Aladdin looking for 4 digit code?

willema
Go to solution Solved by David White,

Hi all -

Once again, I'm a newbie.

The Aladdin in the bedroom is looking for a 4 digit code.  Any ideas?

FYI - The red light is on the "joystick" for the Aladdin at the driver's seat.  I get nothing on the front screen.

Matt Willey

2005 Monaco Dynasty IV

• Solution

In you bedroom, have you tried to use the joystick?  I would toggle it to the left to get back to the main menu screen. The screen you are on now is asking for the 4 digit code, 1218, to set tank capacity, etc. Somehow, yours needs to get back to menu.
I can’t remember if the same screen is normally on front and BR.  

Edited by David White

I just went to the Aladdin in the bedroom and played with the joystick again.  It works!  Thanks everyone.  I don't know why.  It had asked for a 4 digit code.

The Aladdin screen by the driver seat is not working.  I need to look into that.

Thanks again.

Matt Willey

2005 Monaco Dynasty IV

• 6 months later...
On 9/4/2023 at 2:10 PM, willema said:

The Aladdin screen by the driver seat is not working.  I need to look into that.

Did you ever figure out what the issue was with the Aladdin by your driver seat?

My Aladdin system in the bedroom works great but the unit in the dash has quit working and is asking for a password/number.  The dash unit/display screen is actually a Kenwood radio with a flip up screen. It has always worked for me but not now. I think it may actually be asking for a security code for the Kenwood and not the Aladdin system.

Anyone else that may be familiar with this issue, please chime in.

Since the bedroom monitor mirror the front and the Aladdin is working in the BR I'm guessing somebody "dusted" the front touch screen monitor accidentally changing it's input to another source.  Try changing the input feed back to the Aladdin input.  Yours may be on the radio/CD changer input source and thinks you are try to set default audio settings.  Just a guess.  I've changed inputs accidentally more than once although never got a different password prompt from the audio side.

If the Kenwood itself is asking for a security code after being disconnected, you might find a default factory code on the net but if it was changed by previous owner, only a dealer can get a reset code from Kenwood with a proof of ownership.

5 hours ago, amphi_sc said:

Since the bedroom monitor mirror the front and the Aladdin is working in the BR I'm guessing somebody "dusted" the front touch screen monitor accidentally changing it's input to another source.  Try changing the input feed back to the Aladdin input.  Yours may be on the radio/CD changer input source and thinks you are try to set default audio settings.  Just a guess.  I've changed inputs accidentally more than once although never got a different password prompt from the audio side.

Thanks for everyone's replies. I have tried every code that has been suggested here and from other sources and many of my own guesses and nothing has worked.

How do I change the input feed back to the Aladdin input?

The first picture below is the pass word screen on the Kenwood unit in the dash. The other picture is the Aladdin screen in the bedroom.

PXL_20240330_192423239.jpg

PXL_20240331_193612638.jpg

Update to mystery Kenwood Pass Word/Code.

After hours of searching and guessing, I managed to find the original owner's name and phone number. I contacted him and he could not remember ever needing the code but he suggested trying a four digit code he has used for other devices and it worked for me. All is back to normal now.

• Like 1