Bathroom Exhaust/Ceiling Fan

powersltc

It probably came with Fantastic Fan. Call them. Why do you need to replace it.  Their tech support is good and parts are readily available.

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2022 at 1:22 PM, powersltc said:

Ron P., 2004 Monaco Executive 

Looking for any recommendations/suggestions on bathroom ceiling fan replacement. 

Ron P.

If it's a Fantastic Fan, they got bought out by dometic.   When my FF died, I replaced it with a Maxxfan.  It will fit in the same opening, is much quieter, and has many more features then the old FF did.  Instead of the wall mounted switch, it has a wireless remote.

9 hours ago, windsorbill06 said:

If it's a Fantastic Fan, they got bought out by dometic.   When my FF died, I replaced it with a Maxxfan.  It will fit in the same opening, is much quieter, and has many more features then the old FF did.  Instead of the wall mounted switch, it has a wireless remote.

Glad it worked out.

One comment for those that have the Mini-Multiplex (typically Camelot/Scepter) and the full Multiplex (Dynasty/Imperial) systems (where the key pad lights up and you can dim your incandescent lights) AND IF you have your fan switches on a Multiplex Keypad, then that is a RELAY controlled option and the FAN SWITCH toggles ON and OFF the power. There is NO Switched (mechanical ON/OFF) switch that can straight wired so that the fan, if desired, can be operated wirelessly full time.

On some of the original FF installations, there was, I THINK, power run directly to the fan and then a switch leg to the switch, thus you had fused 12 VDC power at the fan.

However, on the Multiplex system, there is (could be....it varies)  a down stream relay panel, often hidden behind a panel, that provides the power to the fan.  Just be aware of this and look at your prints or do some VOM probing and exploration. These relay panels, if used, were to diversify the load.  SO be aware.

We have had instances where Monaco overloaded certain of the Latching Relay or Relay Output Modules and the Multiplex would not function properly. 

13 hours ago, windsorbill06 said:

Is the remote the only way to operate the fan?

Last thing I want is another remote to hunt for 😖!

Finding those hidden relays might be a challenge on the 08 & 09 Camelot and Scepter coaches, and I believe the Beaver Contessa.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so a few pictures from the toilet room, where Monaco installed the Intellitec modules.

I added the stick-on labels to the relays, for future reference  

E79C7A10-37BE-4662-88FF-20A85F1F1405.jpeg

FFF1754C-3D07-4092-8F0B-16594A9222BD.jpeg

BB3A0FEE-184C-40B7-A0F7-BD99A6FC4D5F.jpeg

3357C9D7-5474-4D08-B5EF-7C0C2359D00C.jpeg

C40FA6D3-08A1-488E-B70B-6CDB091FEC72.jpeg

• Thanks 1

My  fans do NOT rely on the multiplex at all.  totally separate system.  What Harry has posted looks like my intellitec, but the fans are not part of this. 

Ben,   They come with a remote holder.  I mounted mine on the wall where the old FF switch was.  I had 12 volt at the ceiling fan, so it was an easy swap out for me.  The fan also has switches, so you can control most functions from it too.  Remote is much easier, however.

The remotes are very directional.  I only have 1 maxxfan, but I  have read you can use 1 remote for multiple fans without activating the wrong fan---that would be a pain, if it did.

The OP has a 2004 Executive.  Higher up the 'food chain' then my 06 Windsor, but also a little older.  Maybe he or someone here has a similar coach and can tell us how it's wired.

Edited by windsorbill06

Ah!

The remote holder might give us a fighting chance of keeping it where it belongs!

We were just away on a weekend trip and the two of us spent over 2hrs hunting down where Sharon had stashed away one of those butcher block kitchen knife holders 😕!

My fans are on the Intellitec system like Harry's.

Edited by 96 EVO

43 minutes ago, Happycarz said:

Finding those hidden relays might be a challenge on the 08 & 09 Camelot and Scepter coaches, and I believe the Beaver Contessa.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so a few pictures from the toilet room, where Monaco installed the Intellitec modules.

I added the stick-on labels to the relays, for future reference  

E79C7A10-37BE-4662-88FF-20A85F1F1405.jpeg

FFF1754C-3D07-4092-8F0B-16594A9222BD.jpeg

BB3A0FEE-184C-40B7-A0F7-BD99A6FC4D5F.jpeg

3357C9D7-5474-4D08-B5EF-7C0C2359D00C.jpeg

C40FA6D3-08A1-488E-B70B-6CDB091FEC72.jpeg

Thanks for the informative post as well as the pictures.  I have ALWAYS wondered WHERE the slide lockout relay was located.  I have actually “tested” a bypass for it as a backup in case I ever needed it.  The reason - I have my hydraulic slides on a Blue Seas 2 battery selector switch and use the Chassis battery as it has no voltage drop and my house has about 0.5 VDC drop….which is erratic and despite 2 days of testing….elusive,  

GREAT INFO….

Tom, next time at your motorhome, pull F18 in your front run bay to see if your slides work with the key on, like my coach.

That fuse controls the relay. I have not tested if it disables the coil, or interrupts the #30 terminal on that relay, though.
Hmmm, something else to do when I’m in there next time!

My apologies to Ron, the OP. I hope you have a satisfactory answer to you question, as this thread is getting off subject.

To Ben. I leave the fuse in mine, although I had the urge to figure out how the slide disable worked.  Some years Monaco's had to have engine running (key on) for the slides to work. So, as long as you are careful, I should say your passengers are careful, you should have no issues with the fuse out.