Windsor 330 ICS Muffler

My muffler rotted out, so I did some research and Summit racing list a muffler for my coach WKL-21969.
this muffler is a little small on the round diameter, but without taking the old one apart I figure that the clamps will tight around. I was wrong.

The way the clamps are installed on my coach will not adjust to a muffler that is not 11" in diameter.

The intake is a little off, but it could work, The exhaust is not centered, so it all is a waste of time and $25 + in return shipment.

So I am looking in the internet to a muffler with the exact dimensions and I found out this one:

https://shop.findmyrvparts.com/monaco-rv-muffler-27-inch-x-11-inch-26330N-p/190242.htm?gclid=CjwKCAjw9vn4BRBaEiwAh0muDJOst9YqyIOknw_h5zUsgFwxwY-hcGpBkrINU1Vkod2hSqpKpU07DxoCIbUQAvD_BwE&click=3309&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=shoppingengine

At $385 it is acceptable, but they want $56.00 in shipping and will not accept that I will give my business FedEx account, they could pack it and give it to them but I am guessing they making money in the shipping too.

So I found this muffler:
https://triplertruckparts.com/m065044-donaldson-muffler/

At $152.00 and free shipping it is much better deal.

Now, I had an auto repair business for 30 years and I worked on cars for 40 years so I know that not all exhaust parts are no made equal. The life of this muffler may not be the same as the original, I am sure that will not be, but I can buy two of this one for less of one of Veuwrink's. Even though it looks pretty much like the original..

So that is my info on exhaust. I know some of you made modifications but I always tried to install original or perfect fit.

William

I live in the Atlanta area. Last year when my muffler rusted out I went to Jacks Diesel and Truck Service in Marietta, Ga. They got an exact fit from a truck Parts place and installed it for about $400 out the door. I have a 2000 Dip.

Bob U

Our founder, Bill D, was always a major proponent of Aero Turbine Mufflers. I haven't had to replace mine as yet but plan to use the Aero Turbine muffler when I do. The one that you have linked to is certainly looking like an OEM replacement.

About 4 years ago It was time for a new exhaust system.

I got everything I needed from NAPA 4 miles down the road. 

Except the Aero Turbo  resonator 

Instead of using a muffler 

I ordered a stainless Resonator for about $125.

So new flexible tubing, new elbow and resonator for under $300.

Time, 3 hours start to finish parked in a campground.

Edited by John Haggard
Added technical details

Reading the spec. On the two muffler the inlet and outlet are different the first one say the inlet & out are 4” the other one say 2.5” . I would call tripletruck parts.

? Is your muffler 4” side inlet  and the outlet also 4” 

page 98  list muffler for Cummins model and hp  

https://www.donaldson.com/content/dam/donaldson/engine-hydraulics-bulk/catalogs/Exhaust/North-America/F110028-ENG/Exhaust-Product-Guide.pdf

3 hours ago, Pampero said:

My muffler rotted out, so I did some research and Summit racing list a muffler for my coach WKL-21969.
this muffler is a little small on the round diameter, but without taking the old one apart I figure that the clamps will tight around. I was wrong.

The way the clamps are installed on my coach will not adjust to a muffler that is not 11" in diameter.

The intake is a little off, but it could work, The exhaust is not centered, so it all is a waste of time and $25 + in return shipment.

So I am looking in the internet to a muffler with the exact dimensions and I found out this one:

https://shop.findmyrvparts.com/monaco-rv-muffler-27-inch-x-11-inch-26330N-p/190242.htm?gclid=CjwKCAjw9vn4BRBaEiwAh0muDJOst9YqyIOknw_h5zUsgFwxwY-hcGpBkrINU1Vkod2hSqpKpU07DxoCIbUQAvD_BwE&click=3309&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=shoppingengine

At $385 it is acceptable, but they want $56.00 in shipping and will not accept that I will give my business FedEx account, they could pack it and give it to them but I am guessing they making money in the shipping too.

So I found this muffler:
https://triplertruckparts.com/m065044-donaldson-muffler/

At $152.00 and free shipping it is much better deal.

Now, I had an auto repair business for 30 years and I worked on cars for 40 years so I know that not all exhaust parts are no made equal. The life of this muffler may not be the same as the original, I am sure that will not be, but I can buy two of this one for less of one of Veuwrink's. Even though it looks pretty much like the original..

So that is my info on exhaust. I know some of you made modifications but I always tried to install original or perfect fit.

William

William

Try this web site. dynaflexproducts.com  They are the largest manufacturer of Class 8 truck exhaust components in the U S A. Great  product catalog. I purchased a Resonator from them, thru a distributor. At that time it had the best back pressure specifications. Most Class 8 truck Brand service entity's are distributors. 

Paul A

3 hours ago, Onthego said:

Reading the spec. On the two muffler the inlet and outlet are different the first one say the inlet & out are 4” the other one say 2.5” . I would call tripletruck parts.

? Is your muffler 4” side inlet  and the outlet also 4” 

page 98  list muffler for Cummins model and hp  

https://www.donaldson.com/content/dam/donaldson/engine-hydraulics-bulk/catalogs/Exhaust/North-America/F110028-ENG/Exhaust-Product-Guide.pdf

Gee, Thanks, I made a mistake, the price was right but the specs are wrong.

I called Dynaflex, but I will need an OEM part number to have them cross out.

19 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

I have the parts breakdown for my exhaust system.  It shows the OEM part number as 2633ON but it does not give the vender. 

1 Exhaust System.pdf 50.59 kB · 0 downloads

I am not so sure about this, Veurink's says that 2000 and 2002 Windsor are using the same exhaust muffler, but your picture shows a different one. What engine is in your coach?

Thank you for the info.

I have the 8.3L  350 ISC. 

The parts page is from the Monaco website that could be accessed by RV maintenance people.  Back in 2010, while they were in bankruptcy, they left a back door open.  When I got on line I downloaded ~100 of pages similar to this.  I have no reason to doubt it is not correct, I've used this to research and buy parts without a problem.   It is somewhat generic for the model year as some pages will have part number changes based on build date and coach number.

The Chinese muffler has 2.5" in/outlets, the expensive one has 4"

The Chines muffler is not catalytic, the expensive one is a catalytic muffler.

Seems you missed these points?

When my muffler rusted through I replaced it with a straight piece of 4" tubing.  Much cheaper and more permanent.

Actually I replaced the entire exhaust system except for the stainless tailpipe, but with no muffler I can only slightly tell the difference in sound from the drivers seat.

Outside it is noticeable, but not obnoxiously loud.  You can hear the turbo though.