Guest Ray Davis

Is the engine running ok, and just a warning light?   Sometimes low coolant can turn the light on.  I have had mine come on when coming down a mountain,  I guess my  RPMs were getting a little to high.   My light would stay on until I turned the key off and started again then it always went off.

I don't believe it ever threw a code though.

Edited by Ray Davis

There should be an engine diagnostic switch on the dash (at least there is in our 2003 Endeavor / ISC) and a procedure on how to use it in the Cummins manual (maybe Dynasty manual also).  Count the flashes. 

- bob

Mine has been on steady for 3 years. The worse part is occasionally it does not come on. Had it into the shop twice for way more money than I should have spent seeing as they never found the problem. I have about given up. If you ever figure it out please advise us. 

Thanks Ken

• 3 weeks later...

We had the low coolant light come on sporadically - a Cummins mechanic fixed the issue by cleaning the electrode that goes into the reservoir.  Reached in with a file and cleaned off the electrode from the filler hole.  Warning light is gone.