Drain tube on Diplomat roof air units

bklaes
Go to solution Solved by 96 EVO,

Is it draining off of your roof? If you take off or open the air intake on your ceiling you can see the drains if they are there.

If anyone is curious, the LaPalma does NOT have them either. I was curious about this, after going up on the roof several weeks ago, and noticing that I was leaving somewhat muddy tracks on our white aluminum roof. I suppose Monaco figured that it was easier for the water to shed off of a radius roof, than it is to take the risk of a drain tube clogging, which makes sense. Funny enough, our 1976 Monaco Winchester (Class C) DID have a drain tube, and it was clogged when we bought it.

Edited by FLynes

Guest Ray Davis

It was probably a way of cutting costs and reserving the drains as an upgrade for the more expensive coaches.  JMHO

2 hours ago, FLynes said:

If anyone is curious, the LaPalma does NOT have them either. I was curious about this, after going up on the roof several weeks ago, and noticing that I was leaving somewhat muddy tracks on our white aluminum roof. I suppose Monaco figured that it was easier for the water to shed off of a radius roof, than it is to take the risk of a drain tube clogging, which makes sense. Funny enough, our 1976 Monaco Winchester (Class C) DID have a drain tube, and it was clogged when we bought it.

Don't worry, those of us that have internal roof drains, also have the condensate run off the roof when we are using them in heat pump mode!

• Like 1

2008 Knight drains across the roof too and drips off the front and rear of a drain channel that is created as part of the topper assembly.  Made streaks down the side of the coach until I used an adhesive caulk to secure a couple Camco drain spouts front and rear.

• Like 1

Surprising that HR/Monaco designs were so different year to year and model to model.  Owned a '98 Endeavor and now a '10 Neptune and both had/have drain tubing.  Also couldn't find duck bill outlets but plastic garden hose screens can be attached to the outlet to prevent bugs from entering/nesting.

• Like 1

My 02 Windsor PST has two units and both have drain hoses. If yours have them and water is running off the roof they could be clogged or you are out of level enough keep it from running to the drain tube. 

Edited by tmw188