on the front wheels broke and the Dynasty was dropped on to the reach back bar and broke up the fiberglass on both sides and the generator door. The tow driver then hooked to the solid front axle using a nylon strap tor secure it. On a tight downtown turn the nylon strap broke and the axle fell off the reach back and bent the stairs tweaked the frame and related steering gear. Three months of repairs and it would not steer or handle correctly. Oh by the way just before the trip I had been to Van Williams place and we installed the front Watts linkage. I also added the X braces to the drive axle. The Dynasty we loved was ruined so we traded it in a a 2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus.

After going through that Bus and then having two more 2018 Allegro Buses built for us we finally have a decent motor home. I was on the factory floor the whole time Bus two and three were built. I got to be the QC guy and caught all kinds of errors. Again those were the good old days!

Bob and Sunny Penland