Dash air compressor

Hi all, first time posting and new comer here. I have searched to see if this was a topic already and have not found any information.  We bought a 2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38pst in December, and are loving it. We did buy it knowing the dash ac compressor was locked up(or the clutch.) I have been looking for a replacement with no luck. It is a Uniola UP-150. I have found some on ebay as used items and so sketchy ones saying they are replacements. Looking threw other forums I have learned that replacing the dryer is highly recommended.  If anyone can help me find these parts or has had luck with replacement with out the dealership doing the replacement.  Thanks in advance!

20240417_111903.jpg

20231217_120351.jpg

output_image1702832674938.jpg

I'm in the same boat . . . er, coach (2003 Endeavor).  My coach is headed to the shop today. 

Through my reading Unicla was bought out by Sanden, or signed an alliance . . . . .  The Unicla UP150, which is in our coach also, appears to be the same as a Sanden 4663.  I also read THERE ARE COUNTERFEIT compressors out there, so be sure to order from an authorized dealer, or direct from Sanden in Wylie Texas. 

Yes, you'll want to replace other parts also.  Metal pieces may (probably) be loose in the lines and parts.  It was recommended to flush the lines with a special refrigerant solvent vs just blowing them out with compressed air.  They may or may not make it through the condenser.  The compressor, drier, expansion valve and condenser are easy to replace.    I wouldn't want to  rip out the dash to replace the evaporator, or the hoses.  Just my opinion. 

If I could recover the refrigerant I would attempt the repair myself, but I couldn't find anyone that would come out and do the work on-site.  There's probably some HVAC owner-operators that could / would do it but I didn't research that.  None of the local automotive AC shops would touch it so off to the truck shop we go  (fingers crossed) 

Good luck and keep us posted. 

- bob

• Like 1

Morning everyone, 

I did find a great price for replacement Sanden 4663 compressor. https://zulueta-ac.com/shop-now/original-sanden-brand-new-a-c-compressor-with-clutch-co-4663 it is less then 200 with free shipping. I hope that helps others. I am still in search of a drier and expansion valve. Hopefully find someone who can flush my system  as cbr046 (Bob) has recommended.  Hopefully I don't have any metal in my evaporator.  Thank everyone for their replies and help. If anyone comes across crossover part numbers let me know. Biggest hurdle I think. Thanks again!

Brenner

3 hours ago, Endeavor04 said:

Morning everyone, 

I did find a great price for replacement Sanden 4663 compressor. https://zulueta-ac.com/shop-now/original-sanden-brand-new-a-c-compressor-with-clutch-co-4663 it is less then 200 with free shipping. I hope that helps others. I am still in search of a drier and expansion valve. Hopefully find someone who can flush my system  as cbr046 (Bob) has recommended.  Hopefully I don't have any metal in my evaporator.  Thank everyone for their replies and help. If anyone comes across crossover part numbers let me know. Biggest hurdle I think. Thanks again!

Brenner

Probably counterfeit.  Just sayin

http://www.sanden.com.sg:8082/

- bob

• Like 1

I replaced my UP-150  with the Sanden FLX7 If I recall correctly it had better specs and more flexibility especially with the the line mounting so it is now easier to get the gauges on and charge the system. Been 10yrs haven't even thought about it until now. 

• Like 1