Wet bay heater and fan

Paul Busch
Go to solution Solved by Ivan K,

2 minutes ago, Jdw12345 said:

So does the heat exchanger in the wet bay heat the wet bay from the engine traveling down the road if the Aqua Hot is off?

Yes, mine would blow whatever temperature the AH is at when it's adjustable thermostat closes its contacts. So yes, the engine will indirectly heat the AH fluid through its loop. All independent from the interior thermostats.

24 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Yes, mine would blow whatever temperature the AH is at when it's adjustable thermostat closes its contacts. So yes, the engine will indirectly heat the AH fluid through its loop. All independent from the interior thermostats.

Thanks Ivan!     so,  if you turn the thermostat to furnace mode, will heat come from the furnace vents and get its heat transferred in the same way as the wet bay heater?

1 hour ago, Jdw12345 said:

Thanks Ivan!     so,  if you turn the thermostat to furnace mode, will heat come from the furnace vents and get its heat transferred in the same way as the wet bay heater?

Jeff, I hope I understand the question right.... but, the engine loop will heat the AH boiler fluid while driving and that heat will also be used to heat the interior registers if so selected by turning furnace ON. It may or may not produce enough heat but it will try. Best to try it by yourself since we know how different these things could be and I can only talk for what I have.

My goodness Ivan K, thanks I will look for it tomorrow.

I think the zone shorting out my controll board is the living room and kitchen 3 heaters label zone 5 on the board. I didn’t even know there was zone 5. I have them disconnected and the board is holding up. One green and one white go to 3 heaters and 1 green and one white go to thermostat. They are all 12 wire and I don’t know which is which. Tomorrow’s project to figure out pairs, where they go and what is shorted. More fun😝

19 hours ago, Paul Busch said:

My goodness Ivan K, thanks I will look for it tomorrow.

I think the zone shorting out my controll board is the living room and kitchen 3 heaters label zone 5 on the board. I didn’t even know there was zone 5. I have them disconnected and the board is holding up. One green and one white go to 3 heaters and 1 green and one white go to thermostat. They are all 12 wire and I don’t know which is which. Tomorrow’s project to figure out pairs, where they go and what is shorted. More fun😝

Your AH system SHOULD be on a print.  The interior HVAC units and the thermostats are there.  I THINK that the AH circuits are also there.  If not, then there was a separate AH print showing the circuits and the “leads” from the HVAC a modules that turned on the AH zones.  All the AH units in 2005 were wired the same for the Dynasty, Imperial, Executive and Signature.  The Sig may have had some options, but overall, the harnesses were the same for all 4 models.  If you don’t have prints, contact David Pratt.  I’m almost certain he had an electronic copy of his 2005 Exec prints.  @David Pratt.  Look him up and PM him.

OK….here are the files….

There you go…..

How does the old line go....."How many ways do I love thee....let me count the......".

Here is my print.  BUT, in reality, I have to translate to make it work. The AH Zone # is the One called out in the AH panel (the Thermostat and Fans).

AH Zone 1 - WIRED per the Print.  EXCEPT.  MEMORY....my Bedroom is SMALLER as I have a 40 Footer.  I only have ONE AH register in the bedroom proper.  There IS one under the cabinet that contains the Washer/Dryer and that is in the Hallway.  Remember I do NOT have a ZONE 2 and it is on the Road Side....inside the COMMON wall (on the right as you walk in ) with the Dryer and cabinet.  As BEST I can remember....,>> You can see that AH register UNDER the W/D and it is VENTED or blows into the Bedroom.  NOW....I do have one under the Vanity in the hallway.  SO, I guess that the Front and Rear Bedroom units....there are TWO, are in this zone.  I have never played around to see....but they BOTH put out heat.

AH Zone 2 - OK....I ain't GOT NO ZONE 2 HVAC.  So the Bathroom Heater (2 speed switch) is wired into the Zone 1 System.  When the REAR comes on....it probably turns on all three of them.....Never pulled the AH panel to check.  BUT, I DO know that when the AH Zone 3 (bedroom) is in furnace....you can also get HEAT in the Bathroom.

AH Zone 3....NONE....per the print...

AH Zone 4 - Bay Heat Exchanger.  It WILL WORK or RUN even if no unit is in the FURNACE mode....assuming that the AH is on.  And if you have the Electric on, it will marginally, per another member's report, work to keep the bay area SAFE.  It was 23 Deg and his 08 Camelot Service Bay "in use" light never came on....so the electric heater thermostat NEVER came on.... SOME systems (07 Dynasty for instance) has to have the Bedroom Zone in Furnace Mode...  NOW, I have the el CHEAPO DELUXE snap disk on the floor, not the NICE Capillary tube bulb thermostat (adjustable) in the print.  Maybe if it dies....I will put one in...as long as I am winterizing...I am OK...

AH Zone 5. EXACTLY like the print.  I have an upfront (under the two draw center cabinet) register and one on the smaller Road Slide (about midway between the sink and the cook top (cabinets underneath).

That's it.  I THINK (memory) that is correct.  SO, I have the SAME number of Zones as you do and as the print calls out, but the lack of a HVAC Zone 2 Thermostat requires the Bathroom (2 speed) to be on the rear HVAC (Zone 3) system.

Hope this answers your questions....Pull up the print.  I have a two monitor setup on my laptop docking station so I can type and look and trace....

Aquahot and thermostats.pdf

2 hours ago, Paul Busch said:

Tom, I am having trouble opening your PDF.di I need to do something special?

It may be on the bottom left of your screen. Need to click on it.

Tom, it looks like you have 6 total heat exchangers. I have 6 heat exchangers, only, there all in the living area level.

Perhaps Monaco figured my two bathroom heat exchanger would radiate enough heat down, to keep the wet bay warm (which they appear to be doing). Doesn't really explain the wiring harness down there, but apparently wiring harnesses' are pre-made for all floorplans.

Edited by 96 EVO

Thanks guys. I think I have it figured out. I have to see where the short is and find how the thermostat is wired. I can power the fans and find if a short is in that circuit back in the wet bay but not sure how to check the thermostat with out blowing it up. When it comes to electrical I am an amazing carpenter/home builder. 
I will look for the wet bay heater tomorrow. 
Happy New Years Everyone

paulb

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Paul Busch said:

Tom, I am having trouble opening your PDF.di I need to do something special?

If you PM me, I can attach the PDF to that.  Otherwise, save the file or download it.  Then open your Adobe reader and then use the manual “FILE; OPEN” tab.

10 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

It may be on the bottom left of your screen. Need to click on it.

Tom, it looks like you have 6 total heat exchangers. I have 6 heat exchangers, only, there all in the living area level.

Perhaps Monaco figured my two bathroom heat exchanger would radiate enough heat down, to keep the wet bay warm (which they appear to be doing). Doesn't really explain the wiring harness down there, but apparently wiring harnesses' are pre-made for all floorplans.

From the old NASA days…..Houston, I THINK we have a problem…..or maybe more correctly,  Houston, we have FOUND  the problem.  YES…I have (memory) FIVE interior modules and one EXTERIOR (wet bay).  Unless your prints are different…..the drawing I posted works on the 2 or 3 AC (40 or 42 ft) units.  You just have to “know” that I don’t have a Zone 2 middle and the 2 speed bathroom unit works off the Zone 3 signal.

Don’t ask me WHY, Monaco decided to make sure your tootsies were warm and toasty and not to worry about your wet bay.  If you have the fancy adjustable capillary tube thermostat, which is not connected to anything, some folks would like to buy it here.

My only advice…..if you have NOT upgraded your Cargo Heater (electric toaster), then download the file and do it…..assuming you might need it.  Otherwise, buy a metal trouble light and get a 60 watt bulb and a plug in freeze protection thermostat….

Good Luck…

1 hour ago, 96 EVO said:

Nope, no thermostat down there. Just the wiring for one, coiled up with the wiring for the heat exchanger fan!

For aux heating, I have a 250w 120v space heater plugged into a thermo-cube.

Good to go.  Great idea….sorry about Monaco’s omission….