Air chuck

You can try and use the one next to the propane tank, it would work for filling a smaller tire and in a pinch work on the RV but you have to time it with the cycling of the compressor, which is controlled by the governor.  It should put out whatever the dash gauges put out. 

Personally I carry a small pancake compressor capable of 150 psi to top off tires. 

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who responded . I’m a retired carpenter  I did read the manual 6 years ago (but forgot some things) I have a PKD I don’t think it matters my air chuck is not next to the lp tank but my manual said it is and my manual said it only puts out 95psi because of a restriction valve and here’s the kicker I have two female chucks next to the generator both with black plastic caps and they look like they’re the same greater all this  I’ll go out and buy a pancake compressor 

the manual also said the fitting up front is a male for  the tow truck lol thanks again for jarring my memory this Monaco web site is very helpful I like it as much as YouTub

2 minutes ago, Wayne Thomas said:

the manual also said the fitting up front is a male for  the tow truck  

Yes, the tow truck fitting 'should' be a male.

The fitting Monaco supplied for you to use for tires etc, should be a female. 

Mine has no restrictor!

Ben I’m the third owner I don’t know what the other owners have changed one fitting has a valve behind it yes your right one should be a male I will have to trace the lines and figure out which one get the male but they both were place there from the factory they must of changed it in later years as far as the pressure goes it only makes sense to be able to fill your tires up I had my Rv weighted and I bumped the pressure up to the next setting on the tire chart 105 in front tires and 100 in rear 4 tires no tag

30 minutes ago, Wayne Thomas said:

Thanks to everyone who responded . I’m a retired carpenter  I did read the manual 6 years ago (but forgot some things) I have a PKD I don’t think it matters my air chuck is not next to the lp tank but my manual said it is and my manual said it only puts out 95psi because of a restriction valve and here’s the kicker I have two female chucks next to the generator both with black plastic caps and they look like they’re the same greater all this  I’ll go out and buy a pancake compressor 

the manual also said the fitting up front is a male for  the tow truck lol thanks again for jarring my memory this Monaco web site is very helpful I like it as much as YouTub

Fascinating that the MH's AC is being downrated.  Mine will go up to 125 or so...so I can top off my front tires at 115.  NOW, it don't happen without cycling on and off the compressor a few times.  Rears are easy...as the pressure is lower (100).  But yours would not even top them off...

OK....MYSTERY SOLVED.  The newer, or at least on my Camelot is a 130 PSI system.  Thus, per the manual, you CAN get pressures of 115 for filling tires.  In reality, I can get upwards of the low 120's.  You have to drain off the air (hear the governor kick in) and THEN immediately pump up the tire..  Then you quit....drain until Governor kicks....rinse and repeat.

I suspect that you can get a bit more than 95 PSI.  Monaco designed your system for 120 MAX....so they upgraded after a few years....finally figured out....you need to pump up the tires....and 115 is what you need.

I would TEST the system and see just how much PSI you can get out the MH on a front tire.  You ain't gonna blow it off the rim.

The 95 PSI sounds like a "weasel word" from an attorney or an over zealous Design Engineer....both of which have known to be "dangerous"

TEST and VERIFY....then you will know.  OTHERWISE, see what the MAX PSI is for the compressor and then swap out a governor....

OR, buy a small compressor....Mine is the RED ONE (brand can't remember) that Lowes used to sell. It WILL deliver 150 PSI...

Thanks Tom you know your Monaco’s 

How you ever heard of two fittings next to the generator? Why would someone remove the mail fitting this RV has had it share of problems from the leveling system to tracing a short in the tail light that took a while to find and removing the 3m coating on the front that should of come off well before I got it in 2017 but I got in real good shape I call it my 70 dodge charger I always wanted to buy and restore I put about 20000 in it I install a Pitt in my pole barn s I can get under it  a well built machine

I put an air chuck at the rear of the coach by installing a T at the petcock for draining the rear tank and for any air requirements at the rear of the coach. On a side note I removed the male end and went to the parts store and purchased the appropriate female end to fit the male that was on the coach at the time of manufacturing, that way I can air up the coach with shop air for whatever reason.

IMG_3134.jpeg

The male fitting is for the tow truck driver to supply air to the WET air tank on the coach to release the parking brakes and provide air for the air suspension system.  The female fitting supplies air from the DRY air tank to air up your tires. 

I have seen cases where a previous owner changes out the male fitting to a female fitting to air up tires from the WET air tank not realizing how the system was actually designed.

On 4/4/2024 at 4:47 PM, Wayne Thomas said:

I use a Ridgid 18 volt portable air tool, as it uses the same batteries as all my other Ridgid tools. It will fill my steer tires to 115 pounds, and is small enough to easily. store.