Jump to content

2000 Dynasty Framing Photo


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Found my old infrared camera today after it went “missing” for year and a half.  Had to play with it a bit yesterday evening. 

This photo is the side of our 2000 Dynasty York showing the warmer framing beneath the fiberglass skin.

 

IMG_0006.jpeg

Edited by Jim Pratten
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wish they had been around years ago as there are so many uses for them. Last week workin on a 1995 moho the customer complained there water pump wouldnt shut off a quick scan of circuits an fuses shows a old style glass buss fuse takin a beating fom loose fit an more amps that it should handle.IMG_5862.thumb.jpeg.3dfd25570cd38d925c412f380befdc15.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is a great tool to have if you plan to install an outside exhaust port for the microwave making sure you don't have a metal sidewall frame member in your way.

I took a photo of my sidewall frames when it was cool outside and the dew had settled on the fiberglass indicating where the frame members were located.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

That is a great tool to have if you plan to install an outside exhaust port for the microwave making sure you don't have a metal sidewall frame member in your way.

I took a photo of my sidewall frames when it was cool outside and the dew had settled on the fiberglass indicating where the frame members were located.

I did that same thing however just got the driver side. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Jim Pratten said:

Found my old infrared camera today after it went “missing” for year and a half.  Had to play with it a bit yesterday evening. 

This photo is the side of our 2000 Dynasty York showing the warmer framing beneath the fiberglass skin.

 

IMG_0006.jpeg

I use a similar IR camera attached to my cell phone to spot hot locations indicating poor connections/failed components on circuit boards or loose high current low voltage battery connections.  Actually a whole lot easier than measuring voltage drop to spot a poor high current / low voltage connections.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Frank McElroy said:

I use a similar IR camera attached to my cell phone to spot hot locations indicating poor connections/failed components on circuit boards or loose high current low voltage battery connections.

Great application Frank.

My most memorable use of IR was a roofing survey of the complex looking for compromised roofs. Flew in a helicopter at sundown, taking IR photos of the built up roofs. The damaged areas typically trapped water with those areas showing up darker. Good fun.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Couldn't resist, had to buy the new toy.  First up was side shot of the RV, but only get a glimpse of morning sun before it goes in the shade.  Unfortunately the IR lens doesn't allow zooming, and I had a stack of bushes behind me so could only catch a corner.

image.thumb.png.c8f806deeee4a7c20b6c7adb56808095.png

It also worked for checking propane level (1/4 tank), heat leakage around the fridge, battery temps (coach batt +4F vs chassis batt).  Next trip I'll use it to look for leaks around the front end.

The FLIR was much lower resolution so ended up getting the Topdon TC001 from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Thermal-Android-TOPDON-256x192-Resolution/dp/B0C23Z42KX . . . check out the resolution of the neighbor's tractor. 

- bob

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...