Carefree Omega Slideout Awning. Looking for "Question Mark" arms. Thanks

I am looking for a source for the question mark arms used on the Carefree Omega topper awning. These awnings were used in the early 2000's as a combo slide out cover and window awning. Chris's company is out of stock for now and I would like to get my awning re-installed before his stock will be replenished. Any suggestions for a source or how to straighten the arms.

Frank O

01 Endeavor

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Carefree Omega Slideout Awning. Looking for "Question Mark" arms. Thanks
2 hours ago, timaz996 said:

Contact True Toppers as they remove them from rigs they convert over. I would guess they will give them to you. 

What's wrong with the 'S' brackets?  My PO removed them and I haven't seen how they work . . . . straps from the topper drum to the side of the coach is the best I can figure.  I'd love to find the right length straps. 

- bob

Those straps may have to be custom fitted to your slide. It depends where exactly the clips are on the side of the slide. The straps may need to be tweaked some to get the tension were you need it, especially if you have more than one strap or else you’ll have one strap doing more of the work. 

For the straps if you have someone who sews you can buy new strapping and make your own. Wife made all news straps for are 2001 Diplomat with the Omega awning arms as well as for the Patio Awning which had straps inside the arms that rolled it in and out. Don't remember the name of the awning but one of the Carefree models.

• Like 1

Some suggestions were interesting and others were off topic. The question was about the question mark arms and nothing to do with straps. Not sure how successful my solution will be as I have not re-installed the awning. I placed the arms on boards under my jacks with the portion of the arm that was bent over the gap between the two boards. I placed another small board over where the arm was bent and had my wife gentle bump the jack down as I watched. When the bend was removed I had her bump the jack one more time to slightly bend the arm the other way to allow for some spring back when the jack was released. I am thinking of reversing sides when I re-install the arms. Right arm on the left and left arm on the right. If this doesn't do the trick I will have to wait until Chris re-stocks his inventory. If I had not purchased a new cover from Stone Vos last summer I may have just replaced the entire awning with one that just covered the slideout.

Frank O

01 Endeavor