Radiator grill

Hello, I have a 2006 beaver patriot thunder. And one of the fins off my Radiator grill fell off while traveling through Oklahoma. I’ve looked on this forum and other forums and can’t find anybody that’s had this issue. Thanks Kevin 

IMG_1263.jpeg

Bad solder joint, vibration, or something hit it.

You will likely have to fabricate something similar to make it cosmetic.

No real functional need.

HomeDepot stocks aluminum bars that might work.  You could try to thick epoxy it in so you don't need to heat the assembly to braze / solder it back the way the rest are.  Then, prime and paint.

Edited by DavidL

Our 2005 Exec has a different fin design (horizontal) but probably the same construction. Our fins are pop riveted to the grill frame. Every year since Bill D chastised me for not cleaning the radiator stack, I’ve pulled both grills off, and every year I’ve had to replace 3-5 pop rivets on loose fins. Never had a fin fall off, likely because our design has 3 connection points per fin.

I would think that it would be easy for the right fabricator to make a few new fins (although like hard to find the “right fabricator”). I’ve always assumed that if I couldn’t source a new fin, I’d find something that would work in a different shape and replace them all. But I’ve been lucky that my annual maintenance has caught them before falling off completely. 

Those fins look like a Roll Formed product.  RV salvage yards would be my 1st. pursuit for one, when ever i was in the area of one.  Too expensive to be a DOM process product. 

https://camperfaqs.com/rv-salvage-yards
https://bontragers.com

3 hours ago, Happycarz said:

Use one off one of the ends to replace the missing one. When you get a replacement, OE or fabbed, place it on the end. Doing such will male it less obvious that all the fins don’t match.

I was thinking of exactly the same thing - great suggestion!

• 2 weeks later...