Alternate source for norcold 1200LRIM control board

Jerry G
Go to solution Solved by Dr4Film,

Moderator Comment.

There were duplicate posts time stamped within a minute.  This is against the Forum’s rules.  The two have been combined.  Please to not duplicate post or if an accident, notify a moderator.  End of Moderator comment.

I dont heed to hear about switching to a res refer.

Have amish cooling unit.  Works great, 6 yrs. Control board went bad, temp stuck at 41°.

Had control board, brow, temp sensor and fans replaced.

Randomly, 10, 7, 1 day power will turn off. Happens on electric and propane.

Brow will occasionally will give a AC/RE code. 20% of instances.

Been looked at by a Tech, everything checks ok. Norcold refuses to replace the control board under warranty, claiming my inverter is randomly sending bad power.

Does anyone know of another source for a replacement board, or a solution to my issue.

Go to eBay.  You use “Norcold 1200 control board” for search.  Lots of them….you need the PN but most are “New”.  Start Googling the board PN also.  Good luck.  Glad your Amish’s working out.  Not too many conversion success stories here….but most were a matter of shoddy install and not sealing and insulating…

15 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

Go to eBay.  You use “Norcold 1200 control board” for search.  Lots of them….you need the PN but most are “New”.  Start Googling the board PN also.  Good luck.  Glad your Amish’s working out.  Not too many conversion success stories here….but most were a matter of shoddy install and not sealing and insulating…

I have the air compressor version, and I am very happy with it. I guess I’m one of the success stories.

So Jerry i have heard with the Amish conversion you can get the 12volt or the 110volt, which one do you have? If its the 12 volt model how do your batteries hold up? I have concidered if the day comes i have to make a decision to convert or replace.

Thanks for all the input.

For those interested. I have the 120v from JC.

Keeps freezer at 0 and frig at 33 set on 4 and 75 degrees outside. Rarely have had to turn it up beyond 6 in warmer temps. I do have it under our awning.

• 2 weeks later...

First thank you to the many who have provided info and knowledge over the years.

I guess I finally understand the strong recommendations to go res.

The JC unit has been great for 5 yrs.

But I have had nothing but problems for the past 3 months with misc parts remaining on the norcold. Changed  board, brow, fans and thermostat and the unit randomly would power off, after as many as 10 days. Had 4 days to find one, get it delivered and installed b4 heading up to the mountains.

So, I had it yanked.  

Window came out and back in, easy. Doors off both units, slid in and out with ease.

For those interested went with Whirlpool 2 door 14.3cuft , took off handles, model

WRT314TFDB  

$749 on sale for $599 at Lowes. Smaller than space, requiring no mods. Had to buy icemaker as an add on, @$100.

Be sure u have room for door swing.

Again, thanks.